Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Over 9000! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    You still have so much more for me to do once I've unlocked flying, allied races, etc like making alts, collecting mounts/pets/transmogs and so much else
    Then do that after you hit whatever content wall you've set for a character. I say that you set because things do not stop just because you no longer have an emissary. You can technically grind out rep with every world quest in the game due to the contract system. World Quests change out a couple of times per day. Plus as you say you have alts, allied races, mounts, pets, transmogs and "so much else".

    So do that "so much else" and be the adult that you claim you are not allowed to be because of Blizzard.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    I never had to do any time gated grinds at all for new races.
    No but you did for classes. Death Knights and Demon Hunters had time-gated grinds for "new players". Most already met the requirements because of existing characters on the servers. If indeed there is so much more to do in the game then you should have no issue with time gated walls.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Probably because he went all 5yo on the official forum and got a timeout.

    - - - Updated - - -



    No different than any other time hating that has been present since day one though.
    Uhh what? I can definitely still post on the official forums, I'm not sure what you're talking about. I just chose to post here instead. My bad, next time I want to discuss World of Warcraft I won't come to the WoW section of MMO Champion I guess lol.
    Last edited by Flower Milk; 2019-12-09 at 03:03 AM.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Ironically, the same people who criticize time gating also simultaneously refer to attunements as a great alternative. Because doing the same content over 5 weeks before you can access content is somehow different than collecting an item from a raid that takes 5 weeks for the whole raid to collect. It's... mind boggling sometimes.
    There is also an over lap from people crying about time gates and those wanting VP back with caps. If that came back it will obviously be followed with crying of time gating.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Why do they do this?
    You made the classic mistake that the game is made for you only. It is not. Not everyone is sensible. Look at alcoholism. There is no law to limit how much you can consume.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    I level a character to max and it's a fun time, and when I hit max level I'm met with some world quest chores to meet my goals of unlocking flying, allied races, better gear, etc. Cool. But then I start doing those chores, and the game is like "that's all the progress/WoW you can play for today, come back tomorrow". Why doesn't Blizzard trust me to play their game more? Why do they put these weird parental control time gated progress walls everywhere? I feel like I'm playing a mobile phone game and I'm about to be asked to pay real money to bypass these time gated progress walls.

    I'm a grown adult Blizzard, I can play your game for as long as I feel like it/have the time and still attend to my IRL responsibilities, you don't need to restrict my play time like this by putting everything behind a time gate. I'm not going to stop playing your game either because I've met my goals faster than you've intended me to, that's crazy. You still have so much more for me to do once I've unlocked flying, allied races, etc like making alts, collecting mounts/pets/transmogs and so much else, you do not need to heavily time gate everything like this to try to keep me playing for longer. All it does is just burn me out on the game and make me NOT want to play the game at all anymore because I'm so sick and frustrated with all these time gates everywhere.

    Why do they do this?
    Players have to be protected from themselves. They think they are "forced" to play unhealthy amounts of time.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    I level a character to max and it's a fun time, and when I hit max level I'm met with some world quest chores to meet my goals of unlocking flying, allied races, better gear, etc. Cool. But then I start doing those chores, and the game is like "that's all the progress/WoW you can play for today, come back tomorrow". Why doesn't Blizzard trust me to play their game more? Why do they put these weird parental control time gated progress walls everywhere? I feel like I'm playing a mobile phone game and I'm about to be asked to pay real money to bypass these time gated progress walls.

    I'm a grown adult Blizzard, I can play your game for as long as I feel like it/have the time and still attend to my IRL responsibilities, you don't need to restrict my play time like this by putting everything behind a time gate. I'm not going to stop playing your game either because I've met my goals faster than you've intended me to, that's crazy. You still have so much more for me to do once I've unlocked flying, allied races, etc like making alts, collecting mounts/pets/transmogs and so much else, you do not need to heavily time gate everything like this to try to keep me playing for longer. All it does is just burn me out on the game and make me NOT want to play the game at all anymore because I'm so sick and frustrated with all these time gates everywhere.

    Why do they do this?
    When you ask, why blizzard doesn't trust you to play their game? What exactly are you talking about? Are you banned from the game and unable to play anymore?

    IF they didn't trust you, you'd be banned and prohibited from playing the game. The simple fact that you are still playing, shows that they in FACT trust you to play. :P

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Players have to be protected from themselves. They think they are "forced" to play unhealthy amounts of time.
    *In recent news..wow gamer dies from not eating/not going to the hospital because they gamed while they were very sick...then blizz gets a bad rep cause of what happened to the gamer* Heaven forbid people blame their poor health on a game due to playing said game *too much*. :P
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

  7. #47
    The game allows you to play casually (log in, get bigger reward than average, log out) or hardcory (play m+ and so on).
    Your playstyle isn't really supported.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

  8. #48
    The solution is to do a variety of content. You get more azerite power and essences that way as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    The game allows you to play casually (log in, get bigger reward than average, log out) or hardcory (play m+ and so on).
    Your playstyle isn't really supported.
    Bigger rewards than average =?

    - - - Updated - - -

    I think the OP needs gamer friends or get RL friends to game with him. Maybe meet a gamer girl/boy and game together. That's how many spend their game time, with friends/guildmates or a partner.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    I'm a grown adult Blizzard
    Nice Lonely Island reference there. Did you also throw it on the ground?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Why do they do this?
    They want to protect you from burning out and unsubbing after the first month, basically a lesson learned over the past 15 years of releases.
    In addition, they want to artificially extend the time they keep you subbed. The normal customer curve after new expac always spikes and then starts to drop off after the first month - there's lot of money to be made, if you can get all those people to sub one extra month.

    Everything is good with moderation, even WoW. So play something else during the downtime, eh? Variety is good.

  11. #51
    The irony of this is what I've been waiting for.

    Every other expansion everyone bitches and moans about either A) having limits on what they can do. "Why cant I do all the dailies I want to do? Why cant I grind rep as long as I want? Why cant I get rewards more than once a day?"" or B) "omg blizzard I have to play so much to keep up, the grind is endless and I hate it"

    Every time.

    You better fuckin believe by the end of Shadowlands or by the following expansion, everyone is gonna be bitching like OP is bitching.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by sirmalta View Post
    The irony of this is what I've been waiting for.

    Every other expansion everyone bitches and moans about either A) having limits on what they can do. "Why cant I do all the dailies I want to do? Why cant I grind rep as long as I want? Why cant I get rewards more than once a day?"" or B) "omg blizzard I have to play so much to keep up, the grind is endless and I hate it"

    Every time.

    You better fuckin believe by the end of Shadowlands or by the following expansion, everyone is gonna be bitching like OP is bitching.
    haha not this gamer. I find it more constructive to play a different game or find something to do outside of game when i get to that point. Instead of coming on here and crying about it, my time and energy could be used in positive ways.

    I find it entertaining that grown players QQ about situations like this. Go out and find a gf/bf or find a new one!
    next thing you know blizz will ask *Don't you all have social lives?*
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Uh what is the secret, because It's been WAYYY more than 2 weeks and I don't have all reps exalted.
    Do every single wq every day, fully max out zones, do emissaries and assaults.

    Crazy right.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Bigger rewards than average =?

    - - - Updated - - -

    I think the OP needs gamer friends or get RL friends to game with him. Maybe meet a gamer girl/boy and game together. That's how many spend their game time, with friends/guildmates or a partner.
    Yeah, that wasn't the best description

    I meant "casual gameplay is tuned around the idea that you only play a little each day. So "casual rewards" are tuned to make those people feel like they can keep up and don't miss a lot.
    If you want to play more than your emissaries, your daily bg and your warfront (and so on), you can't just keep grinding casual content. You have to....find friends and do actual content.
    (So basically what you said :P)
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

  15. #55
    The Lightbringer Lazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Your Moms House
    Posts
    3,424
    Weekly limits were 9000x better than dailies. And stop cuckolding WoW you disgusting fanboys its a legitimate complaint.
    LOL

    ♫Toss a coin to your witcher♫

    I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I think we may be waiting a long time for that to happen. Maybe even forever.

  16. #56
    Unsurprising to see the BDF out in full force this thread.

    "Everything is the player's fault, nothing is wrong with any of Blizzard's design decisions..."

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    There is also an over lap from people crying about time gates and those wanting VP back with caps. If that came back it will obviously be followed with crying of time gating.
    We'll see how the reaction goes in Shadowlands if they go through with that cap on Anima for each week. I bet it will be just as you described
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

    Wrath of The Bolvar too big for this forum. 10.0 confirmed?

  18. #58
    OP, the question you should be asking is "Why doesn't Blizzard trust me to stay subbed once they remove time-gating?" The answer to that question is most would not, therefore their logic to have time-gating!

  19. #59
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    31,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    I level a character to max and it's a fun time, and when I hit max level I'm met with some world quest chores to meet my goals of unlocking flying, allied races, better gear, etc. Cool. But then I start doing those chores, and the game is like "that's all the progress/WoW you can play for today, come back tomorrow". Why doesn't Blizzard trust me to play their game more? Why do they put these weird parental control time gated progress walls everywhere? I feel like I'm playing a mobile phone game and I'm about to be asked to pay real money to bypass these time gated progress walls.

    I'm a grown adult Blizzard, I can play your game for as long as I feel like it/have the time and still attend to my IRL responsibilities, you don't need to restrict my play time like this by putting everything behind a time gate. I'm not going to stop playing your game either because I've met my goals faster than you've intended me to, that's crazy. You still have so much more for me to do once I've unlocked flying, allied races, etc like making alts, collecting mounts/pets/transmogs and so much else, you do not need to heavily time gate everything like this to try to keep me playing for longer. All it does is just burn me out on the game and make me NOT want to play the game at all anymore because I'm so sick and frustrated with all these time gates everywhere.

    Why do they do this?
    Nothing about trust.

    They do it to keep the locust at bay and to keep people subscribed longer, it's a business after all.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Yeah, that wasn't the best description

    I meant "casual gameplay is tuned around the idea that you only play a little each day. So "casual rewards" are tuned to make those people feel like they can keep up and don't miss a lot.
    If you want to play more than your emissaries, your daily bg and your warfront (and so on), you can't just keep grinding casual content. You have to....find friends and do actual content.
    (So basically what you said :P)
    True. You can't get ahead if you play a little each day. Some players have families, social lives..etc Grinding stuff mindlessly gets boring as f@@k. I've been there, i took weeks/days off a time cause i felt like it was boring. I haven't had my wow account for about 2 months. I started playing FF 14 for a change. I still read up on the wow news from time to time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    OP, the question you should be asking is "Why doesn't Blizzard trust me to stay subbed once they remove time-gating?" The answer to that question is most would not, therefore their logic to have time-gating!
    Yep..time gating prolongs game time, thus keeping you subbed longer. If gates were removed, players would get bored and sub to other games i'm sure. It's like once a raid comes out and all wings available, hardcore raiders/guilds flash through content..get their achs..loot..etc then stop playing awhile due to rushing through end game so fast.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •