Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So, you admit you were wrong. Thanks for that. It takes a big person to admit they were wrong. it's clearly not everyone, as you just admitted.

We can only hope that Russia stops cheating, so the trust can be restored, and they can once again compete in the Games. It's a shame they have pushed such a concerted effort to cheat over the past few decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, you admit you were wrong. Thanks for that. It takes a big person to admit they were wrong. it's clearly not everyone, as you just admitted.

We can only hope that Russia stops cheating, so the trust can be restored, and they can once again compete in the Games. It's a shame they have pushed such a concerted effort to cheat over the past few decades.
    Actually I didn't the : many athletes cheat is still true.

The problem with Russians is they got caught since the organisation that regulates steroids for them is messed up.

While he n the other hand Wada is not crystal clear

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post

The problem with Russians is they got caught since the organisation that regulates steroids for them is messed up.

What you are failing to grasp is the difference between individuals cheating and government sponsored cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    What you are failing to grasp is the difference between individuals cheating and government sponsored cheating.
    None should cheat gov sponsored or not

15+ Year Old Account
    Good morning. A new day and more superb deflection by Dennis the Menace in this thread I presume?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

No one is saying that anyone cheating is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good riddance, sports cheats should be hammered and this was just ridiculously brazen crap they pulled out.

Heck, I'd say they got off lightly if anything and I hope there won't be any sudden reversals two years down the road like the last time.

- - - Updated - - -

The absurd part is that without doing bullshit like this, Russia is a strong Olympic powerhouse with amazing legacy and achievements that were done fair and square in past. They did not need to do this shit to bring home couple of dozens of medals.

Instead, like every shitty shady regime there is, they gone greedy and tried to pull a fast one on everyone. Instead they went on and destroyed a whole generation of talented athletes' futures with this horseshit.

Fucking shame on Russia.

Great and now the other athletes that dope, should be fun watching olympics with like 3 contestants XD

Yes, it's a shame you were wrong, but now that you know... you can move past it.

I agree, the problem with Russia is that they pushed a program of state-sponsored doping for years, and it's a shame they wanted to undermine their athletes in such a way.

You cheat, you get banned. It's that simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Great, then ban the ones that are cheating.

It's a shame some people are trying to deflect towards the ones that there's no evidence of them cheating.

Same for every other country with the means and ego to do so.

Russia has been cheating in the Olympics since before the Iron Curtain fell.

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Same for every other country with the means and ego to do so.
    Do we have evidence that the United States is engaging in state-sponsored doping?

Yes, it's a shame you were wrong, but now that you know... you can move past it.

I agree, the problem with Russia is that they pushed a program of state-sponsored doping for years, and it's a shame they wanted to undermine their athletes in such a way.

You cheat, you get banned. It's that simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Great, then ban the ones that are cheating.

It's a shame some people are trying to deflect towards the ones that there's no evidence of them cheating.
    You must be really special

You must be really special
    Well, looking at the available evidence, and making judgments based on that evidence shouldn't make me special.

I do feel bad for the Russian athletes who wanted to win on their own merits, but were pressured to be a part of Russia's state-sponsored doping program. Luckily, those athletes who were not corrupted by their government's attempt to cheat, will still be able to compete.

It really is a shame that the Russian government feels the need to cheat all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It normalizes PED for all athletics, then.

Why should the kid playing high school baseball shy away from them? All the Olympic athletes are doing them and, under your proposal, doing them proudly and in the open. Hell, make them legal and you basically give the go-ahead for pharmaceutical companies to just start cooking up newer and stronger PED for the general market.

And then, like I said, it doesn't become a matter of "who has the best athletes." It becomes a "which country can cook up the strongest junk?" And while I'm not usually one for "touchy feely" messages, it sends a terrible message to aspiring athletes: "it's not about what you can accomplish, it's about if you're able to secure the most potent drug or not."
    You realize you are giving the same argument as people do against marijuana right? Did I say anything about letting high school kids do it? you regulate it and restricts just like you do alcohol or smoking. Also this is a stereotype drugs does not equal better performance all you have to do is look at sports where PEDs are frowned upon but mostly allowed. Or even lower you can look at gym bros on drugs they don't just get to be bodybuilder level physiques just by using PEDs some of them you can barely tell they work out.

Well, looking at the available evidence, and making judgments based on that evidence shouldn't make me special.

I do feel bad for the Russian athletes who wanted to win on their own merits, but were pressured to be a part of Russia's state-sponsored doping program. Luckily, those athletes who were not corrupted by their government's attempt to cheat, will still be able to compete.

It really is a shame that the Russian government feels the need to cheat all the time.
    NPC Error 404

NPC Error 404
    In the end, these competitions should be about the athletes, and not about corrupt governments trying to cheat their way into prominence or glory.

I am glad the cheaters are getting banned.

In the end, these competitions should be about the athletes, and not about corrupt governments trying to cheat their way into prominence or glory.

I am glad the cheaters are getting banned.
    USA is a big meme on its own

Luckily, there's no evidence of a state-sponsored doping program by the United States, as per your source. It's nice to know the American government isn't cheating like the Russians are.

Sadly, I don't think the Russian government will learn from this, and they will continue trying to cheat against the other nations.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet the Russians are the ones getting banned.

So is it better to be “a meme...” or sent home in shame?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And yet the Russians are the ones getting banned.

So is it better to be “a meme...” or sent home in shame?
    It's better to live in a country where going to the hospital doesn't get you broke