Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So is this movie a sequel to anything, or is it all original? Godzilla and King Kong have been rebooted so many times it's hard to tell.

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    So is this movie a sequel to anything, or is it all original? Godzilla and King Kong have been rebooted so many times it's hard to tell.
    Sequel to Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island (2017) and Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019).

Part of what they call the MonsterVerse, which is like a Marvel-esque shared cinematic universe.

They are all pretty good popcorn flicks. Stupid, big and loud popcorn flicks.
    - Dare not to sleep -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Who decides all that?

Also, I never heard of Primal Rage. Bloody Roar yes, Primal Rage nope.
    Primal Rage was an old 2D fighting game(originally an arcade, then brought to SNES, Sega, and other systems) set in a post-apocalyptic Earth where the players took the role of one of I think 8 supernatural dinosaurs/giant apes who were worshiped as gods by the surviving humans(you could eat them during fights to regain some health). It had all the typical post-MK fighting game tropes of special moves, blood, and fatalities as well as a couple of "crude" moves(one of the apes had a fatality where he pisses on his opponent).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Now I have to watch the OG film. Love the janky suits.

Original English Dub enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post

Original English Dub enjoy.
    Thanks! It's so bad I love it, and made me want to revisit King Kong Escapes. I remember Linda Jo Miller being quite the cutie.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

#teamGodzilla

More characters for posting plz
    Facts don't care about feelings

My website (read my and other's novels here first!) https://www.the-fiction-factory.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Kong: Skull Island Show Coming To Netflix Following Shipwreck Characters.

https://screenrant.com/kong-skull-is...story-details/
    BY RACHEL LABONTE 16 HOURS AGO

Taking place in the 1970s, Kong: Skull Island follows a scientific expedition to the mysterious titular island, which is home to various terrifying creatures. The humans' arrival on Skull Island puts them on a collision course with the monsters and introduces them to the king of the island: Kong. It starred Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, John C. Reilly, and John Goodman, among others. In earning $566.7 million worldwide, it is currently the highest-grossing movie within the MonsterVerse. Up until now, however, there hasn't been a direct follow-up to the project.

Today, Netflix has announced the development of an anime series titled Skull Island. Described as a new chapter in the MonsterVerse, Skull Island will follow shipwrecked characters as they try to escape their dangerous surroundings, which of course are home to "prehistoric monsters, including the greatest titan of them all, Kong." Brian Duffield (Underwater) will serve as a writer and executive producer. Also executive producing is Jacob Robinson under his company Tractor Pants. Powerhouse Animation, the studio behind Castlevania and Blood of Zeus, will work on Skull Island.

In moving to animation and Netflix, the MonsterVerse is growing in a brand new direction. Skull Island presents the opportunity to further develop the strange location, which so far has really only been shown in the 2017 film. It isn't clear as to when in the MonsterVerse timeline Skull Island will take place, but it seems likely it will be sometime after the movie itself. Since Godzilla vs. Kong will see the giant ape leaving Skull Island, the anime will have to take place well before that, so it will potentially fall somewhere between the two.

It also seems likely Skull Island will be populated by entirely new characters, so audiences shouldn't expect to hear Hiddleston or Larson lending their voices. There could be references to the characters found within Kong: Skull Island, particularly in the case of Reilly's Hank Marlow. He lived on the island for decades before the start of the film, and he surely left a mark on the area. All told, there are many possibilities for where this new Kong: Skull Island project can go, and it will be interesting to see how it impacts the MonsterVerse.

This is... interesting, I guess. Not a fan of it taking place back in the 70's but I suppose it makes sense as it will take place within the MonsterVerse.

Now I have to watch Netflix for Godzilla: Singular Point and now this. Damn it man.

Anyone else got the feeling it’s going to go the way of Batman vs Superman where they beat the heck out of each other and end up teaming up on a bigger bad?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by TrickNasty View Post
    Anyone else got the feeling it’s going to go the way of Batman vs Superman where they beat the heck out of each other and end up teaming up on a bigger bad?
    Anyone get the feeling "someone" isn't reading other posts? Shit's been repeated plenty..

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Anyone get the feeling "someone" isn't reading other posts? Shit's been repeated plenty..
    Daww at least you took time to reply!

Also no I hadn’t. I only just realized this was 10 pages deep and hadn’t taken the time to search it.

10+ Year Old Account

Unless the movie throws us a massive swerve and MechaGodzilla is revealed and dealt with halfway through the movie, and the last half is purely Kong versus (real) Godzilla.

One must fall, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Unless the movie throws us a massive swerve and MechaGodzilla is revealed and dealt with halfway through the movie, and the last half is purely Kong versus (real) Godzilla.

One must fall, after all.
    I feel like after 2020, we all deserve to see Kong riding piggy back on Godzilla to go fight mechagodzilla while wielding a battle axe.

10+ Year Old Account
    More of the same, but this time with atomic bitch slap.

Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    More of the same, but this time with atomic bitch slap.

I feel so satisfied after watching that slap
    Facts don't care about feelings

My website (read my and other's novels here first!) https://www.the-fiction-factory.com/

I don't want to listen to anything -KING KONG !!!

It wasn't really shown that Skull Island Kong was vulnerable to bullets. We did see that he was cut up a bit by helicopter props. And even though he didn't seem terribly affected by fire, the inferno depriving him of oxygen did temporarily render him unconscious.

But yeah... Godzilla fully nuclear is...god-mode. Unless the writers are good enough and creative enough, I can't see Kong eking out a win unless it's against mecha-Godzilla.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    He's physically strong, but again...he (relatively) has no durability. He's flesh and blood like you and I, just really large. He's vulnerable to everything we are, including bullets, fire, etc.
    he have the same resistance as Godzila and other kaiju, he is also a radioactive monster.
    Half the premise of Kong's movie was, "How do we keep people from killing this ape?" whereas with Godzilla it's, "How can we even hurt this thing?"

right, but this kong is in another universe, he is not a normal gorila.

Godzilla might be dumber and clumsier, but he's also practically invulnerable and can turn into a walking nuclear core if he feels like it. Assuming that the movies respect their own continuity, it really should be no contest. I would have to assume that - as others have thought - their battle won't be conclusive and there will be some other big bad to fight instead.
    are you rly that oblivious to the monsterverse universe? everyone of the kaijus are a walking nucelar core, they feed on the nuclear energy

and rly, just watch the trailer, they are more or less equal

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It wasn't really shown that Skull Island Kong was vulnerable to bullets. We did see that he was cut up a bit by helicopter props. And even though he didn't seem terribly affected by fire, the inferno depriving him of oxygen did temporarily render him unconscious.

But yeah... Godzilla fully nuclear is...god-mode. Unless the writers are good enough and creative enough, I can't see Kong eking out a win unless it's against mecha-Godzilla.
    Kong was a child there, obviously he would be injured by the blades of a helicopter, but seeing how he did well with the skull crawlers he did pretty good.

Now Kong grow up and he is the size of godzila, like other kaiju, how he cannot be a match to him? remember that godzila cannot do what he did with gidorah again.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    remember that godzila cannot do what he did with gidorah again.
    No. Godzilla typically uses radiation for healing...and if he swallows another nuke again, there's nothing that says history won't repeat itself...going nuke hot. The only question would be how Kong handles it.

"save.....Mothra!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    "save.....Mothra!"
    "Why... did you say that name?"