Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHR View Post
    It's been what, 20 years since Reign of Chaos, do you really think someone looking as in shape and healthy as Malfurion would just drop dead?
    I think the OP thinks night elf immortality is like some of those films, where the power that sustains the witch or sorceror/immortal being ends, then it's real age catches up, and you see them shrivel and become old.

    So he wonders whether this should be happening to night elves.

    The answer is no, the game shows you that this isn't the case, and the lore can be explained to back this up. The night elves are a different race that naturally have near immortallifespan due to how they are created, it is a part of their racial feature, the use of arcane magic from a source is easily able to indefinitely prolong their life span, becuase of how this race works, the arcane prolongs life anyway, and these guys are made from it, so the lore shows that with the original well used, their lives were prolonged indefinitely, so a long lifespan gets prolgoned even further.

    We see that even after the original well's destruction, the night elves in Suramar and in Eldre'thalas (Dire Maul), are easily able to live 10,000 years without Nordrassil linking, they do so by having arcane sources (one from the pylons that siphon off a massive arcane pbattery provided by the demon immol'thar) and the other in a font of power that nearly rivals the Well of Etenrity in the nightwell. Both shen'dralar and Nightborne have lived for 10,000 years, without nordrassil, indicating the near immortal natural lifespan and how easily magic prolongs it indefinitely.

    We witness that this is not the case for humans or high elves who live longer, but eventually die if they use arcane magic. We know the high elves are changed from the night elves through the exile. they lost something. Some lore sources say Cenarius and the druids dids omethign to them and any night elf who broke the ban on arcane magic, I remember it vaguely like some sort of severing (think of the wheel of time). The effects from the exile experience are described as losing the natural night elven enhancements.. which are the purple hue coloring, boosted intelligence, strength, longevity and stature. The creation of the sunwell allows an arcane enhancement again, especially towards intellect (remember because darnassian night elves don't use the arcane up until Cataclysm (and after that only mage ones), but high elves do, this is why high elf intelligence goes higher, than none arcane using darnassian), however we see the high elves post sunwell neither regain the original stature, longevity of their night elven selves, and I believe the same is for intelligence, and as explained above, the only reason high elf intelligence higher than non-mage darnassian is because arcane enhanced high elf intelligence is greater than non-arcane boosted night elf intelligence. The high elven highborne would also by brith have been specifically bred for higher intelligence, so when the devolution occurs, I would say their intlleignce though dropping, would probbalby only be a little low than a non-highborne average night elf, but noticeable lorwer than a highborne night elf, with the sunwell up, that intelligence would be boosted avbove an average non-highborne night elf,.

    So when the night elf loses the immortality from Nordrassil, or the nightborne from the juice of the nightw ell or theshen'dralar from immol'thar, they don't age rapidly, it's just like the pause on aging ends, and they age at their race's natural rate which is still very very slowly.


    But they get killed en masse anyway, they were mass slaughtered in WC3, again mass slaughtered in Cataclysm, and then genocided in the war of Thorns. The nightborne were mass slaughtered in Legion too, so despite their long life, they still have a lot people dying.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihsan997 View Post
    Wait, what? Why 60 specifically?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Wait, what? Why 60 specifically?
    They are around 20. Average European human life is a bit above 80.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

  3. #43
    Titan Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Center of the Universe
    Posts
    13,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Did Blizzard forget about it or? At the end of Reign of Chaos after they defeated Archimonde and malfurion just like «The victory came at a great cost, we lost our immortality» soooo why havent anyone died of old age yet then? Shouldnt like Illidan, Malfurion and Tyrande have died since they are more than 10K years old?
    Because they are elves?

    Did you miss the part where elves are an incredibly long lived race?

  4. #44
    Bloodsail Admiral Isilrien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    1,105
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    ...the only reason high elf intelligence higher than non-mage darnassian is because arcane enhanced high elf intelligence is greater than non-arcane boosted night elf intelligence. The high elven highborne would also by brith have been specifically bred for higher intelligence, so when the devolution occurs, I would say their intlleignce though dropping, would probbalby only be a little low than a non-highborne average night elf, but noticeable lorwer than a highborne night elf, with the sunwell up, that intelligence would be boosted avbove an average non-highborne night elf...
    Now I'm curious: the Sunwell was arcane energy, like the Well of Eternity? If so, why was it golden in color? It's golden in color now because it was regenerated or restored by the energy of Light (or so I thought).

