Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    So what post is this?
    Post #22.

    /10char
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    Plus, taran Zhu was always an unsiufferable asshole. Who is that panda to tell Alliance players that they are wrong to fight for their lives and the lives of their loved ones against the Horde?
    First, he tells the same to the Horde. Second, I imagine you'd also be mad at people who decided to extend the war against each other on your lands for no reason at all. Imagine USA and Russia having a war and deciding it would be a good idea to fight it on African continent for no apparent reason. I'd guess the Africans there would be angry their lands and people get destroyed because of a war they have no part of.

    We waged a war of survival in Cata/MoP, just like in BfA, and it's not because he and his people were such cowards and pathetic losers that they never managed to defeat the Sha that they get to berate us.
    Pandaren didn't know the Sha were real. As said by Cho, it was a tale told to young pandaren to scare them and make them behave. Pretty hard to defeat something you have no idea exists, huh? And notice how for thousands of years the sha didn't manage to wake, yet they did the moment we appeared on Pandaria. And you wonder why Taran Zhu is mad at us?
    Also, noone "berated" you. What is this high level of overreaction, are you this Karen from Walmart that gets offended to the bone because she was told to speak quiet after she yelled her lungs off at the poor customer service worker?

    They didn't live "better" lives than the other races because they were betetr or mor eunlightened. They lived those peaceful lives because they actively fleed from the world and did everything they could to NOT fight, no matter what.
    You speak much about Pandaria but it's obvious you have no CLUE about the lore, at all. And I don't mean some complicated lore, I mean the lore you learn doing basic quests.
    They did live better lives, because of what they endured under the Mogu rule and because Emperor Shaohao taught them to live it like that. Thousands of years ago. Also the pools in the Vale made them at least a bit smarter than an average race. Also no idea what makes you think they fled from the world, they remainded at the exact same place. Why would a peaceful and good-living race seek to expand beyond their land? And while, yes, they did everything they could to NOT fight (though, honestly, it works the opposite way, the Alliance and Horde do everything they can TO fight), I have no idea what does it have to your previous sentence.

    God, I hate MoP as an Alliance. Being insulted and berated at every turn made it really terrible.
    Well, you only prove the stereotype of the Alliance players being little fragile flowers, feeling insulted by literally anything. Not only Alliance wasn't the only one being told of their wrongdoings, you also think it's not a problem to bring war to an unknown land belonging to neutral race, but it's somehow INSULTING and BERATING being told it's wrong.

    EDIT: And if anything, MoP was one of the best storytelling expansions for the Alliance. Anduinn received heavy development, Jaina too. Your first quests on Pandaria you see the Horde portrayed as some Legion loving fel addicted brutes and let's not even start about you getting a nice ally in the Jade Forest while the Horde got some meme race. Then you got to raid your enemy's capital and dispose of their warmongering warchief. And you managed to slaughter some Sunreavers, too. MoP was arguably THE BEST expansion for the Alliance. But muh pandas, them cowards but they brave to tell us we bad guys, buhuhu my flower ego, we are supposed to be good bois 100% time.
    Last edited by keymil; 2019-12-08 at 03:34 PM.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    They didn't forget, but they don't want to support the notion that there can ever truly be peace between Horde and alliance either. If there was ever a time for them to drop the faction crap once and for all, it was BFA - and Shadowlands proves that nope, they're sticking to their guns on it no matter how many pointless wars H/A fight.
    God forbid the developers feel like the Horde vs Alliance thing is integral to the core concept of the game. It's PLAYERS, and more specifically, those who participate in forum discussions, who should decide whether factions still matter.


  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    And the fact that we'll still have war mode in Shadowlands - despite the WAR being officially over - is just plain dumb.
    They're too scared to upset all the ganker squads by either removing wpvp or making it ffa which means you could no longer just hide in the crowd of overpopulated faction, you would always be in danger in warmode.

    I'm really wondering what will happen in Shadowlands when everyone is in the same zones and not like in BFA on separate continents at launch, how many people will keep wm off especially if they aren't one of the "pull all nighter at launch" group that gets ahead of the xp curve. Will we see again 30% buff for the Alliance that still nobody will use?

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Exactly.

    And the fact that we'll still have war mode in Shadowlands - despite the WAR being officially over - is just plain dumb.
    I don't see how, because even if it's officially over, there'll still be plenty of individuals of both factions who will still take the opportunity to kill a horde/alliance they spot out in the wilderness that they can get away doing so without their commanders knowing.

