Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Recruit A Friend - How To Recruit Yourself for Rewards

Recruit A Friend - How To Recruit Yourself for Rewards
    The new Recruit A Friend system is now live and brings new rewards, including two mounts, one pet, a transmog set with a rucksack and more! In this guide we're going to show you how to unlock all of these rewards by recruiting yourself.

If you want to get all the rewards then this month is the perfect time to do that, as new accounts can get a 50% discount on their first World of Warcraft subscription.

How To Recruit Yourself

To get all the 12 rewards from the new Recruit A Friend system, you will first need three active game accounts (World of Warcraft accounts) on your main Blizzard account.

You will use these three accounts to recruit several new Blizzard accounts and then purchase one month of game time on each of them via subscription.

Step By Step Guide

If you can create two World of Warcraft starter accounts on your main Blizzard account then follow this guide. If you cannot create any starter accounts on your main Blizzard account then you'll have to use a slight variation of this guide, which you can find below this one.

Step 1. Generate a Recruit-A-Friend invite link on your WoW#1 account (which is on your main Blizzard account). Use this link to recruit two World of Warcraft accounts on the same Blizzard account. These accounts are basically your RAF1 and RAF2 accounts, however, for clarity, we're going to refer to them as WoW#2 and WoW#3.

Step 2. Purchase one month of game time on your WoW#2 and WoW#3 accounts (which are on your main Blizzard account).

Step 3. Create 10 email accounts and name them something like "YourNameRAFNumber@email.com". Throughout this guide we're going to refer to these emails as RAF3, RAF4, … RAF12.

Step 4. Use the invite link from WoW#1 to recruit RAF3 and RAF4.

You will have to create two new Blizzard accounts and purchase one month of game time on them via subscription. Since these accounts are new, you can use the New Player Offer to save 50% on the first month. This will cost you $7.5/€6.5 per account.

Step 5. Generate a Recruit-A-Friend invite link on your WoW#2 account (your main Blizzard account) and use that link to recruit RAF5, RAF6, RAF7 and RAF8.

Once again, you will have to create four new Blizzard accounts and purchase one month of game time on them via subscription. Since these accounts are new, you can use the New Player Offer to save 50% on the first month. This will cost you $7.5/€6.5 per account.

Step 6. Generate a Recruit-A-Friend invite link on your WoW#3 account (your main Blizzard account) and use that link to recruit RAF9, RAF10, RAF11 and RAF12.

Once again, you will have to create four new Blizzard accounts and purchase one month of game time on them via subscription. Since these accounts are new, you can use the New Player Offer to save 50% on the first month. This will cost you $7.5/€6.5 per account.

The total amount of money you're going to spend with this method is $105/€91. You will get all the Recruit A Friend rewards.

If You Cannot Create New Accounts

If you cannot create any starter accounts on your main Blizzard account then follow this guide.

Step 1. Purchase one month of game time on your WoW#2 and WoW#3 accounts (which are on your main Blizzard account).

Step 2. Create 12 email accounts and name them something like "YourNameRAFNumber@email.com" to easily keep track of these emails. Throughout this short guide we're going to refer to these emails as RAF1, RAF2, … RAF12.

Step 3. Generate a Recruit-A-Friend invite link on your WoW#1 account (your main Blizzard account) and use that link to recruit RAF1, RAF2, RAF3 and RAF4.

Step 4. Generate a Recruit-A-Friend invite link on your WoW#2 account (your main Blizzard account) and use that link to recruit RAF5, RAF6, RAF7 and RAF8.

Step 5. Generate a Recruit-A-Friend invite link on your WoW#3 account (your main Blizzard account) and use that link to recruit RAF9, RAF10, RAF11 and RAF12.

Step 6. Purchase one month of game time on the 12 Recruit A Friend accounts via subscription. Since these accounts are new, you can use the New Player Offer to save 50% on the first month.

If you have to use this method, please note that you will pay an additional $15/€13 for game time on the last two Recruit A Friend accounts. That being said, the offer is still good, as you will get all the Recruit A Friend rewards at a great price!