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    Now I'm curious: the Sunwell was arcane energy, like the Well of Eternity? If so, why was it golden in color? It's golden in color now because it was regenerated or restored by the energy of Light (or so I thought).
    We are never told that, and like many things in wow, we wiat to find out why/how.

    We can only speculate on several things, the most noticeable shift from highborne night elf to high elf is going from nocturnal to diurnal. The casting off of kaldorei cultural motiffs, belifs and symbols, including worship of the moon goddess and switching to the veneration of the sun might exlain the shift.

    The religion also changes, so it ispossible the light already plays a role in the sunwell, although this is pure speculation with no lore account to draw this from save the colour used is shared with the light.

    I suspect they make it golden to match the radiance of the sun they are fascinated with. i think they relish their new distinct identity from all things night elvesn whether pre-sundering or long vigil).

  6. #46
    Bloodsail Admiral Isilrien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    1,105
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    We are never told that, and like many things in wow, we wiat to find out why/how.

    We can only speculate on several things, the most noticeable shift from highborne night elf to high elf is going from nocturnal to diurnal. The casting off of kaldorei cultural motiffs, belifs and symbols, including worship of the moon goddess and switching to the veneration of the sun might exlain the shift.

    The religion also changes, so it ispossible the light already plays a role in the sunwell, although this is pure speculation with no lore account to draw this from save the colour used is shared with the light.

    I suspect they make it golden to match the radiance of the sun they are fascinated with. i think they relish their new distinct identity from all things night elvesn whether pre-sundering or long vigil).
    Interesting, especially considering that their capital is still called Silvermoon and not Goldsun (or something similar).

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    Interesting, especially considering that their capital is still called Silvermoon and not Goldsun (or something similar).
    I thought about that too, they also chose Quel'thalas because it most resembled Kalimdor.

    But then this isn't entirely surprising, put yousrelves in their shoes, they hate the highborne culture for its excess and recklessness that brought the legion and destroyed the wonderful night elf empire they had all worked so hard to build and perfect, they hate the Kaldorei of the long vigil, becuase they exile them over something really stupid like banning arcane magic at a point in time it no longer makes sense to have a ban. Yet they're still night elves (albeit in transition), they love natural beauty and the land they had lived in and cultivated, the love the moon and stars, but they hate the cultural idnetity, in their travel they learn to appreciate the day and draw strength from it, as they feel the moon has rejected them and let them down, but it is still beautiful. however the sun is more radiant so they build their civilization around that, but choose a land that reminds them/resembles Kalimdor most (likely because this is what is most beauitful in all their travels), and they name their new capital Silvermoon.

    My conclusion is blizzard hand'st thought much of it at the time, while the night elves may have been in the works from WC2, I think Silvermoon was named long before they had any idea the y'd do the original elves as night elves or what they would look like, let alone what their story would be. And in that context it seems silly that they'd name it silvermoon if they hate all thigns night elves ,but it also makes sense, because this is a part of them, and you may hate your kin, but you don't despise everything about them. They venerate the highborne who rebelled against Azshara, but absoutely disgusted with those that went all reckless (even though they were amongst them - yes you can hate your past self for some of the idiotic things you did, and distance yourself from crazy over excessive behaviour you use to do, knowing that drinking excessively is foolish, you hate drunkenness, but doesn't mean you give up alcohol altogether, becuase it is quite enjoyable, but such is only appropriate and fitting to be done in measured quantities)

  8. #48
    Bloodsail Admiral Isilrien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    1,105
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    ...My conclusion is blizzard hand'st thought much of it at the time, while the night elves may have been in the works from WC2, I think Silvermoon was named long before they had any idea the y'd do the original elves as night elves or what they would look like, let alone what their story would be...
    I agree. (Tangent: what is your native language? I'm assuming that it's not English and if that's wrong, I apologize.)

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    I agree. (Tangent: what is your native language? I'm assuming that it's not English and if that's wrong, I apologize.)

    I'm British English, U.K English is both my native and mother tongue. However I don't always spell check properly, and I do make a lot of errors while typing because I'm furiously typing away to spend as little time on Warcraft, it's worse if I respond on tablet or phone, autocorrect errors and more.. wasted enough time on this junk - yet I'm still posting.. lol. Made the classic mistake of popping into check for any news updated, then checked responses to previous comments, and noticed the topic, and got suckered into it...grr, and I was doing so well moving on.

    what made you ask?
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2019-12-09 at 09:24 PM.

