Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I can't believe I chuckled... I need sleep.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    You ask if I'm oblivious, then you suggest that Skull Island was another universe?
    its the same universe, and he is not just a giant ape like the old movies, he is also a radioactive monster

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    No. Godzilla typically uses radiation for healing...and if he swallows another nuke again, there's nothing that says history won't repeat itself...going nuke hot. The only question would be how Kong handles it.
    And he will not be eating another nuke, that is cheap and would not be rly his power, is like a cheat.

5+ Year Old Account
    the Stranger Things kids wander into the soviet base? Find mechagodzilla?

promo material, mechagodzilla, looks like a terminator..

10+ Year Old Account
    YouTube teaser clips are starting to show too much for how long we have to wait.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Mechagodzilla would explain a lot.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Since there has been no official statement in regards to more MonsterVerse films, here is a quote from Adam Wingard, director of 'GvK', to the future:

"Well, I guess like any sequel that’s up to if people are super into this one. Which, I’m biased, but I think they’ll definitely be into it. Who knows what the future holds, but if the fan enthusiasm is there, absolutely. Why would we ever want to end this if people want more?"

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/256...-honest-answer

I'm at least glad he is willing to do more if people like this film, but I'm not naive to think it's only the fandom's reception of the film that will ultimately decide. The film has to make money too. It certainly can become a case of the movie being received very well but if it can't even break even, then there is no chance.

Also, and this is not confirmed by any means, but keeping up with the fan Twitter accounts that do a lot of Internet searching and keep up with the Japanese side of kaiju films I have been reading that Toho Studios has been waiting "patiently" to fire up their shared cinematic Godzilla universe (that was announced by them a couple of years ago) and the theory is that the Godzilla license that Legendary Entertainment has will not be renewed after GvK. I'm not sure why we can't have two cinematic versions of Godzilla at the same time, since we did have Shin Godzilla in 2016, but who knows?

So this means all of you must purchase and re-purchase GvK over and over and over and over and over and over.

I'll probably see it a few times at the cinema, but there needs to be a good coherent script...if mecha gets nailed by a nuke with no effect there had better be a damn good reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone leaked 25 seconds of GvK footage on YouTube.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Movie ruined. No reason for me to watch it now. Thanks a lot interwebs.

I’m super excited to check it out when they finally let us see it in the US.
    I'm still pumped from the toy-con leak a year ago.

Hey now...boots off!

So is mechagodzilla the bad guy that needs them to team up after they are done with a few battles where they both kind of won?

This is a pretty cool and amazing movie. You can see them in a lot of places.

Spam isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2021-03-26 at 05:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    So is mechagodzilla the bad guy that needs them to team up after they are done with a few battles where they both kind of won?
    Yeah, that's pretty much the trope for team-ups. Can't wait! Soon™!

5+ Year Old Account
    ‘Godzilla Vs Kong’ Nears $50M In China Through Saturday; Full Overseas Bow Now Punching To $100M+

By Nancy Tartaglione
    March 27, 2021 9:30am

SATURDAY UPDATE: After a strong start on Friday, Warner Bros/Legendary’s Godzilla Vs Kong punched up another estimated $28M (RMB 183.5M) on Saturday in China. That’s a 33% increase from Friday’s opening which, per actuals, was $21.1M (RMB 137M). Depending on the Sunday numbers, it may be a tight fight to top Godzilla: King Of The Monsters’ China debut of $66M (unadjusted), but signs are looking positive. The current estimated cume in China through two days is RMB 320.4M ($49M).

Just out of China, GVK imminently bests Warner Bros’ Tenet ($53M) as the biggest offshore Hollywood opening since Covid began. With what we understand is strong play amongst the other 37 overseas markets where GVK is debuting, the full international box office weekend is now looking like it will top $100M.

The Adam Wingard-directed fourth entry in the modern monster series, which Legendary handles and markets in China, held its 9 score with audiences on Maoyan and the tracker is now projecting an RMB 900.5M ($138M) ultimate finish in the market. That’s higher than where they were seeing it yesterday and would just edge King Of The Monsters’ full final run of $135.4M (also unadjusted). GVK is leading pre-sales through next Thursday and then there’s some competition from local pic My Sister debuting on Friday April 2.

Communist party mouthpiece The Global Times chimed in on GVK this week saying the latest entry in the franchise “hopefully brings what Chinese audiences are happy to see: dazzling special effects and exciting fight scenes between giant monsters.” This was after suggesting the previous week that Hollywood needs to “make an adjustment” to how it markets movies to China.

Elsewhere, GVK saw a stunning 204% increase from Friday to Saturday in Korea where it has now grossed $1.8M across three days. We also hear there have been big jumps in other markets.

We’ll have a full update on Sunday.

- - - Updated - - -

it's now sunday, no cinemas open, no hbo max in europe, no torrents even...I had popcorn n everything prepared for the weekend...

my disappointment knows no bounds..

