Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    This is what I have been talking about since BFA's announce. BFA is made by team B, that didn't even know, that two xpacks before that moment we had closed this faction war theme forever. Problem is... Looks like BFA also won't have any long term consequences. Factions won't be united again. And it, again, leaves room for another PVP-biased faction war xpack in a future. This just shows, that lore doesn't matter at all. Blizzard just brake it, how they want, to make it suit their needs. If they would need another PVP-biased xpack, nothing would stop them from pushing faction war again, no matter, how silly new reasons for it would be.
    We never broke the cycle. The Alliance unliateraly decided that it'd forgive the Horde and cave to every of their demands, without enforcing anything to prevent another set of atrocities like Theramore, Gilneas, Southshore or the invasion of Ashenvale. This ws rewarding the aggressor, and it was bound to happen again.

And you don't "break the cycle" when you fight monsters who have rpoven time and again that they don't care for peace except when its allow them to replenish their ranks so they can better slaughter you again in a few years. You fight them, till either they're destroyed or you are. Like the Allies did in WWII.

Plus, taran Zhu was always an unsiufferable asshole. Who is that panda to tell Alliance players that they are wrong to fight for their lives and the lives of their loved ones against the Horde? We waged a war of survival in Cata/MoP, just like in BfA, and it's not because he and his people were such cowards and pathetic losers that they never managed to defeat the Sha that they get to berate us. They didn't live "better" lives than the other races because they were betetr or mor eunlightened. They lived those peaceful lives because they actively fleed from the world and did everything they could to NOT fight, no matter what.

God, I hate MoP as an Alliance. Being insulted and berated at every turn made it really terrible.
    Last edited by Manariel; 2019-12-08 at 06:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what post is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    Plus, taran Zhu was always an unsiufferable asshole. Who is that panda to tell Alliance players that they are wrong to fight for their lives and the lives of their loved ones against the Horde? We waged a war of survival in Cata/MoP, just like in BfA, and it's not because he and his people were such cowards and pathetic losers that they never managed to defeat the Sha that they get to berate us. They didn't live "better" lives than the other races because they were betetr or mor eunlightened. They lived those peaceful lives because they actively fleed from the world and did everything they could to NOT fight, no matter what.

God, I hate MoP as an Alliance. Being insulted and berated at every turn made it really terrible.
    Taran Zhu is the leader of the order that sworn to protect Pandaria and who's fighting to stop the armies of the horde and alliance transforming his land into a warzone.
    Because since our arrival there, only catastrophies occured and all of them are to blame on our two factions.
    So basically we are the a holes in this story, not Taran zhu

the „H vs A“ followed by „united against the great villain“ followed „by H vs A“ followed by....

is a wow game concept since... forever ?

so, nothing new here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard keeps 'breaking the cycle', just to repeat it.

This is what's so sad about saurfangs sacrifice with breaking the cycle as he said so himself, it will have been for nothing if the next a-hole writer comes along and starts up the cycle again.

This is why Warcrafts own narrative fails itself, because if it was a condense story like wc1, 2 and 3, it might be possible to have such a narrative. But with world of Warcraft, rather then taking a break between games and years between, it has to constantly throw in more and more story beats to entertain it's audience

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    Taran Zhu is the leader of the order that sworn to protect Pandaria and who's fighting to stop the armies of the horde and alliance transforming his land into a warzone.
    Because since our arrival there, only catastrophies occured and all of them are to blame on our two factions.
    So basically we are the a holes in this story, not Taran zhu
    Yeah, no. I'm sorry, but if I'm fighting against a superpower hellbent on slaughtering me and my loved ones, I don't give a fuck about what a coward like Zhu and his ilk thinks or say. i'll ravage any land if it means saving those I love from the jaws of oblivion, slavery or death camps. And in some cases, death wouldn't even be the end of suffering (as with the Forsakens, which are abominations with no right to spread and yet actively try to do so).

Breaking the cycle in WoW means breaking the cycle in that particular expansion :P

Ours is two cylcles, one of hatred and one of coming together.

"And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    And the writing team seemed to forget that this happened until Baine was locked up and people talked about how silly it was for Theron to work with Jaina when material got datamined...
    I guess they really wanted Baine to survive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Ours is two cylcles, one of hatred and one of coming together.

One cycle with two states.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    So where were you on the day EVERYTHING CHANGED, when the Horde rediscovered their honor and identity
    In Teldrassil. Trying to save the innocents you were burning alive while you were shouting muh honor, muh honor!
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Well you heard Ion on Blizzcon... People thought the "veteran of the 4th war" title they got meant war is over and now is peace... but nah "HvA is the important foundation of wow" so we're bound to repeat this regurgitated story again and again and again...

Storywise the war will never end. In-game it will end when every Alliance player finally transfers Horde, quits, or removes warmode, which we're already pretty close to in most regions. But we'll never be free from the corny lore of constantly forgetting the past only to repeat similar stuff again.

Personally I started playing wow believing that "lesson" was learnt in WC3 but apparently the lore figures of this franchise have a memory of a goldfish and personality of a flag that flaps the way the wind blows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I should have realised back then that Lor'themar was a pussy. But no, I made the mistake of giving him a chance.

Maybe next war he'll die and we'll get someone with the balls to put a sword in Jaina's gullet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Feels like the writers kind of forgot what we learned from MoP
    They didn't forget, but they don't want to support the notion that there can ever truly be peace between Horde and alliance either. If there was ever a time for them to drop the faction crap once and for all, it was BFA - and Shadowlands proves that nope, they're sticking to their guns on it no matter how many pointless wars H/A fight.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Feels like the writers kind of forgot what we learned from MoP
    That's okay, the players forget that every time to keep pushing Red v. Blue even though it makes no goddamn sense and the entire story since WC3 has been how the faction war needs to END because there's always a bigger threat. The whole underlying storyline has been that the faction war just weakens both against whatever the new big bad is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    They didn't forget, but they don't want to support the notion that there can ever truly be peace between Horde and alliance either. If there was ever a time for them to drop the faction crap once and for all, it was BFA - and Shadowlands proves that nope, they're sticking to their guns on it no matter how many pointless wars H/A fight.
    Yeah pretty much this. Too much ingrained in it and too afraid of the backlash from all the PVP tryhards if they got rid of it, even though other games have proven you can have cross-faction PVE without impacting PVP at all. In fact War Mode gives them the perfect way to do that. War Mode off = cross-faction PVE/communication/etc. War Mode on = not.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2019-12-08 at 02:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man MoP had some amazing moments, this being one of them.

Huh. That reminds me, what ever became of the Thunder King's staff that Jaina took?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    That's okay, the players forget that every time to keep pushing Red v. Blue even though it makes no goddamn sense and the entire story since WC3 has been how the faction war needs to END because there's always a bigger threat. The whole underlying storyline has been that the faction war just weakens both against whatever the new big bad is.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah pretty much this. Too much ingrained in it and too afraid of the backlash from all the PVP tryhards if they got rid of it, even though other games have proven you can have cross-faction PVE without impacting PVP at all. In fact War Mode gives them the perfect way to do that. War Mode off = cross-faction PVE/communication/etc. War Mode on = not.
    Exactly.

And the fact that we'll still have war mode in Shadowlands - despite the WAR being officially over - is just plain dumb.

I wonder how Blizzard will hype the next "Faction War" expansion in the next couple of years.

I mean, if this game or the Alliance survives until then, ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    the Alliance agreed to forgive (but never forget), and both side finally broke the cycle?
    oh they did forget, they forget Purge of dalaran and other shit they did, and make themselves (and especialy Jaina) saints...

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    So what post is this?
    Post #22.

/10char
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."