  10. #50
    Bloodsail Admiral Isilrien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    1,105
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post

    I'm British English, U.K English is both my native and mother tongue. However I don't always spell check properly, and I do make a lot of errors while typing because I'm furiously typing away to spend as little time on Warcraft, it's worse if I respond on tablet or phone, autocorrect errors and more.. wasted enough time on this junk - yet I'm still posting.. lol. Made the classic mistake of popping into check for any news updated, then checked responses to previous comments, and noticed the topic, and got suckered into it...grr, and I was doing so well moving on.

    what made you ask?
    The unusual spelling and grammar in some of your posts is what made me ask :-) Thanks for responding and for not being offended at my assumption. I'll let you move on now!

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    The unusual spelling and grammar in some of your posts is what made me ask :-) Thanks for responding and for not being offended at my assumption. I'll let you move on now!
    Getting offended is pointless unless it is something worthwhile, my ego doesn't count as worthwhile, nor does my pride.

    Saying that though, immortality of the night elves was on of their major defining characteristics, yet they've been without it for more years (real time) than they have been with it. I use to wonder a lot what would happen with it... now I know it's not even worth spending time on.

  12. #52
    Bloodsail Admiral Isilrien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    1,105
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    ...Saying that though, immortality of the night elves was on of their major defining characteristics, yet they've been without it for more years (real time) than they have been with it...
    Good point.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    They are around 20. Average European human life is a bit above 80.
    Which is completely irrelevant because we're talking about non-humans who have a lifespan of at least centuries, possibly millenia even before we get into magically prolonged life.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Without a detailed unfolding from blizzard, I normally just assume that with the likes of the Shen'dralar in charge
    They aren't in charge of anything more than their own mages.

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Don't forget they aren't isolated either from the Kirin'tor, draenei, void/high elf and human mages.
    True, but they were isolated since the sundering till the current decade and much of that time spent in isolation was NOT advancing new heights of arcane prowess but surviving and concealing their plans from each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I also believe a lot of shen'dralar "lost " knowledge is shared with the alliance mages, and the nightborne balance that out for the horde.
    I think the shendralar lost a LOT more than the nightborne... one ruined library doesn't quite compare to a whole as nation.
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    (12,000+ years of all magical knowledge
    off set this by a couple millenia of secret culling of selves to staves off restrictions in arcane source, but sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]Overall this means that at least the Darnassian mages would regain immortality with a source, as would the nightborne if they are allowed access to the sunwell,
    nightborne are peachy due to the arcandor now so yeah it would make sense for suitable fonts to facilitate the way... the issue is that the Darnassian elves don't have such and aren't about to go join with others with the support of such fonts. The issue of other elves outside Surumar/Quel'thalas affiliation or even outside Darnassian influence really muck up the works. Farodin really doesn't make much sense nor do the moonguard presence
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    As for the none magic using Darnassians, the reason I think they'd also be included is because the both the ban of arcane magic and the phobia/stigma attached to it should be gone by now after the events following WC3 through to Legion.
    Ban might be lifted in cata (allowed for Shendralar to formally rejoin), but Stigma didn't end cause it is still a part of their story up through legion. BFA has little lore for any parties outside SI:7, 7th Legion, Kul Tiras, hero leader club, and the wood elf variant darnassians (aka the face of the alliance's Night Elves since WC3)

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    The events in Legion should break all remaining stigma
    MY face when:

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    (there are huge revelations in Legion - that finally exonerate all lot of things).
    If I had a nickel for every time this happened in wow's lore... well I sure as shit would use that money to pay for the subscription few a good bit of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    , we see the Valewalker druid is not opposed the nightborne using the arcane at all
    valewalker druid isn't part of teh darnassian society and likely not one who followed the long vigil. This point is rather pointless as it's like citing a Kul Tiran perspective on Stomrwind Politics when the Kul Tiran has been ignorant of developments in the human nations.... or hell, Alleria's ideas on the horde when she's been a thousand years separated from mortal affairs and doesn't even realize that 3 hordes have officially been organized in the realm of Azeroth in her absence.

