Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Talking I want Owl People to be a Playable Race.

You know I may have been a hypocrite from the past about Fox People and Snake People but my hatred of Animal Races changed when I saw Owl People in the New Shadowlands Trailer. Owl People are named Stewards and they look freaking Awesome!!!

https://www.femalefirst.co.uk/image-...oncept-art.jpg

I hope some day down the Line Owl People along with the Vampires, Necrolord Liches, and those Deer looking People get to be made playable down the line in the Expansion.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runicknight View Post
    You know I may have been a hypocrite from the past about Fox People and Snake People but my hatred of Animal Races changed when I saw Owl People in the New Shadowlands Trailer. Owl People are named Stewards and they look freaking Awesome!!!

I hope some day down the Line Owl People along with the Vampires, Necrolord Liches, and those Deer looking People get to be made playable down the line in the Expansion.
    I sense a Naga argument brewing on this one.

They looked great in the preview, not having the same wish than you but I understand why.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Nightborne looked great as NPCs as well. Didn't transition well into playable characters. Also, the problem I see with the Shadowlands races being playable...Aren't they basically spirits bound to the Shadowlands? How can they exist in the living world as we do?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Unless they do like the mechagnomes and make most of their armor hidden I don't see them ever being playable as their bodies don't seem to be designed for player armor.

Still been waiting since Wrath for Tuskarr as a playable race

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Also, the problem I see with the Shadowlands races being playable...Aren't they basically spirits bound to the Shadowlands? How can they exist in the living world as we do?
    Yes.
    They’re from another plane of existence that is fed and sustained by our deaths. How they could or why they would venture back to our realm would be dubious at best.

What can I say. Welcome to the Naga & Seth'Rak club. It's never gonna happen.

Um....roll a druid and just stay in Boomkin 24/7?

I think we're far more likely to see the owl in the OP's picture as a boomkin cosmetic option for staying with that faction than we are to see an entire allied race surrounding it.

Thank you for your opinion.

Thank you for also not being a Blizzard Dev, or anyone they would consider listening to in regards to future WoW races or allied races.

Owl type folks are already in the game, they're called Druid. Congrats, you got your wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    The Nightborne looked great as NPCs as well. Didn't transition well into playable characters. Also, the problem I see with the Shadowlands races being playable...Aren't they basically spirits bound to the Shadowlands? How can they exist in the living world as we do?
    @Runicknight those creatures would make a great moonkin form for Nightborne druids, should blizzard finally allow nightborne botanists to train under Valewalker Farodin as druids.

I demand unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Yes.
    They’re from another plane of existence that is fed and sustained by our deaths. How they could or why they would venture back to our realm would be dubious at best.
    But if Sylvanas has a deal with the Jailer to liberate everyone, or plan to usurp the Jailer's power outright, she may try to breach or shatter the veil between life and death. She already tried to do this by imprisoning the Val'Kyr in Stormheim in Legion. Sylvanas is uniquely qualified to be the one to remove the veil. In that case, even Shadowland races could be playable on Azeroth.

Looks like it's the Tortollan rig.

Seems possible that at least we could get a Moonkin form of them.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind owl people to play. Owls are cool.

You first have to turn a spirit into something made out of flesh and blood and hopefully not like in the 1995 Casper Movie :X

fox, snake, naga.... and i'm over just waiting for turtle people to be playable QQ
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

They're cool and all and I'd love to have my own but I don't see it happening without a decent to severe amount of work gear/armor wise. It'd more qualify for a core race than an allied one. The most we can really hope for is some modified moonkin form out of all of this unless blizzard has a few surprises hidden behind their back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runicknight View Post

Owl people, monkey people, fish people, turtle people, walrus people, Frog People, mantis people, snake people, pale skin blue eyed point eared people should all be playable

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I demand platypus people as playable race.