Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
20
LastLast
  1. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're probably going to have to, uh... *coughcheckpornsitescough*.
    wait, it's a porno? I assumed it was some horror comedy, a dildo turns by ewul powers into a dildo shark n dicks people to death (no wait, that is the plot of Alien...


  2. #342
    So, according to this person (not sure who they are, name is Ryan Unicomb and is a film writer), these are some things that were cut from the film:


    https://www.reddit.com/r/GODZILLA/co...ntly_cut_from/



    Okay I can't link images so I'll write up a TL;DR:


    - Wingard himself was involved in the changes/decision making and reshoots

    - Alexander Skarsgard's original motivation was his fiance dies on the expedition *he* is leading into the Hollow Earth *on* Skull Island... his character goes down a darker path in this version (originally find him as a depressed and drunk in bars)

    - Another change: Godzilla's reasoning for attacks... Eiza Gonzalez using a device called the "ORCA-Z" to "control" Godzilla, shifting humanity's trust away from him... part of this story line still exists but in different context

    - Tasman Sea battle: Godzilla stops attacking the ship when they turn the power off (this would turn off the ORCA-Z as well) causing Godzilla to lose interest in continue fighting

    - This plan would eventually see Damian Bichr's character eventually been seen as a hero for besting Godzilla using MechaG

    - Big change: down playing Ren Serizawa's character... supposedly was going to be the real "big bad" of the film, hiring an assassin to murder Simmon's right as MechaG comes online *and* allowing Ren to upload King Ghidorah into MechaG as his "original plan"

    - Other changes: Millie Bobby Brown's characters PTSD & her "acting out of character" mirrored in her father's mistrust of Godzilla... complete removal of Zhang Ziyi's character, removal of Jessica Henwick's character, Lance Riddick had a larger role

    - Removal of ancient paintings in Kong's "throne room" inside the Hollow Earth chronicling an ancient war with Mothra, Rodan, and Behemoth as well as many other Titans

    - The overall tone of the film was changed and the narrative was more streamlined to something "more palatable" for general audiences
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-04-06 at 07:17 PM.

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    wait, it's a porno? I assumed it was some horror comedy, a dildo turns by ewul powers into a dildo shark n dicks people to death (no wait, that is the plot of Alien...
    It's difficult to describe without spoilers.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

  4. #344
    If that Reddit info is true, I feel like some of that would have made parts of the movie make more sense.

  5. #345
    Over 9000! Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,098
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    - Removal of ancient paintings in Kong's "throne room" inside the Hollow Earth chronicling an ancient war with Mothra, Rodan, and Behemoth as well as many other Titans

    - The overall tone of the film was changed and the narrative was more streamlined to something "more palatable" for general audiences
    Damn, that would have been cool to see. I've always wanted to see other Kaiju face each other other than it always being "Godzilla vs. [fill in the blank.] It's part of why I loved seeing Ghidora vs. Rodan (as brief as it was) in the previous movie, and Rodan vs. Mothra.

  6. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    So, according to this person (not sure who they are, name is Ryan Unicomb and is a film writer), these are some things that were cut from the film:


    https://www.reddit.com/r/GODZILLA/co...ntly_cut_from/



    Okay I can't link images so I'll write up a TL;DR:


    - Wingard himself was involved in the changes/decision making and reshoots

    - Alexander Skarsgard's original motivation was his fiance dies on the expedition *he* is leading into the Hollow Earth *on* Skull Island... his character goes down a darker path in this version (originally find him as a depressed and drunk in bars)

    - Another change: Godzilla's reasoning for attacks... Eiza Gonzalez using a device called the "ORCA-Z" to "control" Godzilla, shifting humanity's trust away from him... part of this story line still exists but in different context

    - Tasman Sea battle: Godzilla stops attacking the ship when they turn the power off (this would turn off the ORCA-Z as well) causing Godzilla to lose interest in continue fighting

    - This plan would eventually see Damian Bichr's character eventually been seen as a hero for besting Godzilla using MechaG

    - Big change: down playing Ren Serizawa's character... supposedly was going to be the real "big bad" of the film, hiring an assassin to murder Simmon's right as MechaG comes online *and* allowing Ren to upload King Ghidorah into MechaG as his "original plan"

    - Other changes: Millie Bobby Brown's characters PTSD & her "acting out of character" mirrored in her father's mistrust of Godzilla... complete removal of Zhang Ziyi's character, removal of Jessica Henwick's character, Lance Riddick had a larger role

    - Removal of ancient paintings in Kong's "throne room" inside the Hollow Earth chronicling an ancient war with Mothra, Rodan, and Behemoth as well as many other Titans

    - The overall tone of the film was changed and the narrative was more streamlined to something "more palatable" for general audiences
    I would have kept the last part of Kongs throne room because now we kind of suspected as much that at some point in time Kong and Godzilla previously fought (at least a predecessor).

    Another change I would have made is just removing Brown's character because what did that entire story of her traveling to HK really add? Contribution was almost as much as the Jokers contribution to Suicide Squad, remove both characters and the movie in essence stays the same.

  7. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    I would have kept the last part of Kongs throne room because now we kind of suspected as much that at some point in time Kong and Godzilla previously fought (at least a predecessor).

    Another change I would have made is just removing Brown's character because what did that entire story of her traveling to HK really add? Contribution was almost as much as the Jokers contribution to Suicide Squad, remove both characters and the movie in essence stays the same.
    We kinda suspect they fought in the past? Is that due to the actual lines of dialogue telling us as much?