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    So knowing Darnassians don't get hooked by infusion, because of balance, and knowing their is no stigma either, I don't find it unreasonable that should a source become usable (like the Well of Eternity or Sunwell, or Nightwell), it would be a simple matter to allow the usage that prolongs their life indefinitely, I see no reason why any night elf would hate or not do.. I know both druids and priests have arcane handling in their repertoire and it's more a racial thing for them than a class thing although the druid class has it's arcane spells.
    I will continue to assert game spell schools don't equate to the same lore schools. It's a fact that if the druid spell schools were all nature a simple interupt would be the same as a 10 second silence. QoL change would have happened real quick to break that up. I think this is something that lore arcane has something else going on in the background from a learning perspective like how Druid 'nature magic' isn't the same as shaman 'nature magic' in terms of how it's practiced. Also there isn't any proof that Darnassian elves don't get hooked on magic or suffer in it's absence. We just don't see many stories concerning their magic interactions cause the lore focuses on Darnassians as 'wood elves' or the archer and amazon variety with a dash of druid here and there.

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Don't get all irritated with me though, I'm just using the information the lore provides
    and a hefty bit of headcanon, but that's expected from you at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    This is an example of stuff they haven't quite explained. So, in order to understand how the correct lore stands, I then take a step and thinking about what assumptions I have made. If the shen'dralar have been using a demon to power their city for 10,000 years (even though it starts falling to ruin 1,000 years before the dark portal), and they have no fel change... then it must be some information about the demon we don't know, or the shen'dralar or both.
    citation needed. My understanding of events is the city was issolated as a result of the war of the ancients and the sundering. There isn't much stating anything about what is happening in the city till roughly year 25 when we go in as part of classic and start poking around.
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    My brain then starts looking at the demon. Do all demons wield fel as their main source of energy? Answer is no, as I look at the void walker, demons are in so many species types and use a large range of magics.. Immol'thar it makes sense would have been specifically targeted for being able to power arcane sources. The shen'dralar weren't looking for fel magic, but arcane magic. According to the story, they summoned - i.e. looked for, targeted, found and successfully captured a demon powerful enough to meet their needs.
    This is another odd consistency thing cause some 'demons' turn out aren't demons at all but classified as demons still. Void walkers have been demons since before void beings were established as their own things and demons have gone from being demonic beings from other planes ... to fel infused aliens from other worlds and the determining factor for some is still being embellished.

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Why assume that the shen'dralar were ingesting fel?
    Because that makes more sense than your largely self thought up idea of a mana filtration thesis? The notion of different essence drawn from entities or filtering the energy througha system makes sense IRL, but such notions aren't set up or established in the lore... unless you want to continue with lost knowledge of the keldorei as your reasoning... Well you are Tsoukalos for the night elves so that would be par for the course.


    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    So the demon subtly corrupts the Prince for sure
    desire for power and maintaining his position... but sure blame the demon solely. Was trying to figure out why you went on a tangent about who is or isn't evil.

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Eldre'thalas has only been in ruin for about 1,000 years,
    Again, citation needed
    But my issue is that the region was isolated for at least 10000 years. At some point the power shut off. Swapped to demons for maintaining power. Started culling their kind to make sure they had enough demon power fuel to maintain their desired levels of normal maintenance...

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    It ends when we kill Immol'thar in classic,
    Actually it ENDS ends when the horde clears out more of the residents and the prince dies and they flee into the wilds. But yes, in classic.

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I would suspect that the outdated out doesn't properly show a pristine library hall, like you see in Suramar or Warbringers Zin'Azsahri.
    That's probably because it's not meant to be a pristine maintained area.

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    But I also don't see why you say or think that being "deep set in their specific ways sequestered way,s screwing over their own people and keeping secrets" somehow makes them less adept in the arcane arts when we are officially told that they've been devoted to magical research and knowledge obsession to a degree we aren't told the ones in Suramar have been.
    Because Surumar was advancing while Eldre'thalas was killing it's own. They can both be dedicated to their practice but one was THRIVING while the other was clearly NOT.
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    The ones in Suramar have maintained the pre-sundering civilization, with many facets of life, and a full population, these we are told are the nerds and their main focus has been research, and knowledge which is what they have longed for most.
    Again the 'nerds' aren't really getting far, are not showing much in the way or new ideas except for the botched experiment that ran them into the ground and their methods for concealing that from their own peers in the city.

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    This is why I think many people aren't guauging the Shen'dralar correctly,
    to be fair... most of us here think you gauge anything associated with the Darnassian branch of night elves incorrectly...

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    The highborne teacher in the east is a lorekeeper, and we are told all the mages, novices too are now classified as highborne. Part of the agreement in wolfheart was that the Shen'dralar picked their students, and those students would now be highborne. Also the highborne won't be forced to change their culture.
    And these new fresh bunch are barely carrying the torch that you seem to regard as the mastery of the last 10 millenia... because they have been associated with it for 5~ years...

