Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Do you have any idea how many loot dramas I've been thru? In Wod/Legion I was in top ~200 guild and trust me, nearly no one ever looted trash in raids.
    Every goddamn boss = loot drama, every boe = loot drama.

Because people are scums and loot whores, sometimes you wanna avoid it.
    afaik the postmaster doesn't mail BoEs you didn't loot to you though. so theres that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    Wrong. If you read the post again it says he won the bow and had to give it away. I.E.: it dropped for him as personal loot and the raid made him trade it away to someone else.
    You cannot "win" and item dropped for you.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    many guild expect you to trade anything you can trade. so yeah, then you would have to win the item even though it dropped for you.

it's a dick move in most cases, but it's certainly not uncommon. I certainly wouldn't put up with it in a non mythic guild.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Semantics. OP chose ambiguous words, so what. They explained the situation, and apparently it happened as I described. Again: guild made OP trade away the item that dropped for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    You people are hopeless. Raiding is a team effort, there for all loot is for the team. BoE's should be for the team or to be sold for guild money. I wouldn't have stood for this when I raid led. Everyone is either a team player or will be replaced. Poor respect for your team like this just leads to shit players.
    Finally!

There really wouldn't be any loot drama if people had a group-first mentality. If you kill bosses, you're going to get loot eventually. It sounds like the guild isn't sure of the OP since he did mention he was a trial, so when they did a /roll for the bow, they gave it to someone else that it would also be an upgrade for. Hopefully this guild has some sort of set policies for BoEs or something to avoid confusion.

My own guild is a little weird about BoEs. It's left entirely to the discretion of the person who gets them, but most of the people who raid are so generous, they give them over to whomever needs them as an upgrade anyways. If you mention that you are super broke, there is usually a raider who will straight up offer to buy them (even while in raid).

I miss Master Loot.

Edit: If the bow was even a tiny ilevel upgrade for him, the system wouldn't have allowed him to trade it away if it directly dropped for him. So I'm regarding it as a /roll situation where someone else had the bow drop for them. Otherwise, we're looking at a situation where the OP is acting like a Scrouge with a super tiny upgrade or even a sidegrade versus giving it to someone that it actually would be an upgrade for.
    Last edited by Scrysis; 2019-12-12 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Been equal doesn't matter. Loot should go to where is best benefits the TEAM. Not the person. If an axe is a 12% upgrade for one person and a 25% upgrade for another. It goes to the 25% because that helps the team the most. Lack of team work is why most guilds suck at raiding no matter how hard they try.
    The person who joined the guild that day is 25% upgrade the one who is always on time every week is 12% upgrade, in your world it goes to the guy who just joined? But that is beside the point, this discussion is not about gear optimisation, it is about BoE's and who they 'belong' to, a BoE can be sold on AH because it is BoE, you have to factor that in, it does not drop bound to the raid party, so the cosmic gods of luck saw fit to let this person have an item that has such an option. If the guild does not want that they should have a rule about it.

Assuming rules for members is wrong and unfair.

This isn't classic, if it drops for you it is yours lol. Anyone saying anything else is probably one of those ppl. If you are in a casual guild that not trying to push mythic it doesnt make sense to give way your shit

