Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I added to my comment above.

Was it even a military base? I thought it was just Walter Simmons facility.
    Given the work they were doing there, it wouldn't matter, the place would have armed security at MINIMUM, most likely a sizeable force of Blackwater-type ex military guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Given the work they were doing there, it wouldn't matter, the place would have armed security at MINIMUM, most likely a sizeable force of Blackwater-type ex military guys.
    Kinda hedging on either side. Bernie bumped into armed dudes and they were killed. The whole place kinda got ruined, and they took that giant robotic eye which was clearly in the open at that point. After that... I'm not sure I'd want anyone to know if there was anything secret I'm protecting by having armed security around guarding rubble and debris. To be fair, there should have been a networked camera system in place.

This movie was watchable, but barely. I really REALLY hate all the humanizing factors they give these monsters. Godzilla laughing, Kong / Godzilla's expressions (smiling, frowning, getting angry), etc. These aren't people. They're animals - even gorillas don't have that level of expression. It's cheesy (and not in a good way) and takes me out of the movie.

Would it hurt to have them act like them (really big ones)?

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    This movie was watchable, but barely. I really REALLY hate all the humanizing factors they give these monsters. Godzilla laughing, Kong / Godzilla's expressions (smiling, frowning, getting angry), etc. These aren't people. They're animals - even gorillas don't have that level of expression. It's cheesy (and not in a good way) and takes me out of the movie.

They are more than animals... and that is the point. They aren't just overgrown animals, they are more. Is it so hard to suspend one's disbelief and imagine that creatures of that size/power could have infinitely larger capacity for intelligence and emotion

Would it hurt to have them act like them (really big ones)?

I don't think that's what they are going for. At least in this film universe's incarnation of daikaiju/"Titans"
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-04-11 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    They are more than animals... and that is the point. They aren't just animals. Is it so hard to suspend your disbelief and imagine that creatures of that size/power could have infinitely larger capacity for intelligence and emotion?

I don't think that's what they are going for. At least in this film universe's incarnation of daikaiju/"Titans"
    I'm fine with them being more than "animals". But having them laugh at each other, grin, etc. is just beyond stupid. They're monsters. I'm fine with them being intelligent, I don't understand the need to personificate them so much.

If the movie took it further...thinking as their brain capacity is far larger than human, I'd have wonder that it isn't anthropomorphism.

A grin or laugh is better than when Godzilla and friends actually "spoke". Even as a kid that shit was weird.

Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    A grin or laugh is better than when Godzilla and friends actually "spoke". Even as a kid that shit was weird.

Hahaha, that really was cheesy but oh so satisfying to laugh at.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Kinda hedging on either side. Bernie bumped into armed dudes and they were killed. The whole place kinda got ruined, and they took that giant robotic eye which was clearly in the open at that point. After that... I'm not sure I'd want anyone to know if there was anything secret I'm protecting by having armed security around guarding rubble and debris. To be fair, there should have been a networked camera system in place.
    That kinda research ALWAYS has armed security. If they still have stuff of value there, they would have had the wreckage blocked off using some excuse like "a chemical spill" or some other bullshit cover story that mandated armed security to keep people out "for their own protection" or some similar BS.

I just rewatched Godzilla vs. Kong and I enjoyed it just as much as the first time!

One part I didn't realize is that Godzilla pulled Kong's arm out of it's socket and Kong didn't dislocate it when he slammed into the building like I initially thought. He bites his arm and then starts to spin/wrench Kong around and you hear Kong's arm "crack/pop". It's loud... I just missed it is all.

Personally, I love this movie more and more!

This kind of flew under the radar for me, but here are some quotes from an article about the film and quotes from Legendary Entertainment CEO Joshua Grode:

Grode tells Deadline, “We did a lot of analytics after King of the Monsters, and the audience showed that they wanted to see these monsters going at it. This movie gives the audiences what they want and we’re seeing the results of that.”

As far as more Godzilla or Kong movies, Grode said this morning, “we have a number of ideas for more movies.” The franchise has amassed $1.76 billion from the four pics.

So... hope.

https://deadline.com/2021/04/godzill...ng-1234726022/

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    This kind of flew under the radar for me, but here are some quotes from an article about the film and quotes from Legendary Entertainment CEO Joshua Grode:

So... hope.

https://deadline.com/2021/04/godzill...ng-1234726022/
    Thats very good news to hear. Love studios that arent too big to work with fans. There seems to be a vocal group of creators who want people to view their stuff but then turn around and dismiss the audience when constructive criticism is offered. It also means the universe might not be dead, which some people speculated the pandemic would kill it regardless of audience approval (theaters not bring in money means decision-makers who only look at numbers would kill the universe).

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Seems it's not going away

One Monsterverse

Legendary
    Apr 27, 2021