Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Clearly the director was biased towards godzilla n gave him plot armor, kong cleanly strikes him with his 2h kaiju killing axe, yet the fat lizard just returns with no visible wounds or slowing down, he keeps reseting regardless of the sheer punishment he takes, should at least get slower, BUT NO.

He needs to get some nuke revive himself in last movie against king ghidorah, here he is as good as new, godzilla just types "reload game"

That axe destroys mechagodzilla (who was superior to godzilla n beat the living shit out of him...) sure axe got empowered, but it got that too when godzilla tried to blast kong...

...then kong does mortal strike/execute with axe....godzilla isn't even limping in next round...BULLSHIT MOVIE...still, pretty entertaining...but kong should have won.

1st fight doesn't count, it was in water...that's like fighting Rodan in lava n then say Rodan is the bestest kaiju...
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-04-01 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    Do I need to watch the previous films to know what's going on? I've only seen the 2014 Godzilla, and haven't seen Kong: Skull Island or Godzilla: King of Monsters. Not really interested in going through two other movies just to watch this one, but may check it out if otherwise.
    It's a giant monkey fighting a giant lizard....I mean at this point the "story" aspect is such a shallow part of the movie that not having seen the the other movies (Godzilla 2 and King Kong) doesn't really mean much for the overal aspect of the story.

There are some tie-ins to the previous storys but honestly they aren't really impacting the overal story. You have a new "main human" cast that you follow most of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Clearly the director was biased towards godzilla n gave him plot armor, kong cleanly strikes him with his 2h kaiju killing axe, yet the fat lizard just returns with no visible wounds or slowing down, he keeps reseting regardless of the sheer punishment he takes, should at least get slower, BUT NO.

He needs to get some nuke revive himself in last movie against king ghidorah, here he is as good as new, godzilla just types "reload game"

That axe destroys mechagodzilla (who was superior to godzilla n beat the living shit out of him...) sure axe got empowered, but it got that too when godzilla tried to hit kong with it, then kong does mortal strike/execute with it...godzilla isn't even limping in next round...BULLSHIT MOVIE...still, pretty entertaining...but kong should have won.

1st fight doesn't count, it was in water...that's like fighting Rodan in lava n then say Rodan is the bestest kaiju...
    I mean compared to King Kong getting a power boost by electricity?
    I liked the original movie but it was ridiculous back then and it's kind of stupid now, sure they changed it a little but the essence of that scene stayed the same.

10+ Year Old Account

That axe destroys mechagodzilla (who was superior to godzilla n beat the living shit out of him...) sure axe got empowered, but it got that too when godzilla tried to blast kong...

...then kong does mortal strike/execute with axe....godzilla isn't even limping in next round...BULLSHIT MOVIE...still, pretty entertaining...but kong should have won.

I'm Team Kong all day but if you want to get down to it, they souped Kong up a lot. Even the Kong in this universe prior to this movie got a sudden power boost without any explanation.

Now what they did great is have Kong utilize his brain over brute force. Kong made up for his smaller size by being smart. Great addition.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I'm Team Kong all day but if you want to get down to it, they souped Kong up a lot. Even the Kong in this universe prior to this movie got a sudden power boost without any explanation.

Now what they did great is have Kong utilize his brain over brute force. Kong made up for his smaller size by being smart. Great addition.
    If u mean kong should be size in peter jackson's movie, no that was way too small kong, he should be bigger than that..

Btw he is still growing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    Do I need to watch the previous films to know what's going on? I've only seen the 2014 Godzilla, and haven't seen Kong: Skull Island or Godzilla: King of Monsters. Not really interested in going through two other movies just to watch this one, but may check it out if otherwise.
    Those two movies are kick ass, vastly superior to the 2014 movie, u need to watch them for entertainment purpose at least..

- - - Updated - - -

So...what's next for the mosterverse?

I want mechagodzilla to return plz...

It's funny you describe it like this because I felt like I was watching video game trailers/cutscenes. Didn't help I watched it on my computer rather than my tv because the last HBO app update added a bug that put a gray line down the side of the tv screen.

I appreciated you could actually see the fights. Too many movies (I'm looking at you DC) hide their CGI with poor lighting, but this was well lit and you could see everything that was happening.

I also like with these movies they don't even try to explain any of the technology, it just is and we have to go with it.

So...what's next for the mosterverse?

I want mechagodzilla to return plz...
    Most likely Destoroyah will be the next big bad monster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    Agreed.

But I think we may see Kong get his own stand alone movie set in Hollow Earth, finding and defeating a threat there, before they circle back to Destoroyah, who is probably a big enough threat that it'll take a team up effort again and who they set up with the Oxygen destroyer bomb from KotM. Mothra might make another appearance as well as the original laid an egg before her sacrifice in KotM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Fun movie, some really great cinematography with the Hollow Earth stuff, I think the part where Kong says his Mom's name is Martha was my favorite.
    hahahaha oh you win!

- - - Updated - - -

‘Godzilla Vs Kong’ Nears $50M In China Through Saturday; Full Overseas Bow Now Punching To $100M+

By Nancy Tartaglione
    March 27, 2021 9:30am

SATURDAY UPDATE: After a strong start on Friday, Warner Bros/Legendary’s Godzilla Vs Kong punched up another estimated $28M (RMB 183.5M) on Saturday in China. That’s a 33% increase from Friday’s opening which, per actuals, was $21.1M (RMB 137M). Depending on the Sunday numbers, it may be a tight fight to top Godzilla: King Of The Monsters’ China debut of $66M (unadjusted), but signs are looking positive. The current estimated cume in China through two days is RMB 320.4M ($49M).

Just out of China, GVK imminently bests Warner Bros’ Tenet ($53M) as the biggest offshore Hollywood opening since Covid began. With what we understand is strong play amongst the other 37 overseas markets where GVK is debuting, the full international box office weekend is now looking like it will top $100M.

The Adam Wingard-directed fourth entry in the modern monster series, which Legendary handles and markets in China, held its 9 score with audiences on Maoyan and the tracker is now projecting an RMB 900.5M ($138M) ultimate finish in the market. That’s higher than where they were seeing it yesterday and would just edge King Of The Monsters’ full final run of $135.4M (also unadjusted). GVK is leading pre-sales through next Thursday and then there’s some competition from local pic My Sister debuting on Friday April 2.

Communist party mouthpiece The Global Times chimed in on GVK this week saying the latest entry in the franchise “hopefully brings what Chinese audiences are happy to see: dazzling special effects and exciting fight scenes between giant monsters.” This was after suggesting the previous week that Hollywood needs to “make an adjustment” to how it markets movies to China.

Elsewhere, GVK saw a stunning 204% increase from Friday to Saturday in Korea where it has now grossed $1.8M across three days. We also hear there have been big jumps in other markets.

We’ll have a full update on Sunday.

- - - Updated - - -

it's now sunday, no cinemas open, no hbo max in europe, no torrents even...I had popcorn n everything prepared for the weekend...

my disappointment knows no bounds..

- - - Updated - - -

plz vote good review for GvsK if u like it, once you have seen the movie...so we end up with a more honest viewer rating take on the movie..

Godzilla vs Kong Gets Review Bombed By Snyderverse Fans Angry With WB.

https://screenrant.com/godzilla-vs-k...b-review-bomb/
    BY COOPER HOOD
    PUBLISHED 47 MINUTES AGO

Some Snyderverse fans are review bombing Godzilla vs. Kong due to their anger with Warner Bros. Godzilla vs. Kong is the latest installment of WB and Legendary's MonsterVerse franchise that started in 2014. It is the fourth film to come from the universe but the first to see Godzilla and King Kong share the screen. The MonsterVerse is one of the many cinematic universes WB has created in recent years, such as the Lego Universe and the DC Extended Universe.

Godzilla vs. Kong is currently out in theaters internationally and only a few days away from a simultaneous release in theaters and on HBO Max in the United States. The early response to the monster mashup has been fairly positive. Godzilla vs. Kong's social media reactions and the first batch of reviews tease a satisfying blockbuster for fans of the MonsterVerse. Despite the film's apparent quality, it is now being review bombed because of its connection to Warner Bros.

Following the release of Zack Snyder's Justice League, fans are now campaigning for WB to #RestoreTheSnyderVerse and some have begun targeting Godzilla vs. Kong's release. The film's IMDb page (via CBR) has a 7.5 user rating already, but a small number of Snyder fans are attempting to drop its rating by posting 1-star reviews. At the time of this writing, Godzilla vs. Kong has forty-four 1-star reviews, and thirty-three of them directly attribute this rating to WB's refusal to #RestoreTheSnyderVerse. However, Godzilla vs. Kong has over 9,000 user reviews so far and the small attack has led others, including Snyder supporters, to give the movie a 10-star rating to negate the review bombing attempt.

So far, the attempts to review bomb Godzilla vs. Kong haven't proven to be too successful and is only happening on IMDb. This could change over time if more #RestoreTheSnyderVerse supporters adopt this strategy and metrics like Rotten Tomatoes allow user reviews for the film. The decision to review bomb Godzilla vs. Kong comes on the heels of Warner Bros. CEO Ann Sarnoff saying that the studio will not make more of Snyder's DC movies, even though Zack Snyder's Justice League appeared to be a big hit for HBO Max. This likely won't work in the favor of these select Snyder fans, though, and could further diminish the desire from those at WB to cater to this fan base.

Review bombing isn't a new strategy for individuals to express their anger over the direction of a franchise or movie. Captain Marvel was one of the biggest targets of review bombing, as people tanked its user rating on Rotten Tomatoes due to comments made by Brie Larson. This forced Rotten Tomatoes to change its rules to try and prevent those who haven't seen a new movie from purposefully bringing down its score. Thankfully, Godzilla vs. Kong should be able to withstand this minor review bomb attempt.

I mean what even is the point? are there people that have watched the previous movies, thought they were cool, watched the trailer for the new movie, thought that was cool, but then don't go and see the movie because of it's RT score? does the Academy only give nominations to those movies with a RT score of above a certain %? no, neither of those are even remotely plausible scenarios. so why bother doing it?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    Is that the fat turtle? i like turtles

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Agreed.

But I think we may see Kong get his own stand alone movie set in Hollow Earth, finding and defeating a threat there, before they circle back to Destoroyah, who is probably a big enough threat that it'll take a team up effort again and who they set up with the Oxygen destroyer bomb from KotM. Mothra might make another appearance as well as the original laid an egg before her sacrifice in KotM.
    Kong in hollow earth jumped up to a cliff n grabbed some fossil kangz hand way bigger than his. A monkey that large would tower over godzilla like an adult over a child.. Maybe there some special foods he needs to find..

I honestly hate all stories where a zone gets destroyed, skull island wrecked with all the cool shit, monsters n stuff in there..
    Like in last jurassic world movie, volcano blows up the island. What about the other island? Oh that one was wrecked too but between movies..

Don't wreck a zone just to think up some story n then u can never use zone again cuz of ur decision...

Skull island was full of dinos n sheit...

Now i can never see kong ride into battle on top a giant triceratops while swinging his axe..

the thing about skull island, it was such vast wilderness, made people feel small n wonder what was around every corner..the zone needs to be a character itself..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-04-01 at 07:02 PM.

When was Skull Island full of dinos?

Destroyah

Gamera (giant fire-breathing flying turtle)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    the peter jackson movie

Destroyah
    that looks just crazy, lol

like if godzilla existed in the world of Diablo

Gamera (giant fire-breathing flying turtle)
    it flies? cool!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I mean what even is the point? are there people that have watched the previous movies, thought they were cool, watched the trailer for the new movie, thought that was cool, but then don't go and see the movie because of it's RT score? does the Academy only give nominations to those movies with a RT score of above a certain %? no, neither of those are even remotely plausible scenarios. so why bother doing it?
    also, it's Legendary pictures that did this movie, WarnerBros were just distributing it...

why would Destroyah be next?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    Didn't help I watched it on my computer rather than my tv because the last HBO app update added a bug that put a gray line down the side of the tv screen.
    This was strange. I didn't notice any gray bar on my first viewing with a living room TV, but when I went for a second viewing on a bedroom TV, there was the bar. I used the TV app both times. It was so distracting, I plugged my laptop to it.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

5+ Year Old Account

I was expecting to be shit good like Pacific Rim, but was disappointed. It was too boring. Fight on the ship was good, but barely could watch the fight in Honk Kong - it was too obvious what was going to happen next, maybe that's the reason for boredom?

Meh. Disappointed. And for these kind of movies I set my expectations realistically - right on the bottom. I liked King of the Monsters - they didn't tried and failed to do, errr, twists (?) or stories about coming together - there were monsters and they were fighting. And it was shit good, like Pacific Rim.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Since 1933. Marion C Cooper (the writer of the original King Kong) loved gorillas and dinosaurs so much he wrote a movie just to have a gorilla fight a bunch of them.

Even in the monsterverse dinosaurs live on Skull Island a skull of a dino is seen in the poison gas area.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2021-04-01 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Godzilla didn't use any technomancy from what I remember. And everyone saw Mechagodzilla coming. It's been the big talk ever since they released the trailer.
    Mechagodzilla at the end was possessed by Ghidorah's conciseness, thus why the roar of mechagodilla was changed to a distorted version of Ghidorah's roar.

Mechagodzilla was also revealed ages before the trailer during a toy expo in china, like a year before the movie even came out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Agreed.

I agree, a movie should be inbetween this one and Destroyah. Give a bit of a break instead of going Ghidorah, right into Mechagodzilla, right into Destoroyah. A kong movie within the hollow earth would be a good spot for them to do that movie, or do one based on Rodan.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that the fat turtle? i like turtles
    Gamera is the fat turtle. Destoroyah is a monster created from prehistoric crabs mutated by the oxygen destroyer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    why would Destroyah be next?
    He was created from the use of the Oxygen Destroyer in the original godzilla. Since the oxygen destroyer was used in KOTM it was pretty obvious setup for Destroyoah.

He did a good job explaining the post credit scene that doesn't exist lmfao.

- - - Updated - - -

That's Ghidorah's skull using technomancy, not Godzilla. And everyone was expecting Kong and Godzilla to fight a rampaging Mechagodzilla that Apex had lost control of. The minor details are insignificant, as per the writers of the movie who left massive plot holes all over the place.
    Never said that Godzilla was the one using Technomancy in this movie. In "Godzilla against Mechagodzilla" and "Tokyo SOS" it was the original Godzilla using technomancy. I was talking about how no one saw the use of any technomancy coming, not that Godzilla would be using it.

Is it really technomancy if you're turned into a cyborg and then take control of that cyborg body people hooked your brain up to?

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Is it really technomancy if you're turned into a cyborg and then take control of that cyborg body people hooked your brain up to?
    When it's just your supposed to be dead is when it becomes technomnacy.

- - - Updated - - -

Got ya, you were referencing a movie most people don't know exists. And I'm pretty sure a ton of people predicted that they'd have mechagodzilla under control before losing control of it. Then Kong and Godzilla would team up and take it down. Just because people didn't predict the exact details(and I'd honestly be shocked if at least one person didn't see it coming) doesn't mean the movie wasn't overall exactly what people expected to see happen based on everything we knew heading into it. The whole skull taking control thing wasn't some massive shocker. Hell, as soon as anyone saw that they were using the skull as a computer to run shit went, "Fuck, that's how they lose control. The skull takes over and locks them out." Hell, they did the exact same kinda shit in Pacific Rim 2 not that long ago.
    Yeah those aren't well known movies sadly.

I was hoping they'd take inspiration from those movies and make it an AI controlled mechagodzilla that ended up going rogue. Never thought they'd actually use the technomancy from those movies. So for people who are aware of the stories of each mechagodzilla I would say it was pretty out of left field. But for the average viewer I can see how it's not that surprising.