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Last night a titanforged BoE dropped for a hunter. This hunter has always self-supplied his own flasks, pots, and food. I am not high enough rank so I supply my own repairs. I am 100% self-sufficient in guild runs. As stated earlier on my hunter a titanforged 445 glove dropped. I have 450 gloves so I could trade them. When my guild saw the text they flipped shit and wanted me to roll it to the guild. I am relatively new and they never give me loot. I won the crit bow off the first boss but I was a newbie and they gave it to someone else. I told them its mine and im selling it. Those gloves are worth 115k gold on my server. We are 6/8H and very casual. I don't take anything from the guild I supply everything myself. How would you feel if the newbie you treated like trash didnt want to give the gloves to someone?
    Just leave that guild. You won the gear fair and square. That guild exists to exploit newbies in favor of it's core group. NO point in staying if you aren't getting anything in return.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    No wonder you are still treated as a newcomer with that attitude, better go find another guild.
    JHow dare he want to keep someting that dropped from him. He won that piece of gear fair and square. It is his right to do what he wants with it. YOu have no right to make him do anything His attitude is far better than your toxic attitude right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    Edit: If the bow was even a tiny ilevel upgrade for him, the system wouldn't have allowed him to trade it away if it directly dropped for him. So I'm regarding it as a /roll situation where someone else had the bow drop for them. Otherwise, we're looking at a situation where the OP is acting like a Scrouge with a super tiny upgrade or even a sidegrade versus giving it to someone that it actually would be an upgrade for.
    It's a BOE. That only applies to soulbound loot I think.

If you are an applicant to that guild, and the policy of that guild is to distribute loot in an efficacious manner to maximize progression in which its members will give up tradable loot to the decided upon party based on w/e metrics they use:
    Yes, you should have instantly said np and traded it to whomever. In fact not doing so should have resulted in the immediate termination of your trial period and you should be removed from the guild.

If there is no such policy in place, or if you were simply filling in because that guild needed bodies to complete the raid then while you are not technically inclined by anything other that yourself to trade that loot and could keep it, there will still be the reasonable expectation of still being shamed for it.

If you ever intend on joining a real raiding guild, or the business world in general irl I would recommend you come to these expectations where the general mentality can be more utilitarian than your specific needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    afaik the postmaster doesn't mail BoEs you didn't loot to you though. so theres that.
    yeah I've been running tabard dungeons to get old old reps up and not looting anything. When I started the runs I was looting and got a few BOEs. Now that I don't loot and just empty my mailbox later on, I haven't received a single BOE

At the start of the tier boes ussually all go to the guild bank. Used as a upgrade for those who need or sold for funds.

Near the end of the tier when boes are worth jack shit, don't really care.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Just leave that guild. You won the gear fair and square. That guild exists to exploit newbies in favor of it's core group. NO point in staying if you aren't getting anything in return.

- - - Updated - - -

JHow dare he want to keep someting that dropped from him. He won that piece of gear fair and square. It is his right to do what he wants with it. YOu have no right to make him do anything His attitude is far better than your toxic attitude right now.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a BOE. That only applies to soulbound loot I think.
    I was referring to where the OP talks about the bow going to someone else, even though he "won" it. The BoE was a different item -- a pair of gloves.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP's post is not really clear about whether he's talking about another hunter AND his or just his and the first sentence is incorrectly phrased,

8/8M CE guild. 3 nights.

Our rule is simple.

Whatever drops in the raid, is for the raid group.
    1. You drop your item, need it to wear it, yours.
    2. The item is not a bis, you dont want to wear it: goes to guild. Officers either ask for people that need it to /roll or assign it to someone that needs it.
    If you give an item that is BOE > you get one back either if one BOE drops you need (you have priority) or if a loot drops form a boss that is not needed by a person and you want it.
    If you dont give the item, you get no dibs on any BOE from any guild run, you do not benefit from the free enchants the guild provide and you are definitely not considered a priority if an items is given by the loot council and not /rolled on.

The player has a choice, sharing is always for the benefit of all.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    nearly no one ever looted trash in raids.
    I know for a while it went to your mail. I would check trash for BoE's and if there was one there I'd leave it then get it from the mail when no one was on and sell it

B-)
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    8/8M CE guild. 3 nights.

Our rule is simple.

Whatever drops in the raid, is for the raid group.
    1. You drop your item, need it to wear it, yours.
    2. The item is not a bis, you dont want to wear it: goes to guild. Officers either ask for people that need it to /roll or assign it to someone that needs it.
    If you give an item that is BOE > you get one back either if one BOE drops you need (you have priority) or if a loot drops form a boss that is not needed by a person and you want it.
    If you dont give the item, you get no dibs on any BOE from any guild run, you do not benefit from the free enchants the guild provide and you are definitely not considered a priority if an items is given by the loot council and not /rolled on.