    But if you're gonna start removing game mechanics like that, should we remove every Battleground as well?

  6. #46
    Over 9000! Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    9,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    I don't see how, because even if it's officially over, there'll still be plenty of individuals of both factions who will still take the opportunity to kill a horde/alliance they spot out in the wilderness that they can get away doing so without their commanders knowing.

    But if you're gonna start removing game mechanics like that, should we remove every Battleground as well?
    Because clearly, removing a BFA feature named after the war in BFA (that is now canonically over) surely also means removing things that have been in the game since vanilla. Totally what I was suggesting.

    /facepalm

    Sarcasm aside, I totally get that not everyone (on either side) wants peace or whatever, but there are plenty of people who are sick and tired of these convoluted excuses to put us back at each other's throats.

    We need to work together to stop Sylvanas and the Jailer, but give it time and it'll be like AHHH! A HORDE SKINNED MY MOBS BEFORE I COULD! THIS MEANS WAR DAMN IT! all over again.

    And maybe that's fine with the PvP types, but to me it is beating a long-dead horse.

    "But its called WARcraft!"

    Um... did we not fight wars against the Legion? Against the Scourge? Against the Naga empire? Soon, against the realm of death itself?

    There is plenty of war in Warcraft with or without the faction BS. Just because Humans vs Orcs was a thing in 1993 doesn't mean it needs to be a thing in 2020.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2019-12-08 at 05:33 PM.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Because clearly, removing a BFA feature named after the war in BFA (that is now canonically over) surely also means removing things that have been in the game since vanilla. Totally what I was suggesting.

    /facepalm

    Sarcasm aside, I totally get that not everyone (on either side) wants peace or whatever, but there are plenty of people who are sick and tired of these convoluted excuses to put us back at each other's throats.

    We need to work together to stop Sylvanas and the Jailer, but give it time and it'll be like AHHH! A HORDE SKINNED MY MOBS BEFORE I COULD! THIS MEANS WAR DAMN IT! all over again.

    And maybe that's fine with the PvP types, but to me it is beating a long-dead horse.

    "But its called WARcraft!"

    Um... did we not fight wars against the Legion? Against the Scourge? Against the Naga empire? Soon, against the realm of death itself?

    There is plenty of war in Warcraft with or without the faction BS. Just because Humans vs Orcs was a thing in 1993 doesn't mean it needs to be a thing in 2020.
    Sorry, Blizzard disagrees with you.

  8. #48
    Players ask for a real war but real wars don't simply end, hatreds are not simply forgotten, and the cycle never stops until the people fighting actually want it to stop. How many decades did it take America and Russia to stop massaging the nuke trigger while talking to each other?

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    They reference it again with Lor'themar in Nazjatar.

    Ye, it took us a while, but FOR REAL THIS TIME.

    THIS TIME WITH FEELING.
    "Yeah, this time we WON'T break the cycle ON PURPOSE, even though we literally were coming together at the end of 8.2.5"

    "The HvA conflict is a cornerstone of WoW and we have no plans to change that." -Ion Stupidface at Blizzcon 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Sorry, Blizzard disagrees with you.
    Blizzard also disagreed with WoW Classic existing and it's currently doing better than Retail.

    PS: I don't care for Classic, I'm just saying they are NOT correct just because they're the developer.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Because clearly, removing a BFA feature named after the war in BFA (that is now canonically over) surely also means removing things that have been in the game since vanilla. Totally what I was suggesting.

    /facepalm

    Sarcasm aside, I totally get that not everyone (on either side) wants peace or whatever, but there are plenty of people who are sick and tired of these convoluted excuses to put us back at each other's throats.

    We need to work together to stop Sylvanas and the Jailer, but give it time and it'll be like AHHH! A HORDE SKINNED MY MOBS BEFORE I COULD! THIS MEANS WAR DAMN IT! all over again.

    And maybe that's fine with the PvP types, but to me it is beating a long-dead horse.

    "But its called WARcraft!"

    Um... did we not fight wars against the Legion? Against the Scourge? Against the Naga empire? Soon, against the realm of death itself?

    There is plenty of war in Warcraft with or without the faction BS. Just because Humans vs Orcs was a thing in 1993 doesn't mean it needs to be a thing in 2020.
    You're likely to find a lot of support on these forums for the abolition of factions. If there ever were even the slightest possibility for that to happen, it would've happened with the culmination of BfA's storyline. But when asked this exact question at last year's BlizzCon, Ion's answer was about as firm of a no as you could possibly get. It wasn't, "no but..." or even "we understand, however..." It was a flat nope. It's not something that's on Blizzard's radar and even though players on forums love to make cynical arguments about the pointlessness of factions, Blizzard clearly sees it as a fundamental pillar of the core gameplay of WoW.

  11. #51
    The Insane Boomzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    17,042
    I really don't understand why they keep making stories based on unity if they are never ever going to let it go anywhere. It's fucking ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    You had your chance to make something special of this, Internet, and you fucked it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    We are in this thread with Elba, therefore we are all Elba.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Forgot? How when bfa is the garosh 2.0 electric boogalo.
    That only further reinforces that they forgot MoP if they do the same storyline over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Blizzard also disagreed with WoW Classic existing and it's currently doing better than Retail.

    PS: I don't care for Classic, I'm just saying they are NOT correct just because they're the developer.
    There is absolutely no proof that Classic is doing better than retail. And it's a complete misrepresentation of Blizzard's stance on Legacy prior to Classic's announcement to say that they were against it because they didn't think it would be popular. They were against it because they changed server infrastructure and couldn't find a way to do it without spending stupid amounts of development resources on it. Once they found a way to do it on current server hardware, it was greenlit. But you don't have to take that from me, this was given to us by Blizzard president J Allen Brack, the man who told us we think we did but we didn't himself.
    Last edited by otaXephon; 2019-12-08 at 06:42 PM.

  14. #54
    Over 9000! Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    9,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Sorry, Blizzard disagrees with you.
    And Blizzard disagreed with people who wanted WoW Classic for the better part of a decade. What's your point?

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    And Blizzard disagreed with people who wanted WoW Classic for the better part of a decade. What's your point?
    Well, they disagree now. And since we are constantly being reminded that they work on future expansions years in advance, you are going to see another faction "war" at least once more.

  16. #56
    Titan Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    11,330
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    This is essentially where we are going

    The Doctor: You just want cruelty to beget cruelty. You're not superior to people who were cruel to you. You're just a whole bunch of new cruel people. A whole bunch of new cruel people, being cruel to some other people, who'll end up being cruel to you. The only way anyone can live in peace is if they're prepared to forgive. Why don't you break the cycle?

    Bonnie: Why should we?

    The Doctor: What is it that you actually want?

    Bonnie: War.

    The Doctor: Ah. And when this war is over, when -- when you have the homeland free from humans, what do you think it's going to be like? Do you know? Have you thought about it? Have you given it any consideration? Because you're very close to getting what you want. What's it going to be like? Paint me a picture. Are you going to live in houses? Do you want people to go to work? What'll be holidays? Oh! Will there be music? Do you think people will be allowed to play violins? Who will make the violins? Well? Oh, You don't actually know, do you? Because, just like every other tantruming child in history, Bonnie, you don't actually know what you want. So, let me ask you a question about this brave new world of yours. When you've killed all the bad guys, and it's all perfect and just and fair, when you have finally got it exactly the way you want it, what are you going to do with the people like you? The troublemakers. How are you going to protect your glorious revolution from the next one?

    Bonnie: We'll win.

    Doctor: Oh, will you? Well maybe -- maybe you will win. But nobody wins for long. The wheel just keepts turning. So, come on. Break the cycle.

    Bonnie: Then why are you still talking?

    The Doctor: Because I'm trying to get you to see. And I'm almost there.

    Bonnie: Do you know what I see, Doctor? A box. A box with everything I need. A 50% chance.

    Kate: For us, too.

    [The Doctor sighs.]

    The Doctor: And we're off! Fingers on buzzers! Are you feeling lucky? Are you ready to play the game? Who's going to be quickest? Who's going to be the luckiest?

    Kate: This is not a game!

    The Doctor: No, it's not a game, sweetheart, and I mean that most sincerely.

    Bonnie: Why are you doing this?

    Kate: Yes, I'd like to know that too. You set this up -- why?