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    We are also specifically told and shown that there were former highborne amongst the Darnassians as well as Moonguard, who did not join Darth'remar, but agreed with the druids, and kept the ban on arcane practice, many becoming druids (and I assume the balance druids - which is why the lorekeepers are casting wrath), but that these take up the mantle of highborne again when the shen'dralar return.
    Another bunch who are 10 millenia out of practice and you want to argue as paragons of the arcane on par with people who continued and advanced in those same 10 millenia... I'm going to assume magical aptitude and it's application is a perishable skill... like marksmanship or athleticism. Don't take millenia long hiatus and expect to keep your edge.


    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    The twins we meet in Azsuna are one such pair - or have you never thought how come they are there, and night elves..? They are clearly not high elves, and if they're parents are part of the court of Farondis, they are highborne, but they've been night elves - i.e. they are some of the night elf highborne that respected the ban, and picked up magic again once it was lifted.
    They aren't darnassian. Again I was saying DARNASSIAN and post vigil types aren't going to be at all in the running for arcane paragon level casters. Farondi? Also not Darnassian. The moonguard? The ones I' seeing based on the broken isles... ALSO NOT DARNASSIAN.


    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    The things I think is happening is that in Suramar you are seeing a pristine night elf civilization that continues studying magic, however you don't see it in Dire Maul, because it has been in ruins, so people assume that the nightborne are far more advanced than the shen'dralar, which is a bad assumption, when the lore gives you the framework of what the shen'dralar have been doing. The shen'dralar fall to ruin not because their magic is bad, or their knowledge is less, if you tink about it, their arcane knowledge should be more advanced than the nightborne because they've been geared more vigorously to research as a society, and have also had the benefit of monitoring the progress of the world, they didn't have as powerful an elixir as the nightwell and don't have chronomancy expertise to anywhere near the same level seeing they didn't have the Eye of Aman'thul, but seeing the Moonguard are entirely military, it makes sense they'd outfight the nightborne, even though the sheer numbesr sent agains tthem would overwhelm them. You have to remember all 3 groups are from the same society and culture - I don't think much development happened in Moonguard stronghold, but Eldre'thalas and Suramar would have had more progress.
    I think you are attributing all of the pristine night elf societies facets to the modern night elf nation based out of Teldrassil despite teh fact that that nation banned or heavily restricted much of the facets of life you aspire to night elves everywhere. You then take examples of night elf organizations not associated with Darnassus in anyform as use them as examples. Farondis, the Moonguard, Shaldorei, the watchers of the Arcan'dor... none of these groups have any idea of inclination of the goings on of Teldrassil in the recent years and have no association with them at all. How they exist or have existed is not indicative of how DARNASSUS and the Alliance Night Elves have lived or existed. Eldre'thalas is a fallen city and the survivors who made it into Darnassian society do not impart the same credit that the nightborne have by virtue of them being 'highborne'

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    We see Suramar, and although the city hasn't changed, the nightborne have advanced.. however we know progress is much much slower in that timeless bubble than it was during the empire days Azshara was driving them. The shen'dralar we don't see the height of their work because their city has fallen to ruin over a 1,000 years before we meet it, but they still have a population still studying magica and unlocking secrets, collecting knowledge as the primary currency - even obscure tales of death knights -because they love to know everything.. this tells you about them.
    I agree with the bold... becuase I think it fully fell more than a thousand years before we get in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    This is why I am not entirely led by what I see, you only gain the complete picture by combining what you see with what you're told,
    This is a very true statement but you can't call your idea of the 'complete' picture correct when it largely seems it is heavily based on information that is your assumptions or bias

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    the implications of Suramar's return we se various reactions, from different night elves, we see Valewalker farodin, Tyrande, Lothrius Mooncaller, various refugese all react to the return of Suramar, we see how varous nightborne feel too about their ngiht elf heritage, from Thaderis Feathersong (forgotten his name, and i'm not going to look it up) seeking the tomb of his dead wife in Tel anor, and though nightborne she is ofc night elf etc), we can only guess, we even have to guess the union of the Farondis and the Darnassians, they would cross paths during legion, but we aren't really shown. The farondis represent the night elves in Azsuna, but they are not the darnassians, and no reaction is given. They react to the nightborne though, asking you to stop the nightborne in the east who are working with the legion or doing wrong against the blue flight.
    The implications of a lost branch of night elf society and how it took different turns and development than the society we had available interacting with the world is a very interesting topic... but that doesn't retroactively impart anything concerning the "lost" society onto the society that had been present.

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    WE still see night elf mages fully engaged with both the night elves in the Wot , darkshore and with the alliance and kirin'tor from WoD, the assaults in BFA and the kirin'tor tabards in Legion. This says something..
    IT says there is a presence and it exists. This isn't saying HERE ARE THE ANCIENT PARAGON MAGISTERS OF OLD COME ANEW AMONG THE CHILDREN OF TEH STARS!!!! trying to posture that darnassian elves have in them the power to stand above the ranks of beings that have been engaging and advancing their understanding of arcane and arcane applications for tens of thousands of years when the darnassian ranks are all either fresh students within the past 5 years, ancient practitioners that haven't participated since the sundering (roughly 8k-10k year hiatus), or a specific school ofthought that's spent the better part of the last couple millenia (or longer... my bet is longer) dealing with the fallout from their biggest failed experiment since the war of the ancients.

    There are humans who are more adept at magic in the remedial classes who've spent more time learning the ancient secrets of keldorei magics (cause that's what effectively founded the kirin tor)
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    we don't see any more highborne/night elf hate within their ranks..
    We also don't see much about the assassination attempts directed at shendralar forces either... there's a laundry list of little details from non-human groups that seem to have details missing or mysteriously turn out going in a different direction these days.


    Man it's always a chore going through your posts. I feel like I need someone to proof read and make sure I'm not repeating myself too much... Like citation needed on 1000 year mark in Eldre'thalas. You seem to attribute all night elf issues to a night elf hive group that doesn't exist or get portrayed in any fashion. Non-darnassian groups do not immediately get non-darnassian elves simply because they resemble them post sundering/vigil/etc. Outside the Valsharah druids, the other organizations have no explicit connections outside dealings with the player character. Posturing for moral standing at one point in the timeline doesn't really amount to much at a later point. Overly complicated thesis on metaphysical research with no in lore basis is also not a good point to stand on. Talk about looking at the complete picture all you want, but please for the sake of people's sanity... don't push your head canon and fan fiction as lore. I'm almost 100% certain some of the details discussed in here will pull one of your threads up as a top search via google and will be the only sources one could site if the information isn't present in an established wiki already.

    Also, while I liked that reference to shendralar being nerds... they're the nerds like the scientists in a sci-fi horror flick where the team suffers the plot and their 'project' ran amuck. Nevermind that Surumar has multiple groups serving similar purpose while Ellisande pulls an edison fucking them over.

  15. #55
    They only just started aging proper after that, so they'll die of old age eventually, but WoW's only taken place over like 15 years.

    I know right? 10,000 years of nothing eventful, all of a sudden, BOOM. Maybe we're the problem.

    Between this and the events of BFA I am all for night elves becoming canonically the horniest members of the Alliance. "I'm mortal, baby, time's a wastin'!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    They only just started aging proper after that, so they'll die of old age eventually, but WoW's only taken place over like 15 years.

    I know right? 10,000 years of nothing eventful, all of a sudden, BOOM. Maybe we're the problem.
    This kind of makes me wonder about the timeline. From what I understand, every expac represents a year except for Cata which represented two. Like...how does this much stuff happen in such a short amount of time? The in-game passage of time is less than 9 years, yet even the passage of actual time since vanilla - 15 years - seems too short a period for all the events to have occurred on a single planet. Sometimes I feel like it would make more sense if the timeline just equaled year 22 after the Dark Portal + whatever the real passage of time is.

  17. #57
    In ''Wolfheart'' mentioned elves who had died of old age, so yes, this is a plot hole, why Malfurion and Tyrande, perhaps the oldest elves now, look so young for their ages

  18. #58
    Herald of the Titans Maljinwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    2,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Between this and the events of BFA I am all for night elves becoming canonically the horniest members of the Alliance. "I'm mortal, baby, time's a wastin'!"
    They'll probably get together with Worgen to birth the ultimate homeless race
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

  19. #59
    Since Teldrassil was blessed without Nozdormu this time, and that it burned down anyways. Not to mention the drained waters from Nordrassil in Legion. It is save to say Nelfs are just mortal now like everyone else. And it was about damm time. They need to accept they are normal. As should their fans.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    They'll probably get together with Worgen to birth the ultimate homeless race
    Throw some gnomes in there for spice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •