Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Try finding a group to do the World PvP quest in Nazjatar...without flying.

    I 100% guarantee you will feel like shit and/or will be kicked from the group.
    You and your nonsense. Out of all the things you definitely don't need flying for ... takes like 5 minutes or less on a normal night to go right outside your town and get the kills for CTA. Maybe you're getting kicked because you're saying really dumb things and it doesn't have anything to do with flying. Plus, if you were able to follow the logical train of thought, the discussion was about unlocking allied races, and the Nazjatar CTA has literally nothing to do with that anyway.

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Not once have I said they are wrong for feeling the way they do. I can't choose to only play for 15 mins at 6 am on a Monday then blame Blizzard that I can't get everything done or find groups. They are setting their own limits and requirements beyond that of Blizzard then choosing not to do all of the other content in the game that they say they want to do because they haven't met their self imposed requirements.

    Not every single major WoW content is timegated. Heroic and Normal raiding are not time gated. If you want to keep insulting people for mental gymnastics you should stop using hyperbole. Or just stick to the actual facts. Hell flying technically isn't time gated as it is rep based. I can guarentee though that the OP is not doing every world quest they can possibly do each day so time gated vs "Grinding it out" doesn't even apply.

    But you'll overlook those facts to claim mental gymnastics.
    But how can you talk "facts" when you say stuff like "flying is technically not timegated"?
    I see this "facts" and ofcourse i claim mental gymnastics (-_-)
    Do i need to explain why flying is timegated? Because reputations are insanely timegated.

    Im a PvP'er so i also feel frustrated about timegates because there are no PvP vendors nor a currency to buy PvP items.

    You dont need to say "well, thats YOUR problem" about my opinion...because is a valid opinion. Dont need to degrade it by saying "there is no problem at all, its your fault".

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Because people like you will sit at their pc spending days straight grinding till you pass out, getting all the content done in 3 days then rage that there isnt more.
    I love this lazy fucking strawman that you guys always trot out despite people constantly claiming they'd rather do the content fast but of their own accord and are totally fine with then being stuck with nothing to do, because they can then do things like heroics or alts or anything else.

    Its so entertaining that the people who constantly defend Blizzard's time gates do nothing but use fallacies. They strawman someone's argument and then claim that because other kinds of gates existed in the past, the truly horrible time gates of right now are acceptable. As if all gated content is exactly the same and there's no nuance to the argument at all.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    But how can you talk "facts" when you say stuff like "flying is technically not timegated"?
    Because technically it is not. If you could gain the reputation in one day you could earn flying in one day.

    You dont need to say "well, thats YOUR problem" about my opinion...because is a valid opinion. Dont need to degrade it by saying "there is no problem at all, its your fault".
    Valid opinions can still be problems. If you are imposing extra requirements on your play style then yes it is your problem. Because you are putting restrictions on how you will play and then complaining that you can't play according to your restrictions. Stop trying to shirk responsibility. If you set the rules for how you like to play then you need to accept responsibility for your rules hampering your play style.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  5. #145
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    20,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    I love this lazy fucking strawman that you guys always trot out despite people constantly claiming they'd rather do the content fast but of their own accord and are totally fine with then being stuck with nothing to do, because they can then do things like heroics or alts or anything else.

    Its so entertaining that the people who constantly defend Blizzard's time gates do nothing but use fallacies. They strawman someone's argument and then claim that because other kinds of gates existed in the past, the truly horrible time gates of right now are acceptable. As if all gated content is exactly the same and there's no nuance to the argument at all.
    except its not a straw man... its literally what tons of people do, you can see streamers, top 1% players, and hardcore do this, this is not a made up thing, this is something A LOT of people do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except its not a straw man... its literally what tons of people do, you can see streamers, top 1% players, and hardcore do this, this is not a made up thing, this is something A LOT of people do.
    When a player stays subscribed only because of a timegate...you really have a nice game there. /sarcasm

    Timegates are not a child-protection device for people to not burnout. They are just a cheap tactic for lack of quality design.

    The speech a Diablo dev gave is inspiring, "you should never worry in giving players everything they want. Better fix the problems with game design of players having everything than players having to deal with stingy reward systems"

  7. #147
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    20,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    When a player stays subscribed only because of a timegate...you really have a nice game there. /sarcasm

    Timegates are not a child-protection device for people to not burnout. They are just a cheap tactic for lack of quality design.

    The speech a Diablo dev gave is inspiring, "you should never worry in giving players everything they want. Better fix the problems with game design of players having everything than players having to deal with stingy reward systems"
    So shall we remove raids being weekly? as that is the earliest timegating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So shall we remove raids being weekly? as that is the earliest timegating.
    No, imo, but PvP vendors? Reputations that lead to flying and allied races and essenses?

  9. #149
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    20,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    No, imo, but PvP vendors? Reputations that lead to flying and allied races and essenses?
    funny i got pvp gear every few matches. didnt know that was timegated.
    reps leading to flying? i got flying 4 and a half days after the patch release, dont seem very "time gated" to me.
    essences? nah not really that bad, a few weeks, just like raiding.

    you have always had to wait for pvp gear, you couoldnt just do nothign but grind for a week then buy a full set, you had limits on conquest earned back in the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post
    i think he did figure it very well in fact and maybe just wanted to share/talk to other people about it,you know like you do on forums.
    Agreed. Sometimes we just want to actual unburden. And that's all there's to it.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except its not a straw man... its literally what tons of people do, you can see streamers, top 1% players, and hardcore do this, this is not a made up thing, this is something A LOT of people do.
    Literally tons? Like who? What streamers are doing this? Asmongold?

    Because every time this strawman gets trotted out, people constantly talk about wishing they could play at their own speed and wouldn't care if they rushed through the content themselves because there are a bunch of other alt activity they can do.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So shall we remove raids being weekly? as that is the earliest timegating.
    You go from strawmans to fallacies to flatout ignoring what anybody is saying.

    Its such a dishonest argument.

    So yeah its a lazy fucking strawman.

  12. #152
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Silvermoon Citadel
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    I level a character to max and it's a fun time, and when I hit max level I'm met with some world quest chores to meet my goals of unlocking flying, allied races, better gear, etc. Cool. But then I start doing those chores, and the game is like "that's all the progress/WoW you can play for today, come back tomorrow". Why doesn't Blizzard trust me to play their game more? Why do they put these weird parental control time gated progress walls everywhere? I feel like I'm playing a mobile phone game and I'm about to be asked to pay real money to bypass these time gated progress walls.

    I'm a grown adult Blizzard, I can play your game for as long as I feel like it/have the time and still attend to my IRL responsibilities, you don't need to restrict my play time like this by putting everything behind a time gate. I'm not going to stop playing your game either because I've met my goals faster than you've intended me to, that's crazy. You still have so much more for me to do once I've unlocked flying, allied races, etc like making alts, collecting mounts/pets/transmogs and so much else, you do not need to heavily time gate everything like this to try to keep me playing for longer. All it does is just burn me out on the game and make me NOT want to play the game at all anymore because I'm so sick and frustrated with all these time gates everywhere.

    Why do they do this?
    the answer is easy. they don't want players to unlock stuff too fast. Because they used time to make it, they want you to use time to play it. They don't want players to sweat-play through their content too fast.

    Anyway, there are tons of player like me, that only comes back when it is something new and stop playing after 4 days because of boredom and the good new content is done. Because of players like me, Blizzard don't trust us! =)

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Yeah but like... You can't can you. So it is literally time-gated. Are you resorting to hypotheticals now are you?
    That is why I said technically and not that it was possible in reality. Flying is rep gated and the rep is time gated. Not a very long one if you really set your mind to do every possible rep gain but still limited by a maximum per day. I am not resorting to anything. It is a simple fact and just something I casually mentioned and didn't base any type of argument around. Don't be so touchy.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Sconners88 View Post
    Keep your hypothetical Blizzard defending fantasies to yourself and stay grounded in the real world. The thread is about artificial time gating, which exists and is a fact.
    Please point out where I have said that it doesn't exist?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  15. #155
    cause there are millions of other "you" out there and they all like different stuff. Sorry but the world doesn't revolve around you. I enjoy time gating and other people do as well.

  16. #156
    Cause I like to no life and play this game almost every day if there was no time gate I would not have much to look foward to after about a week of a new patch / expansion

    just cause I'm not a super sweaty nerd and post all the time on forums my opinion or wants are invalid. I pity the way you view others.

  17. #157
    I completely agree with you, OP. I've always hated these time gates that limit how much you can progress with the game. I should be able to consume as much of the content as I want, grind as much as I want. It's obvious the only reason why they do this is to keep people subscribed. It's not to make the game more fun or anything that's for sure. It's a ploy to help Blizzard keep subscribers which means more money for them. It's kind of like keeping a Twinkie in front of you while you run on a treadmill.

    How they handle rep grinds is one of the most infuriating things about WoW these days. First off they reward you with the absolute minimum amount of rep and then on top of that they only give you a small handful to do a day. THEN on top of THAT they don't even offer you any other way to continue grinding rep beyond the daily WQs. Those WQs are the ONLY way of gaining rep. What happened to wearing tabards and running dungeons to grind rep or handing in certain items in return for rep? We used to have so many different options to grind for rep and now it's just WQs everyday.

    Blizzard thinks that by limiting the amount of content you do a day will keep people interested but in reality, at least for me, it just makes the game feel more like a chore than a fun game. Also, it's lazy game design in my opinion. They make some shallow ass content and then stretch it out by putting a timer on it and call it quality content. I think it's also one of the biggest reasons why people have so many alts these days. There's nothing to do after you do all the WQs so the only other thing to do really is either raid or make a new alt or level an existing one.
    I'd buy that for a dollar.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    I completely agree with you, OP. I've always hated these time gates that limit how much you can progress with the game. I should be able to consume as much of the content as I want, grind as much as I want. It's obvious the only reason why they do this is to keep people subscribed. It's not to make the game more fun or anything that's for sure. It's a ploy to help Blizzard keep subscribers which means more money for them. It's kind of like keeping a Twinkie in front of you while you run on a treadmill.

    How they handle rep grinds is one of the most infuriating things about WoW these days. First off they reward you with the absolute minimum amount of rep and then on top of that they only give you a small handful to do a day. THEN on top of THAT they don't even offer you any other way to continue grinding rep beyond the daily WQs. Those WQs are the ONLY way of gaining rep. What happened to wearing tabards and running dungeons to grind rep or handing in certain items in return for rep? We used to have so many different options to grind for rep and now it's just WQs everyday.

    Blizzard thinks that by limiting the amount of content you do a day will keep people interested but in reality, at least for me, it just makes the game feel more like a chore than a fun game. Also, it's lazy game design in my opinion. They make some shallow ass content and then stretch it out by putting a timer on it and call it quality content. I think it's also one of the biggest reasons why people have so many alts these days. There's nothing to do after you do all the WQs so the only other thing to do really is either raid or make a new alt or level an existing one.
    While this has already been pointed out, I will do it for you.

    They do this to keep you subbed. They lose business if you grind out everything you want, get bored, and unsubscribe. This mind set is what led us to this point in WoW. People didn't want to spend LONG hours grinding rep, gear, honor, etc. So they made everything a little easier and more casual. Now things are too casual and people want to grind again.

    This is a game that can't win. Change one thing and you piss off half the users. Change it back. And you piss off the other half.

  19. #159
    They used to let you grind everything you wanted as fast as you wanted it, you could farm mobs for 5 rep a kill and hit exalted within a week, but then by the end of the month everyone complained that there was nothing to do because they grinded 10 hours a day and finished all the content.

    Now Blizzard time gates things so you can't do that and everyone complains that they aren't allowed to grind 10 hours a day and finish the game in a week.

    There's no way Blizz wins here, either they just let everyone grind everything and then bitch about a content drought for 6+ months at a time, or they time gate things and have people bitch that they can't grind everything.

  20. #160
    It's time gated purely to get more sub duration out of their very thin amount of content. Doing the same world quests for 2 years has to be a joke, and to those who think this is fine, you are the reason why this game is decaying.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    They used to let you grind everything you wanted as fast as you wanted it, you could farm mobs for 5 rep a kill and hit exalted within a week, but then by the end of the month everyone complained that there was nothing to do because they grinded 10 hours a day and finished all the content.
    There is nothing wrong with this, why is having a finish point so bad to you guys? Why is it alright to have the same amount of content as before but now it's coming in episodes like it's a fucking TV show? Blizz can win, go back to what actually used to work. Rep from dungeons/rep from tabards/rep from mobs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •