best tank in 8.3

hey guys ,

i want to go back to tanking in 8.3 ( mythic + and mythic raiding)

not sure between monk, warrior and dk..

with the monk nerf not sure what to play now.I like warrior but i heard that they gonna suck due to magical damage in the new raid.

what do you guys think?

dk seems to be rly good in 8.3 for raids, according to preach atleast

Every tank can clear everything in the game just play what you find fun.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowd View Post
    hey guys ,

i want to go back to tanking in 8.3 ( mythic + and mythic raiding)

not sure between monk, warrior and dk..

with the monk nerf not sure what to play now.I like warrior but i heard that they gonna suck due to magical damage in the new raid.

what do you guys think?
    We think we can't pick a class for you.
    Since you don't play on a high level, it doesn't matter at all - pick any you like.

I never understood why people ask what is best. That is gauged, generally, based on spreadsheets and the TOP TOP tier players. The people that ask don't play at that level so the potential of ever getting that character to that playability is about 0%.

Unless you are in a top 10 world guild, play what's fun for you or whatever your guild wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    I never understood why people ask what is best. That is gauged, generally, based on spreadsheets and the TOP TOP tier players. The people that ask don't play at that level so the potential of ever getting that character to that playability is about 0%.

Unless you are in a top 10 world guild, play what's fun for you or whatever your guild wants.
    Particularly with mythic+, this just isn't true. Tanks tend to vary widely in utility and strength. Picking the right one means you're going to be a lot more successful than if you pick a bad one, on any level of difficulty.

Sometimes picking the tank with solid utility is actually more impactful on a +5 mythic+ than it is on a +15, because the players you're playing with are just worse, and it's nice to play a character that's more self reliant. Good example of this was necrotic in Legion - if you played a tank that could kite on its own, the affix was no problem, but some tanks needed help from other players. Most groups adjusted to this by just taking the tanks that could handle it solo, so your choice of class basically determined your destiny.
    Last edited by Scrod; 2019-12-08 at 07:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

Guardian gotten better in 8.2, but its still not as good as it was in Legion. But we were also the best tank in legion for all of the expansion IIRC.

...And yes, playstyle is still very boring if you care about that.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

No tank will ever catch up to monks for the average player.

How stupid 85% PASSIVE avoidance can be, was last week the MEME on twitch. Brewmaster tank DCed in a 23+ key and the group cant wipe, because the stupid passive tank took forver to die. Its hillarious because its so stupid.

If you dont want to improve yourself and would like to play a failsafe tank, brewmaster it is.
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

DK appears to be very strong in Nyalotha. I imagine mythic+ will continue to be Warriors and Monks.

Mods sleeping as usual? Lock this shit up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I have never once in my life trolled or tried to troll anyone.

It looks like Prot Warrior and Brewmaster are going to be top tier for M+ again. Warriors are dogshit broken in M+ right now, and if it seriously continues into 8.3 I may seriously need to main my warrior again lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    No tank will ever catch up to monks for the average player.

How stupid 85% PASSIVE avoidance can be, was last week the MEME on twitch. Brewmaster tank DCed in a 23+ key and the group cant wipe, because the stupid passive tank took forver to die. Its hillarious because its so stupid.

If you dont want to improve yourself and would like to play a failsafe tank, brewmaster it is.
    I read this with a grain of salt. Are you refering to Stagger, or their mastery? While Stagger is, and has been extremely powerful since it's inception, in it's current form a DC Brewmaster should melt after roughly 7-8 seconds when both their Stagger runs out (Compare to MoP days of being able to get 2 minutes of 100% uptime on 100% stagger coverage with the ability to cleanse it whenever they needed to 4 times in a row), and without cleansing their stagger (Note that reducing more then 75% of their stagger is resource intensive and can result in Stagger failing to be kept up 100% uptime, at which point they get hit like a truck) means that Monks should drop very, VERY quickly when DCd, especially compared to I.E. Warrior, where getting gargantuan amounts of block is NOT currently unrealistic.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

"Help Me Choose" type threads don't tend to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Check online resources and/or the class-specific subforums if you have further questions. Closing this.
    "I remember what I told you, but I can't remember why. The moon is turning red and bleeding through the sky. Absolution, redemption, salvation at the end - when justice is served don't expect me to attend." - Trust Obey, "Raymond Chandler Evening"