Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickNasty View Post
    Anyone else got the feeling it’s going to go the way of Batman vs Superman where they beat the heck out of each other and end up teaming up on a bigger bad?

Unless the movie throws us a massive swerve and MechaGodzilla is revealed and dealt with halfway through the movie, and the last half is purely Kong versus (real) Godzilla.

One must fall, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Unless the movie throws us a massive swerve and MechaGodzilla is revealed and dealt with halfway through the movie, and the last half is purely Kong versus (real) Godzilla.

One must fall, after all.
    I feel like after 2020, we all deserve to see Kong riding piggy back on Godzilla to go fight mechagodzilla while wielding a battle axe.

More of the same, but this time with atomic bitch slap.

Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    More of the same, but this time with atomic bitch slap.

I feel so satisfied after watching that slap
    Facts don't care about feelings

My website (read my and other's novels here first!) https://www.the-fiction-factory.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i think after the skull island movie it was damn explicit that kong have "super" abilities as well, obviously he is not just a giant gorilla, he can't shot lazer from his ass but his martial abilities are definitely super, including his durability, that punch rly showed everything

i think people re underestimating how goddamn strong gorillas are, compared to humans or other animals, take that and put into godzila size, with superior speed? that this is terrifying
    He's physically strong, but again...he (relatively) has no durability. He's flesh and blood like you and I, just really large. He's vulnerable to everything we are, including bullets, fire, etc.

Half the premise of Kong's movie was, "How do we keep people from killing this ape?" whereas with Godzilla it's, "How can we even hurt this thing?"

Godzilla might be dumber and clumsier, but he's also practically invulnerable and can turn into a walking nuclear core if he feels like it. Assuming that the movies respect their own continuity, it really should be no contest. I would have to assume that - as others have thought - their battle won't be conclusive and there will be some other big bad to fight instead.

I don't want to listen to anything -KING KONG !!!

It wasn't really shown that Skull Island Kong was vulnerable to bullets. We did see that he was cut up a bit by helicopter props. And even though he didn't seem terribly affected by fire, the inferno depriving him of oxygen did temporarily render him unconscious.

But yeah... Godzilla fully nuclear is...god-mode. Unless the writers are good enough and creative enough, I can't see Kong eking out a win unless it's against mecha-Godzilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    He's physically strong, but again...he (relatively) has no durability. He's flesh and blood like you and I, just really large. He's vulnerable to everything we are, including bullets, fire, etc.
    he have the same resistance as Godzila and other kaiju, he is also a radioactive monster.
    Half the premise of Kong's movie was, "How do we keep people from killing this ape?" whereas with Godzilla it's, "How can we even hurt this thing?"

right, but this kong is in another universe, he is not a normal gorila.

Godzilla might be dumber and clumsier, but he's also practically invulnerable and can turn into a walking nuclear core if he feels like it. Assuming that the movies respect their own continuity, it really should be no contest. I would have to assume that - as others have thought - their battle won't be conclusive and there will be some other big bad to fight instead.
    are you rly that oblivious to the monsterverse universe? everyone of the kaijus are a walking nucelar core, they feed on the nuclear energy

and rly, just watch the trailer, they are more or less equal

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It wasn't really shown that Skull Island Kong was vulnerable to bullets. We did see that he was cut up a bit by helicopter props. And even though he didn't seem terribly affected by fire, the inferno depriving him of oxygen did temporarily render him unconscious.

But yeah... Godzilla fully nuclear is...god-mode. Unless the writers are good enough and creative enough, I can't see Kong eking out a win unless it's against mecha-Godzilla.
    Kong was a child there, obviously he would be injured by the blades of a helicopter, but seeing how he did well with the skull crawlers he did pretty good.

Now Kong grow up and he is the size of godzila, like other kaiju, how he cannot be a match to him? remember that godzila cannot do what he did with gidorah again.

remember that godzila cannot do what he did with gidorah again.
    No. Godzilla typically uses radiation for healing...and if he swallows another nuke again, there's nothing that says history won't repeat itself...going nuke hot. The only question would be how Kong handles it.

he have the same resistance as Godzila and other kaiju, he is also a radioactive monster.

right, but this kong is in another universe, he is not a normal gorila.

are you rly that oblivious to the monsterverse universe? everyone of the kaijus are a walking nucelar core, they feed on the nuclear energy
    You ask if I'm oblivious, then you suggest that Skull Island was another universe?

Quote Originally Posted by TrickNasty View Post
    Anyone else got the feeling it’s going to go the way of Batman vs Superman where they beat the heck out of each other and end up teaming up on a bigger bad?
    "save.....Mothra!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    "save.....Mothra!"
    "Why... did you say that name?"

I can't believe I chuckled... I need sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    You ask if I'm oblivious, then you suggest that Skull Island was another universe?
    its the same universe, and he is not just a giant ape like the old movies, he is also a radioactive monster

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    No. Godzilla typically uses radiation for healing...and if he swallows another nuke again, there's nothing that says history won't repeat itself...going nuke hot. The only question would be how Kong handles it.
    And he will not be eating another nuke, that is cheap and would not be rly his power, is like a cheat.

the Stranger Things kids wander into the soviet base? Find mechagodzilla?

promo material, mechagodzilla, looks like a terminator..

YouTube teaser clips are starting to show too much for how long we have to wait.

Mechagodzilla would explain a lot.
    the report systems sucks and the mods are bias.

Since there has been no official statement in regards to more MonsterVerse films, here is a quote from Adam Wingard, director of 'GvK', to the future:

"Well, I guess like any sequel that’s up to if people are super into this one. Which, I’m biased, but I think they’ll definitely be into it. Who knows what the future holds, but if the fan enthusiasm is there, absolutely. Why would we ever want to end this if people want more?"

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/256...-honest-answer

I'm at least glad he is willing to do more if people like this film, but I'm not naive to think it's only the fandom's reception of the film that will ultimately decide. The film has to make money too. It certainly can become a case of the movie being received very well but if it can't even break even, then there is no chance.

Also, and this is not confirmed by any means, but keeping up with the fan Twitter accounts that do a lot of Internet searching and keep up with the Japanese side of kaiju films I have been reading that Toho Studios has been waiting "patiently" to fire up their shared cinematic Godzilla universe (that was announced by them a couple of years ago) and the theory is that the Godzilla license that Legendary Entertainment has will not be renewed after GvK. I'm not sure why we can't have two cinematic versions of Godzilla at the same time, since we did have Shin Godzilla in 2016, but who knows?

So this means all of you must purchase and re-purchase GvK over and over and over and over and over and over.

I'll probably see it a few times at the cinema, but there needs to be a good coherent script...if mecha gets nailed by a nuke with no effect there had better be a damn good reason.

Someone leaked 25 seconds of GvK footage on YouTube.