Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    yawn - stupid film

7+ Year Old Account
    Yay its comin to cinemas on march. But im not sure there will be any open cinema in here on march xD #covid19

10+ Year Old Account
    Random question I've been wondering since the original movies: Who has to pay for the trillions in property damage and loss of human life?

Of course, there's not much you can do about death and destruction caused by The Ultimate Force of Nature.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Random question I've been wondering since the original movies: Who has to pay for the trillions in property damage and loss of human life?

Of course, there's not much you can do about death and destruction caused by The Ultimate Force of Nature.

Nobody does. Eventually we all regress to primitive, caveman-like tribal societies with Ice Age technology and worship these monsters like gods. Kind of like that game 'Primal Rage' back in the day.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think we would get a different looking architecture in that kaiju world, no skyscrapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I have to watch it again, not my favorite godzilla movie, had way too much humies in it..
    I never quite understood why people keep holding the "way too many humans" against Godzilla 2014. People hardly complain that "the human side plotline sucks", which is a valid complaint, but mostly the argument is over the fact that the movies focus too much time on the humans. And I am like, HAVE YOU EVEN WATCHED GODZILLA!?

Many of the Showa series also focus a lot of time on the human side. Including the original Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla, although that admittedly is one of the weaker of the Showa series. I've watched Ebirah, Terror of the Deep recently, and Godzilla had a low amount of screentime in that movie as well compared to the humans.

I mean, yeah I can see why the human plot in 2014 is bad, it does get pretty cringe in places. But to use the fact it focuses too much time on the humans against the movie is just silly because Godzilla 2014 isn't even the first movie in the franchise to do so. It wasn't even the second, third, or even fourth!

Sorry for the long winded rant.

Also a fair warning for those whom haven't seen the old showa series from the 70's and earlier, it can... get quite silly.

But I love it all the same!

10+ Year Old Account
    The Showa era were mostly silly fun, but they really shit the bed with the films centered around Minilla.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I still don't get how Kong is ever supposed to be a match for Godzilla.

Yeah yeah, none of it is supposed to make sense, I know.

Apart from his size increase, and from what we saw in the trailer, Kong has speed. He was quick to throw that "superman punch" on the navy ship and then we see him soaring through the air with the axe about to smash (Mecha)Godzilla's face in.

I've always held that, regardless of size between the two, Kong doesn't really have any durability compared to Godzilla. He's flesh and blood. He is easily cut/slashed and burned as seen in 'Kong: Skull Island' but I suppose you could make the case that, after growing to the size he has because of the radiation coming from Skull Island, he also has potentially gained some form of "super" durability that the Titans have. How far that goes in a fight between the two remains to be seen.

But also-- it's probably one of those things where we, the viewers, shouldn't concern ourselves with such details as to it making sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    The Showa era were mostly silly fun, but they really shit the bed with the films centered around Minilla.

Funny enough, 'Godzilla's Revenge' was the first VHS I got of Godzilla when I was a kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Funny enough, 'Godzilla's Revenge' was the first VHS I got of Godzilla when I was a kid.
    The titles for the movie make it sound awesome. Godzilla's Revenge? All Monsters Attack? Yes!

Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

The trailer itself portrays it as "Godzilla is hurting people and we don't know why" so one could just assume that he feels threatened by Kong.

However, it's most likely not really Godzilla we see in the trailer. It is most likely MechaGodzilla.

In my opinion, the real Godzilla knows Fake Godzilla is out there stirring up some shit. The world thinks Fake Godzilla is actually the real Godzilla, so they get Kong to "deal" with him. Won't be until the end of the film where all parties realize it was Fake Godzilla the whole time
    Mechagodzilla is definitely in the film as we see it once and evidence of it in a different scene. But I think we are 100% getting Godzilla vs Kong. Or else what is the "ancient war" they're talking about?

Full movie plot: Godzilla is attacking power plants or something and the world freaks out. They bring Kong from Skull Island to fight him after finding evidence of this "ancient war". After the fight the real villain of the movie brings out Mechagodzilla built from the bones of Godzilla's ancestors to finish off Kong and rule the world. This was the reason Godzilla was attacking. Kong and Godzilla team up to fight it.
    Last edited by Jurani; 2021-01-28 at 02:25 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    *queue hip hop music* Yeah! Uh! Uh huh! Alright! Kong baby!
    *make Kong 20x bigger* That's right! Time to slam!
    *Godzilla getting owned in the trailer and his super move denied* Gozilla is hurting people and we don't know why!!!!!! It has nothing to do with him being spiritually castrated!!!

In the 2014 movie they acted all super spooky and mysterious and didn't show Godzilla in the trailer, barely showed him in 3 quarters of the movie, now he's just geting wtfbbqpwn Falcon punched out of the trailer to DMX music lol!!! Nice bro!!

Hollyweird is a joke.

7+ Year Old Account
    Apart from his size increase, and from what we saw in the trailer, Kong has speed. He was quick to throw that "superman punch" on the navy ship and then we see him soaring through the air with the axe about to smash (Mecha)Godzilla's face in.

I've always held that, regardless of size between the two, Kong doesn't really have any durability compared to Godzilla. He's flesh and blood. He is easily cut/slashed and burned as seen in 'Kong: Skull Island' but I suppose you could make the case that, after growing to the size he has because of the radiation coming from Skull Island, he also has potentially gained some form of "super" durability that the Titans have. How far that goes in a fight between the two remains to be seen.
    i think after the skull island movie it was damn explicit that kong have "super" abilities as well, obviously he is not just a giant gorilla, he can't shot lazer from his ass but his martial abilities are definitely super, including his durability, that punch rly showed everything

i think people re underestimating how goddamn strong gorillas are, compared to humans or other animals, take that and put into godzila size, with superior speed? that this is terrifying

I keep seeing Mecha Godzilla rumors/leaks/theories/speculation a lot, and that makes sense with the hints we've seen, and (unverified?) leaks, but one thing; King Ghidora's head was made a big deal in the after credits scene of King of Monsters. I don't think that was for nothing. I mean, yeah, we might get Mecha Godzilla, but I really thought a King Ghodora clone might also be another threat in this movie in place of or on top of MG. King of Monsters also hinted Ghidora is indeed from outer space. Maybe whatever world it's from, that planet's race creates MG? Nothing is off the table.

Also hope we see Rodan and Mothra again but long shot I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I still don't get how Kong is ever supposed to be a match for Godzilla.

Yeah yeah, none of it is supposed to make sense, I know.
    Probably they'll make him faster and/or more intelligent; Kong used tools and weapons in Skull Island and already does in the trailers. As us humans can attest to IRL, smarts can often beat strong.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

If Godzilla swallows another nuke he should give any titan a problem...but especially to a mecha of any sort.

5+ Year Old Account
    Kong: Skull Island Show Coming To Netflix Following Shipwreck Characters.

https://screenrant.com/kong-skull-is...story-details/
    BY RACHEL LABONTE 16 HOURS AGO

Taking place in the 1970s, Kong: Skull Island follows a scientific expedition to the mysterious titular island, which is home to various terrifying creatures. The humans' arrival on Skull Island puts them on a collision course with the monsters and introduces them to the king of the island: Kong. It starred Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, John C. Reilly, and John Goodman, among others. In earning $566.7 million worldwide, it is currently the highest-grossing movie within the MonsterVerse. Up until now, however, there hasn't been a direct follow-up to the project.

Today, Netflix has announced the development of an anime series titled Skull Island. Described as a new chapter in the MonsterVerse, Skull Island will follow shipwrecked characters as they try to escape their dangerous surroundings, which of course are home to "prehistoric monsters, including the greatest titan of them all, Kong." Brian Duffield (Underwater) will serve as a writer and executive producer. Also executive producing is Jacob Robinson under his company Tractor Pants. Powerhouse Animation, the studio behind Castlevania and Blood of Zeus, will work on Skull Island.

In moving to animation and Netflix, the MonsterVerse is growing in a brand new direction. Skull Island presents the opportunity to further develop the strange location, which so far has really only been shown in the 2017 film. It isn't clear as to when in the MonsterVerse timeline Skull Island will take place, but it seems likely it will be sometime after the movie itself. Since Godzilla vs. Kong will see the giant ape leaving Skull Island, the anime will have to take place well before that, so it will potentially fall somewhere between the two.

It also seems likely Skull Island will be populated by entirely new characters, so audiences shouldn't expect to hear Hiddleston or Larson lending their voices. There could be references to the characters found within Kong: Skull Island, particularly in the case of Reilly's Hank Marlow. He lived on the island for decades before the start of the film, and he surely left a mark on the area. All told, there are many possibilities for where this new Kong: Skull Island project can go, and it will be interesting to see how it impacts the MonsterVerse.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    I never quite understood why people keep holding the "way too many humans" against Godzilla 2014. People hardly complain that "the human side plotline sucks", which is a valid complaint, but mostly the argument is over the fact that the movies focus too much time on the humans. And I am like, HAVE YOU EVEN WATCHED GODZILLA!?

Many of the Showa series also focus a lot of time on the human side. Including the original Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla, although that admittedly is one of the weaker of the Showa series. I've watched Ebirah, Terror of the Deep recently, and Godzilla had a low amount of screentime in that movie as well compared to the humans.

I mean, yeah I can see why the human plot in 2014 is bad, it does get pretty cringe in places. But to use the fact it focuses too much time on the humans against the movie is just silly because Godzilla 2014 isn't even the first movie in the franchise to do so. It wasn't even the second, third, or even fourth!
    Nobody said it's the first movie of Godzilla's franchise to focus on humans.
    But we're not talking about Godzilla's movie from another generation where there were technical limitations. Now we're going to IMAX theaters with Dolby surround 9.1 to see cutting-edge CGI 100m-high monsters hitting each other.

Godzilla 2014 was like, hey Godzilla will appear on screen fighting against his enemy *switches from Hawaii to San Francisco (?) where you can see the fight happening on a 10inch tv in the background while NPCs are talking about their miserable life nobody cares about*

Godzilla KotM was the same. Hey mate, Godzilla and Mothra will be fighting Rodan + Ghidorah ! Damn 2v2 that will be epic ! *camera switches from the fight to useless man looking for his useless girl/boy (don't even remember) somewhere where neither should be in the first place* *camera switches back to the fight, oh, Godzilla nearly dead already lol sorry*
    Then Mothra sacrifices, ready for Godzilla round 2 ! LOL U THOUGHT *cameras switches back to useless dude*

I mean, Godzilla movies are 4 seconds of fight for 10 minutes of useless human drama. Not even full scale drama. But more like "where is my identity card, I'm sure I had it in my pocket 2 minutes ago" drama.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody does. Eventually we all regress to primitive, caveman-like tribal societies with Ice Age technology and worship these monsters like gods. Kind of like that game 'Primal Rage' back in the day.
    Who decides all that?

Also, I never heard of Primal Rage. Bloody Roar yes, Primal Rage nope.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Who decides all that?

Also, I never heard of Primal Rage. Bloody Roar yes, Primal Rage nope.

It was sarcasm.

I am curious on what is wrong with Godzilla
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor