Poll: Would you still raid without drops?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe once to see what it was like, but repeated after that? Nope.

Question is pretty light on details!

Is gear still a thing? Is player power still a thing? In order to clear the raids, would we be required to gear up via other means (e.g. Mythic+)?

The answer is both yes and No.
    Would I still enjoy the challenge of clearing new raid Tiers? Yes, absolutely. Would I re-clear the content every week on "farm"? Of course not... and that's why my ultimate answer is No because I'd be un-subbed.

Farming raids gets boring eventually, but we get a new one each Tier.
    Mythic + however, (with the exception of Mechagon) is the same dungeons for an entire expansion, with (mostly) the same affixes. All that changes is a single seasonal affix and the scaling and I wouldn't continue to pay a monthly sub for that.

So if the game existed as it does today, minus any Raid rewards, I'd be un-subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    i voted yes but only if i could raid with the guys and gals i raided with back in wrath when we got our highest world ranking and were having a total blast.
    But if your MT or that super God tier Holy Pally that carried the other healers only raided for loot... suddenly that player no longer has a reason to show up for raids. And the whole thing falls apart. That's why this question is ridiculous. It shouldn't be whether you would raid for no loot rewards... it should be do you think you could convince 19 other people to think the same way you do. And if the wide swath of opinions in this thread is any indication... that's very unlikely to happen.

I would for the sake of the story and gaming... However I definitely wouldn't need to raid as much.

Even with BfA... with no tier sets my raiding experience has been heroic and a few partial mythic clears

Once to kill the boss and never set foot back there ever again. So no. Lets not even toy around with this idea. Leave raids as they are

I would absolutely raid even if they didn't drop gear SO LONG AS nothing else gave gear or impacted my performance in that raid, either. I raid for the competition and the fact that just doing a raid is fun. Getting gear in the past was fine and fun. gear now is a pain in the ass, because the way rewards work now you have to get lucky with drops or grind your entire fucking life away if you want orange parses. No thanks.

Do the fights once or twice then never see them again.

I don't view gear as a reward in any way, so yes.

I would but since an absolutely majority would stop doing them, and you cant raid alone I would be forced into not doing them too.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Doesn't sound like an RPG any more with no loot drops.

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks View Post
    Title. For those of you who raid, would you still do it if didnt award any loot what-so-ever? No equipment, mounts, transmog, toys etc nada.
    What would the point to raiding if nothing dropped? That's a pretty dumb.

It would be like asking *Would you still date a girl/guy if they never kissed/touched you or put out?*
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks View Post
    Title. For those of you who raid, would you still do it if didnt award any loot what-so-ever? No equipment, mounts, transmog, toys etc nada.
    mythic - yes. Under that never. Also that would mean good gear has to come from some other challenging activity (i.e. high m+ (talking 18s and up at this point in wow)
    It's kind same way how we do rated pvp now, no real gear there (at my scrub rating) it's way better to raid mythic for it, so I am basically doing it for fun. Same stuff why I raid. Also PARSES! forgot about that E-penis measure on Wlogs is huge motivation to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once, for the story and the challenge.
    Repeat kills and as an extension, farm raids would disappear.
    As a result, this wouldnt work because everyone would have to do their first raid clear at the same time meaning you miss out if you miss one single week. So this hypothetical situation would quickly fall on its ass.

I dont get much satisfaction out of DBM's; "Boss down in 5 minutes 10 seconds! This is a new record! Your former record was 5 minutes 12 seconds!"
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Yes. I play for the story.
    Just like the Ulduar achivement is saying: "I love the smell of trolling in the morning".

A good system really adds to the enjoyment of raiding for me. I don't think the current system is any good though. I don't care about drops outside of how they impact my raid performance so if they were gone I wouldn't miss them

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    What would the incentive be?

If you care about the story, you could just look up online videos of the encounters/cinematics/cutscenes and call it a day. Or run each raid once on something like LFR difficulty. There'd be no point in running anything higher than LFR difficulty, and even then, you wouldn't need to run it more than once ever just to see the story elements.

Maybe some would "enjoy the challenge" of wiping repeatedly before finally downing a boss then having nothing whatsoever to show for it, but I'd wager that most players aren't in that group.

of course not, and i don't believe anyone else truly would (for long).

the entire basis of raiding is to "raid" a specific location and plunder the riches. if there's no reward then there's no raid.

yes, but i'd only do each raid once, since there wouldn't be a reason to go back.

I would certainly do heroic, but the cutting edge of mythic raiding would be too painful with the only reward being socialization and completion.

Would you still do M+ if it didn't drop gear? It's a silly question. You do a thing, you get rewarded. That's how all games are. Even something as trivial as Mario, you play you win the princess at the end.