Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I'm confused now..other skeleton?

Yeah... so in the prequel graphic novel for 'Godzilla: King of the Monsters' it establishes the the past a member of Godzilla's race, worshipped as "Dagon" fought and lost to MUTO Prime, the mother of the 2 MUTOs in 'Godzilla (2014) film, and she put her eggs into Dagon that once they eventually hatched, sucked away it's radiation until it killed it.

AND in the 'Godzilla (2014)' film near the beginning, when they first discover the MUTO eggs they are inside of a massive skeleton. Dagon's skeleton.

Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-01-26 at 07:05 PM.

Now I have to watch the OG film. Love the janky suits.

Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

BREAKING NEWS! ...well not really "breaking" per se but still news.

The domestic release of the film (theaters and HBO Max) has been pushed back a week to March 31st.

SOURCE: https://variety.com/2021/film/news/g...es-1234889930/

‘Godzilla vs. Kong’ Release Date Moves Back a Week

“Godzilla vs. Kong” is on the move — again.

Shortly after Warner Bros. bumped up the film’s release date two months earlier than expected, from May 21 to March 26, the studio has postponed its domestic premiere by another week. Now, “Godzilla vs. Kong” will debut on March 31 simultaneously in movie theaters and on the streaming service HBO Max. The monster mash-up will launch internationally, where HBO Max is not available, ahead of North America on March 26.

As part of the scheduling announcement, Warner Bros. has added James Wan’s horror movie “Malignant” back to the calendar, setting the thriller for Sept. 10.

“Godzilla vs. Kong’s” latest delay was made in response to news that MGM was postponing James Bond sequel “No Time to Die” from April 2 to Oct. 8. Sony’s “Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway,” which had also been set for April 2, was delayed to June. With most movies vacating early 2021 release dates, “Godzilla vs. Kong” will open the Wednesday prior to Universal’s action thriller “Nobody” starring Bob Odenkirk.

COME ON LET ME JUST SEE THE FUCKING MOVIE ALREADY.

Just another King Kong movie.
    Just another Godzilla movie.
    *But still goes to see it.*

Pushed back?! Whoever did this needs a flying Godzilla kick to the face.

Push it back to end of summer, after the pandemic, you are just throwing money away by releasing it in the spring...and I want to see it in cinema when people have had their vaccines n i can watch this thing on imax with a large popcorn a bigass drinks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Yeah... so in the prequel graphic novel for 'Godzilla: King of the Monsters' it establishes the the past a member of Godzilla's race, worshipped as "Dagon" fought and lost to MUTO Prime, the mother of the 2 MUTOs in 'Godzilla (2014) film, and she put her eggs into Dagon that once they eventually hatched, sucked away it's radiation until it killed it.

AND in the 'Godzilla (2014)' film near the beginning, when they first discover the MUTO eggs they are inside of a massive skeleton. Dagon's skeleton.
    I have to watch it again, not my favorite godzilla movie, had way too much humies in it..

yawn - stupid film

Just watched the trailer and it seems very much like.... my dad can beat up your dad.
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

Yay its comin to cinemas on march. But im not sure there will be any open cinema in here on march xD #covid19

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Yay its comin to cinemas on march. But im not sure there will be any open cinema in here on march xD #covid19
    Pretty sure it will also be on HBO Max
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

Random question I've been wondering since the original movies: Who has to pay for the trillions in property damage and loss of human life?

Of course, there's not much you can do about death and destruction caused by The Ultimate Force of Nature.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Random question I've been wondering since the original movies: Who has to pay for the trillions in property damage and loss of human life?

Of course, there's not much you can do about death and destruction caused by The Ultimate Force of Nature.

Nobody does. Eventually we all regress to primitive, caveman-like tribal societies with Ice Age technology and worship these monsters like gods. Kind of like that game 'Primal Rage' back in the day.

I think we would get a different looking architecture in that kaiju world, no skyscrapers.

I still don't get how Kong is ever supposed to be a match for Godzilla.

Yeah yeah, none of it is supposed to make sense, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I have to watch it again, not my favorite godzilla movie, had way too much humies in it..
    I never quite understood why people keep holding the "way too many humans" against Godzilla 2014. People hardly complain that "the human side plotline sucks", which is a valid complaint, but mostly the argument is over the fact that the movies focus too much time on the humans. And I am like, HAVE YOU EVEN WATCHED GODZILLA!?

Many of the Showa series also focus a lot of time on the human side. Including the original Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla, although that admittedly is one of the weaker of the Showa series. I've watched Ebirah, Terror of the Deep recently, and Godzilla had a low amount of screentime in that movie as well compared to the humans.

I mean, yeah I can see why the human plot in 2014 is bad, it does get pretty cringe in places. But to use the fact it focuses too much time on the humans against the movie is just silly because Godzilla 2014 isn't even the first movie in the franchise to do so. It wasn't even the second, third, or even fourth!

Sorry for the long winded rant.

Also a fair warning for those whom haven't seen the old showa series from the 70's and earlier, it can... get quite silly.

But I love it all the same!

The Showa era were mostly silly fun, but they really shit the bed with the films centered around Minilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I still don't get how Kong is ever supposed to be a match for Godzilla.

Yeah yeah, none of it is supposed to make sense, I know.

Apart from his size increase, and from what we saw in the trailer, Kong has speed. He was quick to throw that "superman punch" on the navy ship and then we see him soaring through the air with the axe about to smash (Mecha)Godzilla's face in.

I've always held that, regardless of size between the two, Kong doesn't really have any durability compared to Godzilla. He's flesh and blood. He is easily cut/slashed and burned as seen in 'Kong: Skull Island' but I suppose you could make the case that, after growing to the size he has because of the radiation coming from Skull Island, he also has potentially gained some form of "super" durability that the Titans have. How far that goes in a fight between the two remains to be seen.

But also-- it's probably one of those things where we, the viewers, shouldn't concern ourselves with such details as to it making sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    The Showa era were mostly silly fun, but they really shit the bed with the films centered around Minilla.

Funny enough, 'Godzilla's Revenge' was the first VHS I got of Godzilla when I was a kid.

Funny enough, 'Godzilla's Revenge' was the first VHS I got of Godzilla when I was a kid.
    The titles for the movie make it sound awesome. Godzilla's Revenge? All Monsters Attack? Yes!

The trailer itself portrays it as "Godzilla is hurting people and we don't know why" so one could just assume that he feels threatened by Kong.

However, it's most likely not really Godzilla we see in the trailer. It is most likely MechaGodzilla.

In my opinion, the real Godzilla knows Fake Godzilla is out there stirring up some shit. The world thinks Fake Godzilla is actually the real Godzilla, so they get Kong to "deal" with him. Won't be until the end of the film where all parties realize it was Fake Godzilla the whole time
    Mechagodzilla is definitely in the film as we see it once and evidence of it in a different scene. But I think we are 100% getting Godzilla vs Kong. Or else what is the "ancient war" they're talking about?

Full movie plot: Godzilla is attacking power plants or something and the world freaks out. They bring Kong from Skull Island to fight him after finding evidence of this "ancient war". After the fight the real villain of the movie brings out Mechagodzilla built from the bones of Godzilla's ancestors to finish off Kong and rule the world. This was the reason Godzilla was attacking. Kong and Godzilla team up to fight it.
    Last edited by Jurani; 2021-01-28 at 02:25 AM.

*queue hip hop music* Yeah! Uh! Uh huh! Alright! Kong baby!
    *make Kong 20x bigger* That's right! Time to slam!
    *Godzilla getting owned in the trailer and his super move denied* Gozilla is hurting people and we don't know why!!!!!! It has nothing to do with him being spiritually castrated!!!

In the 2014 movie they acted all super spooky and mysterious and didn't show Godzilla in the trailer, barely showed him in 3 quarters of the movie, now he's just geting wtfbbqpwn Falcon punched out of the trailer to DMX music lol!!! Nice bro!!

Hollyweird is a joke.