  8. #348
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Another change I would have made is just removing Brown's character because what did that entire story of her traveling to HK really add? Contribution was almost as much as the Jokers contribution to Suicide Squad, remove both characters and the movie in essence stays the same.
    An inside look at what the bad guys were doing so Mechagodzilla didn’t just show up on-screen outta no where. I suppose you could have just had their POV without her, tho.
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

  9. #349
    The Lightbringer msdos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    3,014
    I liked Kong Island because of the Hollow Earth stuff and this movie only interests me for the same reason. They could take the Godzilla crap out, in fact, they could take all the monster vs human stuff out (random human villains, carriers getting leap frogged on, Millie Joe Bobbie Millie Bo Brown, etc) and just have the movie about Kong and Hollow Earth and I'd still watch it, it wouldn't even need to have dialogue.

    If it wasn't Hollywood, you could just have a Hollow Earth movie, but because they need to make hundreds of millions of dollars, everything needs Michael Bay bells and whistles attached to it with corny tropes that need to be recognizable by consoomerz.

  10. #350
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    We kinda suspect they fought in the past? Is that due to the actual lines of dialogue telling us as much?
    When King Kong puts the Axe on the floor you get a picture of what looks like Godzilla.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    An inside look at what the bad guys were doing so Mechagodzilla didn’t just show up on-screen outta no where. I suppose you could have just had their POV without her, tho.
    Mechagodzilla would have turned on and evil the moment he got his powersource.
    Godzilla noticed the existence of his robot friend before we as a audience saw him.

    Again, her role was out of place and totally not needed.

  11. #351
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    When King Kong puts the Axe on the floor you get a picture of what looks like Godzilla.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Mechagodzilla would have turned on and evil the moment he got his powersource.
    Godzilla noticed the existence of his robot friend before we as a audience saw him.

    Again, her role was out of place and totally not needed.
    “We believe they have an ancient rivalry. The myths say their ancestors fought each other in a great war.” - Ilene Andrews

  12. #352
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    “We believe they have an ancient rivalry. The myths say their ancestors fought each other in a great war.” - Ilene Andrews

    Would be cool if they expanded on this. Even through flashbacks as I doubt we would see more of Kong's species and Godzilla's species roaming around anywhere in the modern day. I think it's better for the story that Kong and Godzilla are the last of their respective species.


    Who knows? The Hollow Earth is pretty damn big.

  13. #353
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Would be cool if they expanded on this. Even through flashbacks as I doubt we would see more of Kong's species and Godzilla's species roaming around anywhere in the modern day. Who knows? The Hollow Earth is pretty damn big.
    I think a prequel would be pretty awesome. Let’s see the battle for supremacy they fought, hopefully with far less human plotlines.

  14. #354
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    22,965
    A Monsterverse movie set when the monsters dominated? Maybe when they were worshiped by the culture we see in the ruins of the second movie? Yes please.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  15. #355
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    A Monsterverse movie set when the monsters dominated? Maybe when they were worshiped by the culture we see in the ruins of the second movie? Yes please.
    Those ruins provoked a lot of curiosity in me. A civilization before those we currently know...something prior to the last great ice age has my fantasy imagination all fired up.

  16. #356
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    A Monsterverse movie set when the monsters dominated? Maybe when they were worshiped by the culture we see in the ruins of the second movie? Yes please.
    What would that entail, though... I'm sure it's just my lack of imagination, but I can't really think of a very interesting story involving some prehistoric society getting constantly wrecked by monsters they have no hope of even possibly combating. And there wouldn't even be buildings to demolish.

  17. #357
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    What would that entail, though... I'm sure it's just my lack of imagination, but I can't really think of a very interesting story involving some prehistoric society getting constantly wrecked by monsters they have no hope of even possibly combating. And there wouldn't even be buildings to demolish.
    ancient sign language yo.

    Get the good titan to fight the bad titans.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  18. #358
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic1962 View Post
    It was better than Wonder Woman at least.

    But seriously, it filled the role of a popcorn flick quite well. The effects are good, story is pretty predictable but there really should be no surprise there. Brain off and enjoy the show.

    #TeamGodzilla
    The effect and the monsters were really good, mechagodzilla was well done, I loved the city fight in hong kong it felt like the old godzilla movie. WAY WAY better than KotM.

  19. #359
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    22,965
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    What would that entail, though... I'm sure it's just my lack of imagination, but I can't really think of a very interesting story involving some prehistoric society getting constantly wrecked by monsters they have no hope of even possibly combating. And there wouldn't even be buildings to demolish.
    Honestly...I thought something similar. Ancient civilizationis in movies are hit or miss. Five minutes off the top of my head, you could do some sort of ancient alien type story around the 'dawn of man'. Aliens and Godzilla go hand-in-hand, just not in this universe so far. Maybe the aliens some and try to enslave (or uplift) humans, steal the planet's oxygen, who knows. Your kongs, zillas, whatevers fight the aliens and some super alien kaiju (that not King Ghidorah). The aliens basically win but humanity is spared or whatever with the monsters mostly being wiped out and going into hiding.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  20. #360
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Honestly...I thought something similar. Ancient civilizationis in movies are hit or miss. Five minutes off the top of my head, you could do some sort of ancient alien type story around the 'dawn of man'. Aliens and Godzilla go hand-in-hand, just not in this universe so far. Maybe the aliens some and try to enslave (or uplift) humans, steal the planet's oxygen, who knows. Your kongs, zillas, whatevers fight the aliens and some super alien kaiju (that not King Ghidorah). The aliens basically win but humanity is spared or whatever with the monsters mostly being wiped out and going into hiding.
    Does it have to be humanity?
    My first exposure to this idea was from the 70s "Land of the Lost" the sleestak. I can imagine them fucking up the world through the skylons and those funking gems, pissing off kaiju all over trying to heal the world. And that's just to get the story rolling.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •