Poll: Best Story Arc in BFA

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Out of these probably Talanji, though I would say the whole Zandalari story as a whole. Her character has been rather consistent and had a solid arc of knowing how much the Zandalari were in danger and then wanting to head out to search for the Horde. She also played the most active role where we actually see her engage in both politics and battles. Jaina in comparion doesn't even appear in Kul'Tiras at all after the introduction, it takes you to do all 3 zones to get her quest chain and then at the end finally save her. This makes the 3 Kul'Tiran zones feel more disjoined and less problematic storywise than the zones were for the Zandalari. Also they made Jaina way to powerful while Talanji is at least ''balanced'', its easier to relate to such a character.

Other than that I don't really like all the other stories. The faction war stuff is some of the worst they have done yet.

Jaina and Talanji were really the only saving graces of the this expansion.

Given that the story was leading to the Shadowlands, the story would of been way stronger if the main focus was on Bwomsandi and Gorak Tul

contrary to the nonsense we hear in the forums the story was pretty solid for WoW's standard, emphasis on the WoW part, no point comparing mmo storylines to single player games (let alone movies, or books) who exists solely for the purpose of saying a story

I for once prefer the BfA storylines over most of the legion ones (let alone older expansions...), my best in order:

1)Jaina had some serious character development as she finally has to face her demons and stop running away from her past

2)The Zandalari royal family story and how they fall into Bwonsamdi's trap, forever indebted to the Loa of Death in order to save their kingdom

3)the actual war campaing: we've never seen so much bloodshed between hord and alliance since WC2, capitals burned and plagued, faction leaders slain, innocents put to the torch, though i'd personally add a couple of more major character deaths

4)Azhara and N'zoth: much awaited appearances, finally being revealed

5)the forsaken... Lilian, the tidesage and his family, the nature of undeath etc... things turn pretty dark without even a little bit of edge, pretty mature imo

what i didn't like:

1)Voldunai and the Faithless... tbh i'm even sure what's the story here and why should i care? the snakes killed their snake god, cool concept but how does that affect us?

2)Ghuun and the blood trolls: Nazmir has some cool aesthetics but this story seems like a break between the actually important ones, more like a zandalari internal issue than something for the major factions

3)anything goblin/gnome related... too much comedy for my taste

Quote Originally Posted by Lupinemancer View Post
    The Horde staring ANOTHER war, only to be completely crushed. That's always funny.

Other then that, Jaina arc.
    The allince starter both wars but okay...
    An'u belore delen'na

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Given that the story was leading to the Shadowlands, the story would of been way stronger if the main focus was on Bwomsamdi and Gorak Tul
    I'd be afraid it would've ended up with Bwonsamdi getting killed somehow though
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Sylvanas, she killed that Saurfang bitch. The most satisfying thing that came out of BFA. Talanji was and is shitty and shares characteristic with Jaina, both are impotent.
    someone sounds angry
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

7+ Year Old Account
    Talanji was the best

But Rastakhan dying was awful
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I really want to choose Talanji... Jaina hits straight home to my heart.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I'd be afraid it would've ended up with Bwonsamdi getting killed somehow though
    Not before we be seein' De Otha' Side!

Perhaps Bwonsamdi's Necropolis could have become an entry way into his domain, then into the Shadowlands had they taken that route. It could be interesting to see where the entrance to the dungeon will be in Shadowlands either way. They may as well put it in Nazmir.

Fingers crossed he'll stick around, he's been a favorite Troll character of mine since he finished of Zalazane back in Cata's prepatch >:>] (<Attempted Troll Emoji w/nose)
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

7+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as everything about BfA's story is shit it's hard to pick a "best" but i guess ill say Talanji.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Not before we be seein' De Otha' Side!

Perhaps Bwonsamdi's Necropolis could have become an entry way into his domain, then into the Shadowlands had they taken that route. It could be interesting to see where the entrance to the dungeon will be in Shadowlands either way. They may as well put it in Nazmir.

Fingers crossed he'll stick around, he's been a favorite Troll character of mine since he finished of Zalazane back in Cata's prepatch >:>] (<Attempted Troll Emoji w/nose)
    I think they said that the entrance to the Other Side is in Ardenweald, which doesn't really make sense to me. But then again Bwonsamdi is pretty chill, and he'd probably like the calming atmosphere.

We might be seeing Zalazane there too O((w))O (here's a Troll owo emote lol)
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I think they said that the entrance to the Other Side is in Ardenweald, which doesn't really make sense to me. But then again Bwonsamdi is pretty chill, and he'd probably like the calming atmosphere.

We might be seeing Zalazane there too O((w))O (here's a Troll owo emote lol)
    (THEM TUSKS! )

Perhaps they ought to have saved the BfA Vol'jin/Zalazane stuff for 8.3 and Shadowlands, because if I recall correctly/reading again here, I/We used the Glaive of Vol'jin to actually destroy his spirit this time on the Echo Isles.
    My mon Zoldanda did good by his fallen Chieftain.
    Whether or not that means he's actually gone-gone I suppose could be in the air, but there was emphasis on that being his 2nd final destruction.

I love me some Troll lore, I think it's rad that Bwonsamdi gets to be the Troll Dungeon connection of 9.0 considering it felt missing from BfA already.

Hoping the Blood Moon environment from your signature returns in his domain ^^ That does make the connection to Ardenweald logical, having the Moon be an integral part of the Night Elf/Emerald Dream culture as well.
    \ _ _ /
    .\o o/
    ..vVv
    Spirits be witchya ..
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Jaina's arc started promising but was really undermined by her being best friends with the Horde again after 7.2 with little to no build-up or reasoning beyond Thrall being back. It was super weird as Horde to quest alongside her while she was still the endboss of the current raid. The entire Daughter of the Sea persona was just deleted after BDA.

The rest was a pile of nonsense. I like the idea behind Saurfang's arc and loves me some cinematics but it was poorly executed overall. The Night Elves got one cutscene were they were cool and were beyond shafted otherwise. Sylvanas was turned into an absolutely boring Anime villain. N'zoth's story has yet to end but I doubt it'll be quite memorable.

So Talanji wins by default of having a somewhat functional story and arc alongside her dad, unlike literally anyone else. In general the Zandalari were by far the best part of the expansion anyway.

Jaina's arc was heartwarming and very nice. Not because of Jaina herself, but more because of her mother.

Tyrande and Malfurion could have been amazing, but the Warfront failure of Darkshore being their "Revenge" completely ruined it.

Gazlowe, though not an actual arc, was also surprisingly awesome. He's such a good-guy-goblin and likeable.

Imo the whole expansion is an insult to human intelligence. I guess Azshara is doing something next patch? I'd probably vote for that. Otherwise Baine, though I only remember him doing one thing. Then again, the game's story has never been that great.
    Last edited by Ludvig; 2019-12-09 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I voted Talanji because I liked the coronation questline. Jaina was just crying the whole time like she always does while she flips and flops back and forth. Talanji fought for her position and gained the support of gods and her people. Jaina just cried until her mom gave her her binky that ends up saving the day with deus ex machina powers. Saurfang just felt bad about his 5th genocide that he started and planned. Sylvanas was "muhahahha I may have lost this but it was all according to plan". Baine is well Baine nuff said. Anduin is incompetent yet still wins the narrative because he isnt a toxic Male. Tyrande goes super saiyan yet still loses to a regular undead human archer. I dont even know what the nzoth storyline is so cant speak to that.
    This pretty much summarizes what I felt with the current storylines. Talanji with the minor arc of Rastakhan were the only potable things of this expansion while the others are just pushing plotlines to rush to SL
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

I love how at the bottom it's just...

baine.

He wasn't bad at all, I think relative to his previous writing he did great this expansion, but he was definitely ultimately a B-plot to the Sadorc Saga, which got four flipping cinematics, each of which, independently, would've been the best cinematic ever produced by Blizzard, how could I not pick that?

Jaina gets a solid 2nd place only because I think her story arc, which is one of the best of the game, requires taking into account everything all the way from WC3 to now.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-12-09 at 03:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    Jesus it would be better if we had a pool for the worse one, all of those are awful and terrible

guess i vote for n'zoth because its the lest obnoxious imo

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    someone sounds angry
    And edgy and salty and pepperoni.