- - - Updated - - -

plz vote good review for GvsK if u like it, once you have seen the movie...so we end up with a more honest viewer rating take on the movie..

Godzilla vs Kong Gets Review Bombed By Snyderverse Fans Angry With WB.

https://screenrant.com/godzilla-vs-k...b-review-bomb/
    BY COOPER HOOD
    PUBLISHED 47 MINUTES AGO

Some Snyderverse fans are review bombing Godzilla vs. Kong due to their anger with Warner Bros. Godzilla vs. Kong is the latest installment of WB and Legendary's MonsterVerse franchise that started in 2014. It is the fourth film to come from the universe but the first to see Godzilla and King Kong share the screen. The MonsterVerse is one of the many cinematic universes WB has created in recent years, such as the Lego Universe and the DC Extended Universe.

Godzilla vs. Kong is currently out in theaters internationally and only a few days away from a simultaneous release in theaters and on HBO Max in the United States. The early response to the monster mashup has been fairly positive. Godzilla vs. Kong's social media reactions and the first batch of reviews tease a satisfying blockbuster for fans of the MonsterVerse. Despite the film's apparent quality, it is now being review bombed because of its connection to Warner Bros.

Following the release of Zack Snyder's Justice League, fans are now campaigning for WB to #RestoreTheSnyderVerse and some have begun targeting Godzilla vs. Kong's release. The film's IMDb page (via CBR) has a 7.5 user rating already, but a small number of Snyder fans are attempting to drop its rating by posting 1-star reviews. At the time of this writing, Godzilla vs. Kong has forty-four 1-star reviews, and thirty-three of them directly attribute this rating to WB's refusal to #RestoreTheSnyderVerse. However, Godzilla vs. Kong has over 9,000 user reviews so far and the small attack has led others, including Snyder supporters, to give the movie a 10-star rating to negate the review bombing attempt.

So far, the attempts to review bomb Godzilla vs. Kong haven't proven to be too successful and is only happening on IMDb. This could change over time if more #RestoreTheSnyderVerse supporters adopt this strategy and metrics like Rotten Tomatoes allow user reviews for the film. The decision to review bomb Godzilla vs. Kong comes on the heels of Warner Bros. CEO Ann Sarnoff saying that the studio will not make more of Snyder's DC movies, even though Zack Snyder's Justice League appeared to be a big hit for HBO Max. This likely won't work in the favor of these select Snyder fans, though, and could further diminish the desire from those at WB to cater to this fan base.

Review bombing isn't a new strategy for individuals to express their anger over the direction of a franchise or movie. Captain Marvel was one of the biggest targets of review bombing, as people tanked its user rating on Rotten Tomatoes due to comments made by Brie Larson. This forced Rotten Tomatoes to change its rules to try and prevent those who haven't seen a new movie from purposefully bringing down its score. Thankfully, Godzilla vs. Kong should be able to withstand this minor review bomb attempt.

What a bunch of children. If they want their "Snyder Verse" back so much, they should just review bomb the Snyder Cut or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    These people certainly live in the EntitlementVerse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me guess, I'd need a subscription to HBO or some shit to watch it online? Legally, of course.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Let me guess, I'd need a subscription to HBO or some shit to watch it online? Legally, of course.
    Yes, legally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick synopsis of the fights.

Godzilla fights Kong and a human armada out in the ocean. Kong gets a few hits on Godzilla but Godzilla eventually gets the upper hand and drags Kong down to the depths where he is nearly drowned. Some depth charges loosen Godzilla’s grip and Kong gets back to his cargo ship and then the armada and Kong submit to Godzilla by not fighting back and shutting down all power. Godzilla leaves at that point thinking Kong has submitted to his Alpha status.

They fight a second time in Hong Kong. Kong quickly gains the upper hand thanks to his ancestral Kong species axe. But he doesn’t finish Godzilla while he’s down and Godzilla comes back and thrashes Kong to the point where he submits again and is left to die of his wounds by Godzilla.

The third fight has Mecha Godzilla easily defeating Godzilla, but the main human characters use their ship as a huge AED to restart Kongs dying heart and get Kong back in the fight. One of them signs to Kong that Godzilla isn’t the real threat, Mecha Godzilla is, so Kong and Godzilla team up to defeat the superior threat in Mecha Godzilla. They actually are losing the fight for a bit, but Godzilla powers up Kong’s axe with his atomic breath and then Kong uses it to slice through Mecha Godzilla’s appendages, then Kong delivers the death blow by ripping off it partially severed head.

Godzilla challenges Kong after the fight as Kong still holds the axe, but Kong drops the axe and Godzilla leaves him be and heads back into the sea.

It’s implied that Godzilla rules the Earth’s crust and Kong leaves to head back to Hollow Earth to rule there. So they both have their territory.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2021-03-31 at 03:33 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

It was better than Wonder Woman at least.

But seriously, it filled the role of a popcorn flick quite well. The effects are good, story is pretty predictable but there really should be no surprise there. Brain off and enjoy the show.

#TeamGodzilla