Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Destruction Comes Early: Godzilla vs. Kong Will Debut on HBO Max in March.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...x-in-march/amp
    JORDAN HOFFMAN JANUARY 16, 2021 12:28 PM

Since Warner Bros. has already made the unusual decision to release its 2021 calendar direct to HBO Max concurrent with its muted theatrical window, why not get things going earlier? As such, Godzilla vs. Kong, the clobbering monster mash originally set for November 2020, and then pushed to May 2021, has been yanked back to a much more just-round-the-corner March 26.

This announcement comes just days after an agreement was made between Warner Bros., distributor, and Legendary, financier of 75 percent of the picture. The two companies were at odds after the surprise decision to release films "day and date" on HBO Max, especially since Netflix had made a $225 million bid for the new monster movie.

Let's fucking goooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Also, pretty cool teaser:

5+ Year Old Account
    Loox cool, but i wanted to see it on cinema ./cry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Loox cool, but i wanted to see it on cinema ./cry

Isn't it still coming out both to cinema and HBO Max? Even now in March?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Isn't it still coming out both to cinema and HBO Max? Even now in March?
    Cinemas r closed, hbo max is only in US i think, only way to see movie, just like wonder woman 1984 is through torrent..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    HBO Max is supposedly going to be coming to Europe and Latin America this year. And it's still a ways off so it's possible your cinemas will be open by then.
    Vaccines are only for select groups at start, massive roll outs seems to come towards summer, but i hope um wrong, but even then im not sure restrictions will be lifted..

My dyslexia played me with the thread title. Read it as "Dong is HUGE"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSkull View Post
    My dyslexia played me with the thread title. Read it as "Dong is HUGE"

Such meme potential here.

I intent to rent out an entire theater just for myself and family. Any word on if it's getting an IMAX release?

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn HBO not having Max in scandinavia. Hbo nordic sucks. At least they'll merge the two services at some point this year, I've heard..
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Pretty unfair fight when they boost Kong his size toward the same as Godzilla.
    Either they slow Kong down or Godzilla is going to get his ass kicked.
    Yeah it really is, I mean obv they both have their own strengths and weaknesses. But the movie is going to throw all logic out the window, Kong technically could just snap it's neck. Jurassic park showed this when they had a trex with no arm mobility fight against something similar in size and power that did have arm mobility.
    Although we haven't seen it yet so who knows

10+ Year Old Account
    They may very well team up together against a big bad BUT it has been announced that we will have a clear winner between Godzilla and Kong (so maybe *I hope* Godzilla wins but is interrupted and then Kong "could" have killed Godzilla but instead turns on the big bad and thus the team up happens.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see this in a theater, but am glad I have the option of staying home for this and hopefully Dune and Matrix.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

I'd prefer this iteration.

5+ Year Old Account
    Godzilla vs. Kong First Trailer Releases This Sunday.

https://screenrant.com/godzilla-vs-k...ate-confirmed/
    BY GRAEME GUTTMANN 3 HOURS AGO

The first Godzilla vs Kong movie trailer releases this weekend. The long-awaited sequel will finally see the two titular monsters go head-to-head in an all out war. The monsterverse fight was originally slated for May 26 but was recently bumped up to March 26. It will remain on HBO Max for a month after its release. The release comes following weeks of conflict after Warner Bros. announced the plans for their 2021 slate in early December.

7+ Year Old Account
    the imagine above is dope.

Not gonna lie, i was never much a fan of godzilla, always though his body is too weird and not make much sense, bugs me.

Kong is a fucking giant gorilla, just that, i always saw gorilas as killing machines of how they are build, pure muscle, if i remember well Kong "won" in the old movie right? and godzilla went into the sea presumed dead but nor rly, ad kong went back to his home swimming fucked up

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the imagine above is dope.

Not gonna lie, i was never much a fan of godzilla, always though his body is too weird and not make much sense, bugs me.

Kong is a fucking giant gorilla, just that, i always saw gorilas as killing machines of how they are build, pure muscle, if i remember well Kong "won" in the old movie right? and godzilla went into the sea presumed dead but nor rly, ad kong went back to his home swimming fucked up
    The problem with all the western kaiju adaptation is that the monster are too realistic. None of the anime shit has the monster moving like slow lizard and banging stuff with huge force. Kaiju monsters are usually pretty agile and move fast which makes them look more intimidating compared to Godzilla who is basically just slow immortal sledgehammer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kong will have to outsmart and open up hard and quick, otherwise I feel like Godzilla just ramps up in power over time and will eventually atomic breath the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Yeah it really is, I mean obv they both have their own strengths and weaknesses. But the movie is going to throw all logic out the window, Kong technically could just snap it's neck. Jurassic park showed this when they had a trex with no arm mobility fight against something similar in size and power that did have arm mobility.
    Although we haven't seen it yet so who knows
    The fact that Godzilla is outright radioactive as will can help weakening Kong

Anyway, I really don't expect them to fight one v one all the movie. Another threat incoming, which I hope won't be spoiled by the trailer, Destroyorah would make sense after the second movie

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    The problem with all the western kaiju adaptation is that the monster are too realistic. None of the anime shit has the monster moving like slow lizard and banging stuff with huge force. Kaiju monsters are usually pretty agile and move fast which makes them look more intimidating compared to Godzilla who is basically just slow immortal sledgehammer.
    What are you even trying to say? This version of Godzilla has basically been a love letter to stuff like this:

Mechagodzilla notwithstanding.

Obviously they're going to move like a creature that looks like that would, if it actually existed. Since they no longer have to rely on guys in mascot costumes to play these characters.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-01-22 at 06:50 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Kong is about to do Mortal Strike with his 2h