Highest loot 8.3 launch

Hi

Do we have a firm answer on if we need to do a +15 this week to get the highest loot (475?) in the chest on Wednesday? I've searched around but I cant find anything online confirming!

Weekly chests in BfA are based on the week you earn them, not the week you open them.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

pretty sure they won't up the ilvl on gear from weekly chest before one week after when the raid releases, like they did with 8.2. So if you do a 15 key this week, you will still only get a 430 or what the ivl is currently for a 10 key. Then that week you do a 10 key with the new scaling and then you get the new ilvl the next week. but i might be wrong, so don't base your activity on this

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Weekly chests in BfA are based on the week you earn them, not the week you open them.
    thanks for the info, I should have just asked in guild chat fellow Guildie

As far as I know the importante thing about doing M+ this week is:

AP if you are capped at 70 now
    Titan residuum after reset

Am I wrong about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Waldor666 View Post
    Hi

Do we have a firm answer on if we need to do a +15 this week to get the highest loot (475?) in the chest on Wednesday? I've searched around but I cant find anything online confirming!
    The Jan 14 chest will be the reward for this week, which is the last of the true s3 weeks. The reward will be 440+ with the possibility of WF/TF.

The Jan 21 chest will be the reward for the tack-on s3 week. (Raider.io refers to it as "BFA Post-Season 3". That week is counted differently in raider.io since it's still the s3 metrics, but you have upgrades in the form of the cloak and the AP cap increase with the patch.) The reward is still 440 base.

The Jan 28 chest is the first s4 weekly reward. That will be the first one to get 470 for 10 or 475 for 15 and will no longer WF/TF but can be corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post

The Jan 28 chest is the first s4 weekly reward. That will be the first one to get 470 for 10 or 475 for 15 and will no longer WF/TF but can be corrupted.
    It's really 470 in weekly chest for a 10, then 11-14 do nothing until 15? crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    It's really 470 in weekly chest for a 10, then 11-14 do nothing until 15? crazy.
    Yes. Not really anything that 11-14 could give in terms of ilevel without needing to lower 10.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

They changed it. 10 gives 465, 12 gives 470 and 15 gives 475 (all numbers for weekly chest ... end-of-dungeon rewards -10 ilvl.)

https://www.wowhead.com/news=304825/...e-buff?webhook
    Last edited by Trend; 2020-01-10 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    They changed it. 10 gives 465, 12 gives 470 and 15 gives 475 (all numbers for weekly chest ... end-of-dungeon rewards -10 ilvl.)

https://www.wowhead.com/news=304825/...e-buff?webhook
    ah thanks, only pugging atm 12's shouldn't be too hard to pug while working upto a 15s.

ah thanks, only pugging atm 12's shouldn't be too hard to pug while working upto a 15s.
    Also with typical end of xpac power creep 15s are going to eventually be quite a bit easier then they currently are. The new seasonal affix also helps non fotm comps be competitive with routing, and don't even need good communication like with rogue shroud to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Also with typical end of xpac power creep 15s are going to eventually be quite a bit easier then they currently are.
    Why do you expect more power creep in 8.3?

Right now we have PUGs with 450+ ilvl, font of power and a timed +19 is not a given every week. The +15 from 8.3 is a +19.5 from the game right now and currupted gear cant be stacked endlessly, I wont even touch the gigantic increase in RNG to get usefull corrupted gear.

The PTR M+ stream testing with close to "BiS" currupted gear - we most likely never ever see in the real game - did not look easier at all.

I would say a +19 right now with 430 ilvl and no on-use trinkets is more comperable to the 8.3 weekly-15 difficulty. It just means it will require even more cheesing with rogues to get the runs fast enough.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    The +15 from 8.3 is a +19.5 from the game right now
    And player strength a month into the patch is going to be far, far stronger then it currently is. Not sure why you think a comparison to now is relevant to then. Don't be surprised when people are doing 28s at the end of this tier instead of 25s. I think this is your first rodeo partner, but end of xpac power creep is gonna be real when you only need to find 1-2 pieces of good corrupted gear and have full sockets on all your gear.