Payments & Rewards Info

• Please note that when you subscribe, the full amount of money will be put on hold on your card. Do not worry, as that is normal. After the transaction goes through, the amount of money shown on the transaction will be updated, and you will be charged for the discounted amount.
    • It can take up to three days to receive the rewards. In most cases, you will receive the rewards within minutes. However, they will only show up after you have logged in and out of the accounts.
    • If you don't intend to play on the recruited accounts after the first month of game time has passed, don't forget to cancel your subscription and/or remove your payment methods.
    • For more info about the Recruit A Friend system, eligibility, invitation process, rewards, restrictions and limitations please check this Support Article or the Recruit A Friend Page on the official website.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2020-02-13 at 02:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why can't you just recruit one person and pre-pay for a 12 month sub? am i missing something here? is it cheaper with your method?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorched2Black View Post
    Why can't you just recruit one person and pre-pay for a 12 month sub? am i missing something here? is it cheaper with your method?
    It is cheaper, yes. There currently is a sale of 50% off your FIRST new month of WoW (for NEW accounts only).

Though just one other account with 1 year would be much easier.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

This allows them to get more people to invite themselves

For a year, and get all the extra subs

This would be the best way if it was not for the discounted sub fee for new accounts,
    this method takes advantage of the half price first month offer so 10 accounts end up costing what 5 months would cost so you save a LOT

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    This allows them to get more people to invite themselves

For a year, and get all the extra subs
    The entire point is so that you dont have to subscribe for a year.

Though it would certainly show up as a massive MAU boost for one month.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    The entire point is so that you dont have to subscribe for a year.

Though it would certainly show up as a massive MAU boost for one month.
    I get what they mean, because subbing for a year would be less hassle *if* it cost the same - with all the discounts it’s so much cheaper hence the guide xD

Seems like a bunch of bull shit

Quote Originally Posted by Polygons View Post
    Seems like a bunch of bull shit
    How wonderfully insightful of you... *eyeroll*

cringe. Good call... keep inflating this money grab and allowing them to think they have high numbers of active subs, rather than allow them to hit rock bottom and actually improve their content.

This is almost direct copy paste from wowhead. What is going on with this website...?

15+ Year Old Account
    Meh, usually I'm a sucker for these sort of things (yes I love mounts 'n stuff) but for €91 I think I'll pass, especially as I'm not really playing retail at the moment.

Nicely written guide though.

Edit: Just realised you get Game Time at the 2, 5, 8 and 11 month mark. Is that 1 month a piece? If so I suddenly might be more interested

Edit 2: And I found the answer to my own question, go me! So for €91 you can get 120 days of added Game Time on your main account (+ the other rewards ofc), or have I misunderstood?
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2019-12-09 at 03:51 AM.

Don't recruit yourself too much, you'll go blind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    This is almost direct copy paste from wowhead. What is going on with this website...?
    You don't have to reinvent a wheel just to talk about a wheel.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Don't recruit yourself too much, you'll go blind.

The rewards are only given to you 1 per month per recruit. If you prepay 12 months, you're waiting a year to get all of your rewards. As it is, I didn't know this beforehand, so I have to wait 6 months because I only did 2. Hopefully somebody will see this warning and understand that they're putting off their rewards for a year by doing 1 account for 12 months.

Yea, what a friggin nightmare to save up on around 3 tokens worth of bnet value.

Weird to see a guide like this posted on the front page. I guess it's important for some people but, uh, it seems a bit agenda-based when posted in this context. Iunno, maybe I'm reading too much into it. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Meh, usually I'm a sucker for these sort of things (yes I love mounts 'n stuff) but for €91 I think I'll pass, especially as I'm not really playing retail at the moment.

Nicely written guide though.

Edit: Just realised you get Game Time at the 2, 5, 8 and 11 month mark. Is that 1 month a piece? If so I suddenly might be more interested

Edit 2: And I found the answer to my own question, go me! So for €91 you can get 120 days of added Game Time on your main account (+ the other rewards ofc), or have I misunderstood?
    If i understood this correctly - yes, your main account would get 4 extra months of game time when they pass those marks.
    By doing this method you will get these extra months as soon as you finish process in the guide as extra months are added when "refereed" accounts pay for sub which sums those marks, in this case - instantly.

This whole process takes €91, now since you get 4 extra months on your main account (4x €13 = 52) this actually takes about €39 total (91-52=€39)
    Last edited by Gurg; 2019-12-09 at 04:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

Never mind, I read a little more about it in-game. 4 friends ever 30 days.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2019-12-09 at 04:44 AM.