best tank in 8.3

hey guys ,

i want to go back to tanking in 8.3 ( mythic + and mythic raiding)

not sure between monk, warrior and dk..

with the monk nerf not sure what to play now.I like warrior but i heard that they gonna suck due to magical damage in the new raid.

what do you guys think?

dk seems to be rly good in 8.3 for raids, according to preach atleast

Quote Originally Posted by shadowd View Post
    hey guys ,

i want to go back to tanking in 8.3 ( mythic + and mythic raiding)

not sure between monk, warrior and dk..

with the monk nerf not sure what to play now.I like warrior but i heard that they gonna suck due to magical damage in the new raid.

what do you guys think?
    We think we can't pick a class for you.
    Since you don't play on a high level, it doesn't matter at all - pick any you like.

I never understood why people ask what is best. That is gauged, generally, based on spreadsheets and the TOP TOP tier players. The people that ask don't play at that level so the potential of ever getting that character to that playability is about 0%.

Unless you are in a top 10 world guild, play what's fun for you or whatever your guild wants.

Guardian gotten better in 8.2, but its still not as good as it was in Legion. But we were also the best tank in legion for all of the expansion IIRC.

...And yes, playstyle is still very boring if you care about that.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

No tank will ever catch up to monks for the average player.

How stupid 85% PASSIVE avoidance can be, was last week the MEME on twitch. Brewmaster tank DCed in a 23+ key and the group cant wipe, because the stupid passive tank took forver to die. Its hillarious because its so stupid.

If you dont want to improve yourself and would like to play a failsafe tank, brewmaster it is.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    DK appears to be very strong in Nyalotha. I imagine mythic+ will continue to be Warriors and Monks.

Mods sleeping as usual? Lock this shit up.

It looks like Prot Warrior and Brewmaster are going to be top tier for M+ again. Warriors are dogshit broken in M+ right now, and if it seriously continues into 8.3 I may seriously need to main my warrior again lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    No tank will ever catch up to monks for the average player.

How stupid 85% PASSIVE avoidance can be, was last week the MEME on twitch. Brewmaster tank DCed in a 23+ key and the group cant wipe, because the stupid passive tank took forver to die. Its hillarious because its so stupid.

If you dont want to improve yourself and would like to play a failsafe tank, brewmaster it is.
    I read this with a grain of salt. Are you refering to Stagger, or their mastery? While Stagger is, and has been extremely powerful since it's inception, in it's current form a DC Brewmaster should melt after roughly 7-8 seconds when both their Stagger runs out (Compare to MoP days of being able to get 2 minutes of 100% uptime on 100% stagger coverage with the ability to cleanse it whenever they needed to 4 times in a row), and without cleansing their stagger (Note that reducing more then 75% of their stagger is resource intensive and can result in Stagger failing to be kept up 100% uptime, at which point they get hit like a truck) means that Monks should drop very, VERY quickly when DCd, especially compared to I.E. Warrior, where getting gargantuan amounts of block is NOT currently unrealistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "Help Me Choose" type threads don't tend to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Check online resources and/or the class-specific subforums if you have further questions. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead