Page 1 of 20
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation [FILM] Godzilla vs Kong

OFFICIAL TRAILER:

So at Warner Bros. previewed some footage of many films at CCXP. From those previews, highly anticipated footage for "Godzilla vs Kong" was shown and although it wasn't even like 5 seconds worth of footage, it was amazing none the less.

EDIT: The video has been removed, of course, since it was leaked originally, lol

Jump to 0:27 seconds to see it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comm...m_medium=web2x

Here is an official "still" from the footage:

Of course the first thing that stands out is Kong is about the same size of Godzilla. WHAT?

This has been the largest Godzilla in cinema yet. Kong has never traditionally been very tall. The original film from the 1930's had him only at like 25 feet. Kong in 2017's "Kong: Skull Island" was about 100 feet.

^ This was compared to 2014's Godzilla size. Godzilla's size in 2019's "Godzilla: King of the Monsters" had him beef up even taller 393 feet. So with this footage from "Godzilla vs Kong" it looks like Kong is just about 393 feet himself, if not a 10 or 20 feet shorter.

Too bad we got to wait another 12 months.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-01-26 at 11:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They intentionally said that Kong in Skull Island was still an adolescent and set it in the 1970's so they could have him grow and be equal with Godzilla for the eventual vs. movie.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man I'm so hyped for that last movie of the Monster's trillogy, it's gonna be dope

Pretty unfair fight when they boost Kong his size toward the same as Godzilla.
    Either they slow Kong down or Godzilla is going to get his ass kicked.

It actually would have been really funny to see a Kong who's 1/3 the size of Godzilla trying to fight him.

But yeah, obviously they were going to scale him up. They basically said as much in his first movie with the line about how he's still growing.

So Kong has grown 200 feet, just think of the amount of food it would take to feed something growing that much, pretty sure there isnt enough food on the island for that.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Pretty unfair fight when they boost Kong his size toward the same as Godzilla.
    Either they slow Kong down or Godzilla is going to get his ass kicked.
    Maybe gravity will just slow him down. A body that big must be hard to move !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    It actually would have been really funny to see a Kong who's 1/3 the size of Godzilla trying to fight him.

But yeah, obviously they were going to scale him up. They basically said as much in his first movie with the line about how he's still growing.

Yeah, there was no question in that.

My only concern is that Kong -- at least this incarnation of him -- has been shown to have nothing "supernatural" about him in terms of powers/abilities. He certainly isn't just some titanic sized gorilla, so in terms of durability he is pretty durable for his size. Also his intellect/cunning is sure to be much higher than other Titans.

But,

Godzilla being what he is is a different level. Radioactive, infinitely more durable (dropped from space and survived, became "fire Godzilla", survived a hydrogen bomb on steroids) so it's just hard to believe Kong could match against Godzilla in terms of "power" I guess.

I just imagine Kong taking one direct blase of atomic fire from Godzilla and that's the end of it, ya know?

Neat, hope my boy Godzilla puts up a good fight

7+ Year Old Account
    Let them fight.

It wouldn't have made sense if they didn't make him huge. He had to at least be Godzilla's size. I'm looking forward to this movie.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Yeah, there was no question in that.

My only concern is that Kong -- at least this incarnation of him -- has been shown to have nothing "supernatural" about him in terms of powers/abilities. He certainly isn't just some titanic sized gorilla, so in terms of durability he is pretty durable for his size. Also his intellect/cunning is sure to be much higher than other Titans.

But,

Godzilla being what he is is a different level. Radioactive, infinitely more durable (dropped from space and survived, became "fire Godzilla", survived a hydrogen bomb on steroids) so it's just hard to believe Kong could match against Godzilla in terms of "power" I guess.

I just imagine Kong taking one direct blase of atomic fire from Godzilla and that's the end of it, ya know?
    And Batman vs Superman wasn't about Batman vs Superman either, maybe Godzilla vs Kong will end up the same way

10+ Year Old Account
    Bet anything they fight towards the start of the film to a draw, then at some point have to put their differences aside to battle a greater threat, namely Destoroyah (an Oxygen Destroyer bomb was used in KotM) or maybe Mecha-Ghidora.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2019-12-09 at 11:34 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    And Batman vs Superman wasn't about Batman vs Superman either, maybe Godzilla vs Kong will end up the same way
    Could be. I would imagine Mecha-Ghidorah popping up, lol.

I have a feeling they are going to have both of them fight Mecha Gidorah

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alog109 View Post
    I have a feeling they are going to have both of them fight Mecha Gidorah
    All 'versus' movies end up with the two characters on the title card teaming up.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

As long as there is not this endless human family drama bullshit that was in all the other Godzilla movies i'm in.

I'll be cheering on Godzilla. Screw that stupid ape!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Save... Mothra...