The player has a choice, sharing is always for the benefit of all.
    Those are very reasonable rules. Note the you're 8/8M. The OP's guild is 6/8H and doesn't even provide them repairs etc.

Basically, if one expects the guild raid to fund repairs, provide enchants etc then yeah, the player has to chip in. But it sounds like the OP isn't getting any of those perks either because they're a trial or the raid has different ranks and they're low. People say "it's common for trials not to get gear!" but then why should that player contribute the gear they win, esp BoEs? Hell, the raid could take the BOE and kick the trial at the end of the night.

This is really a 'scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" situation. Yes, if the raider gets benefits from the raid, including loot, they should contribute back to the raid (and the raid should have published rules like you do). But if the raid withholds benefits from a raider, they can't really expect the raider to chip in.
    Last edited by clevin; 2019-12-14 at 01:32 AM.

How would you feel if the newbie you treated like trash didnt want to give the gloves to someone?
    This seems like something you discuss prior to joining a guild. If I was running a guild and BOE's were for the guild and someone refused to hand one over then they would be looking for another guild.

Last night a titanforged BoE dropped for a hunter. This hunter has always self-supplied his own flasks, pots, and food. I am not high enough rank so I supply my own repairs. I am 100% self-sufficient in guild runs. As stated earlier on my hunter a titanforged 445 glove dropped. I have 450 gloves so I could trade them. When my guild saw the text they flipped shit and wanted me to roll it to the guild. I am relatively new and they never give me loot. I won the crit bow off the first boss but I was a newbie and they gave it to someone else. I told them its mine and im selling it. Those gloves are worth 115k gold on my server. We are 6/8H and very casual. I don't take anything from the guild I supply everything myself. How would you feel if the newbie you treated like trash didnt want to give the gloves to someone?
    I'm in a casual 5/8M guild, during week 1 of Mythic our Shadow priest got 455 BoE cloth gloves. The GM encouraged him to either A) use them himself or B) sell them.
    He decided to sell them, got 3mil gold, none of us were salty and there was never even a hint of making him give them to a less lucky guildy or some other such nonsense.

If you're in a guild that's below top world 150ish, I wouldn't personally tolerate bullying tactics over loot, especially since the Hunter in question (based on the post I can't tell if it was in fact you or another hunter?) should have had socketed Benthic gloves which were better anyway.

TL: DR, Don't let casual guilds that can't kill bosses dictate your loot. Your body, your choice etc.
    Last edited by DazManianDevil; 2019-12-14 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Removed false smiley, here's a real one :D

15+ Year Old Account
    My guilds always let members need roll need on BOE gear if was an upgrade. If no upgrade, guild master or officer AH’d it and money went to repairs.

We never let anyone greed roll and keep it for sale. Anyone pugging didn’t get a shot at BOE upgrade or not.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    By reading that line alone - I think you should probably find a new guild that fits you better?

Find a guild who has taken the time to figure this stuff out and has clear set of rules regarding loot distribution. If the guild has a rule about BoE's and you agreed to it before you joined - then hand it over. If not - well, then its yours to do whatever the hell you want.

Being a 6/8H BAD guild - at this point, lol - who the hell cares what you do with a shitty BoE.. just sounds like the guild leadership is trying to bully a new member into giving their stuff to "trusted friends". Sounds like a shitty guild.

/gquit and find a better guild

...6/8H guild that has DPK/loot council?!? what the actual..?
    This echoed my thoughts. I'm friends with people in 8/8 H guilds that couldn't clear Azshara til last week, because their entire roster grey parses at over 440 ilvl.
    Not an effort to flame anyone, but if you can't clear the raid in Dec on H, are you even raiding?