    The Doctor: Because it's not a game, Kate. This is a scale model of war. Every war ever fought right there in front of you. Because it's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken! How many lives shattered! How much blood will spill until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning -- sit down and talk! Listen to me, listen. I just -- I just want you to think. Do you know what thinking is? It's just a fancy word for changing your mind.

    Bonnie: I will not change my mind.

    The Doctor: Then you will die stupid. Alternatively, you could step away from that box. You could walk right out of that door, and you could stand your revolution down.

    Bonnie: No, I'm not stopping this, Doctor. I started it. I will not stop it. You think they'll let me go after what I've done?

    The Doctor: You're all the same, you screaming kids, you know that? "Look at me, I'm unforgivable." Well here's the unforeseeable, I forgive you. After all you've done. I forgive you.

    Bonnie: You don't understand. You will never understand.

    The Doctor: I don't understand? Are you kidding? Me? Of course I understand. I mean, do you call this a war, this funny little thing? This is not a war. I fought in a bigger war than you will ever know. I did worse things than you could ever imagine, and when I close my eyes... I hear more screams than anyone could ever be able to count! And do you know what you do with all that pain? Shall I tell you where you put it? You hold it tight... Til it burns your hand. And you say this -- no one else will ever have to live like this. No one else will ever have to feel this pain. Not on my watch.
    Man this speech needs to be taught to so many folks today. It is so true.

  17. #57
    The Insane FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    19,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Except in WoD they worked together and separately in different areas to overthrow the Iron Horde, and then it fell apart in Legion when it was perceived the Horde abandoned the Alliance when they assaulted the Broken Shore.
    Nothing was forgotten, just the broken cycle was repaired due to a misunderstanding. So yeah, it’s completely on “team B” and shorty lore writing. Keep spinning that tale.
    Dont forget the horde also attacked the alliance in ashran because they didnt trust them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  18. #58
    Titan Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    11,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Sorry, Blizzard disagrees with you.
    And they've shown themselves to ne really in touch woth the community and great game designers abd storytellers lately too haven't they?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    That only further reinforces that they forgot MoP if they do the same storyline over again.
    WHILE claiming it is COMPLETELY different snd new and we'll be completely surprised by how it goes with sylvanas...que going where everyone lnew it would and being MoP 2.0 as everyone knew

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    There is absolutely no proof that Classic is doing better than retail. And it's a complete misrepresentation of Blizzard's stance on Legacy prior to Classic's announcement to say that they were against it because they didn't think it would be popular. They were against it because they changed server infrastructure and couldn't find a way to do it without spending stupid amounts of development resources on it. Once they found a way to do it on current server hardware, it was greenlit. But you don't have to take that from me, this was given to us by Blizzard president J Allen Brack, the man who told us we think we did but we didn't himself.
    Pretty sire classic caused the largest surge in plauer subscription numbers in the games history

    Thaat at least briefly is pretty good proof it at peast was(if not is) doing better then retail

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post


    https://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Fall_of_Shan_Bu



    This was the day everything changed.

    The Horde & Alliance finally BROKE THE CYCLE, prevented further atrocities and mammoth loss of life, united against a greater monsterous threat that endangered the whole world, and allowed the writers to take the story to bold, new, creative, amazing, and incredibly imaginative directions.

    So where were you on the day EVERYTHING CHANGED, when the Horde rediscovered their honor and identity, the Alliance agreed to forgive (but never forget), and both side finally broke the cycle?
    Taran Zhu is the absolute worst character Blizzard ever came up with. The Holier Than Thou attitude when you first meet him on the shores of Jade Forest "YoU aLliAnCe aNd HoRdE dOn'T KnOW hOW tO HaNdlE yOUr eMOtioNS" to almost immediately succumbing to the Sha himself, to this dialogue here. What a pathetic, fat, furry piece of shit. "sTop FiGHTiNG gUYS juST WALK AWAY!!"

    Walking away doesn't change the fact that Lorthemar's people are still locked up in jail.
    Walking away doesn't change the fact the Sunreavers aided Garrosh in smuggling an atom bomb through Jaina's city.
    Walking away doesn't wash away literally decades of war.

    Shut up you fat panda, go eat some bamboo.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Pretty sire classic caused the largest surge in plauer subscription numbers in the games history

    Thaat at least briefly is pretty good proof it at peast was(if not is) doing better then retail
    You would have to know how many people are playing retail in order to draw that conclusion. It's not proof of anything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •