Question Alts looting Arachnoid Harvester differently?

Like some people, I park my alts next to Arachnoid Harvester at Mechagon for daily mount farming. But I've noticed something... odd about the way they loot it:

When my main loots it, I get the usual: An Ignition Coil, some grey item, and some Spare Parts. 1, 2, 3, done.

But every single one of my alts loots it differently. They loot the Ignition Coil, Grey Item, and Spare parts... and then they have to loot it again. Another 5 Spare parts.

This happens 100% of the time for every single alt, regardless of faction, and never on my main. Never.

Sorry for the weird support question, but does anyone know why this is happening? It's just so odd.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    Like some people, I park my alts next to Arachnoid Harvester at Mechagon for daily mount farming. But I've noticed something... odd about the way they loot it:

When my main loots it, I get the usual: An Ignition Coil, some grey item, and some Spare Parts. 1, 2, 3, done.

But every single one of my alts loots it differently. They loot the Ignition Coil, Grey Item, and Spare parts... and then they have to loot it again. Another 5 Spare parts.

This happens 100% of the time for every single alt, regardless of faction, and never on my main. Never.

Sorry for the weird support question, but does anyone know why this is happening? It's just so odd.
    It's a looting bug not related to the fact that you're doing on an alt, nor what you're looting. It happens all the time to my toons when looking herb or mining nodes.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    It's a looting bug not related to the fact that you're doing on an alt, nor what you're looting. It happens all the time to my toons when looking herb or mining nodes.
    I've noticed this recently too. It seems to be related to looting multiple of the same items. On the first time looting you'll get only 1 item and the second time looting you'll get whatever remains. It's been very annoying when farming transmog in legacy raids since I need to loot practically every pack and even some bosses twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

It's just a general looting bug regardless of what character you're on. I notice it all the time while running legacy content for mounts/mogs. It'll loot 5/6 items as if I've looted everything, then another item will appear on the dead boss/mob to loot and it's usually a duplicate item of something I just got. It's really strange.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    and then they have to loot it again. Another 5 Spare parts.
    It happens to me when out picking pretty flowers or smashing some ore to bits and pieces. Or looting stuff in general. On all characters.

As others have said, it's not alt related, it is, for everyone, a loot bug. How it occured and why, no clue. When it will be fixed, same answer. For now, deal with it and double loot. Bug report it if you want to speed up the process. I have.

I had this happen to me on Blackhand while farming for his mount in mythic blackrock foundry. I was also worried about it, but in the end I looted the mount despite the bug being present. It's weird but not 'dangerous'