Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Horde are now reporting queue times of 30-45 minutes.
    I play horde, and I report a 15/17min queue time for AV in the middle of the afternoon. goes down to 10/12 in the evening. since the BG release, 17min is the max I've experienced so I don't know what horde you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    I play horde, and I report a 15/17min queue time for AV in the middle of the afternoon. goes down to 10/12 in the evening. since the BG release, 17min is the max I've experienced so I don't know what horde you are talking about.
    Could be a difference between regions

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Could be a difference between regions
    for sure, but this guy talk about the "horde reporting" things like it's the same situation for everyone when it's not. maybe someone needed to point it out. he said 30-45min queue time for horde and it's clearly not what I'm experiencing.

edit: it's under 10min for AV as I'm writing. in Europe. maybe you have it really bad on NA servers....
    Last edited by Beuargh; 2019-12-20 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    for sure, but this guy talk about the "horde reporting" things like it's the same situation for everyone when it's not. maybe someone needed to point it out. he said 30-45min queue time for horde and it's clearly not what I'm experiencing.

edit: it's under 10min for AV as I'm writing. in Europe. maybe you have it really bad on NA servers....
    Ahh. I'm ally on NA. Getting those insta qs lol

Alliance is recruiting right now! Join the underdogs of war!

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Just keep that in mind when you try and be optimistic about what will happen soon, because yes horde will have very long queues, but also Alliance will be losing a lot which will make things even worse over time.
    It is already happening in my experience.

Sure, we win more but I am already a bit fed up with the 15-20min AV queues. Often facing Alliance premades, feels bad after waiting for it.

Is it okay for the Alliance to have 0 queue times, map advantage and the option to premade?!

So far AV is a big disappointment - besides the above queue issues some games are simply boring. Moreover, not even PvP at all. Low quality gameplay.

Haven't checked WSG since I am queuing solo, hopefully it's slightly better than this garbage we are sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoryrush View Post
    It is already happening in my experience.

Sure, we win more but I am already a bit fed up with the 15-20min AV queues. Often facing Alliance premades, feels bad after waiting for it.

Is it okay for the Alliance to have 0 queue times, map advantage and the option to premade?!
    You can't premade AV except by doing the old "all of us queue at the same time" dodge, which is super unreliable.. and both sides can do it.

Also, queue times depend entirely on what time you're playing, i'd guess. My average queue time for AV (prime-time-ish, until ~1am EST) is about 8-10 minutes, tops.

Its been longer during off-hours, obviously.

So far AV is a big disappointment - besides the above queue issues some games are simply boring. Moreover, not even PvP at all. Low quality gameplay.
    Ahh, you're one of those ignorant basement dwelling neckbearded grognards.

Deathmatch is not the only form of PvP.

Remember, its Player vs Player, not "Character vs Character" or "Deathmatch".

I.E. the actions of one player (or set of players) vs those of another. You can have player vs player contests without ever having character vs character interaction.

Wether that is ideal to you, is one thing, but trying to claim it "isn't even PvP at all" is absurd on its face.

Haven't checked WSG since I am queuing solo, hopefully it's slightly better than this garbage we are sold.
    No, it's not.

You think "premade AV" is a thing... grab your ankles kiddo.

Alliance rankers are taking advantage of their zero-queue and aren't actually queueing AV now that theyre exalted. (Which is why the AV queue has gone from the nearly-instant/under 2 minutes they were right at launch, to the 10 min primetime queues we have now) Theyre pre-mading WSG, curb-stomping their way to 8 minute wins and pulling out about 50% more honor than AV.

Out of my 40 total games of WSG (i try to get in one or two a day at least, just for shiggles and to make a tiny dent in that WSG rep wall) all but 2 have been vs premades and been over in 10 minutes or less. Usually less.

Because you CAN premade WSG.

But hey, at least youll get to "Actually PvP" for the 3 seconds it takes their zerg to run you over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Also, queue times depend entirely on what time you're playing, i'd guess. My average queue time for AV (prime-time-ish, until ~1am EST) is about 8-10 minutes, tops.

Its been longer during off-hours, obviously.
    Why obviously? There are always plenty of games going on round the clock and unless the proportion of alliance to horde changes at different times the average queue times should be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Why obviously? There are always plenty of games going on round the clock and unless the proportion of alliance to horde changes at different times the average queue times should be the same.
    Except the Alliance players all have to be asleep by 10 p.m. for their bedtime or they will be cranky at school the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    i cant even with this.

Do you honestly think there are the same numbers of people playing at all hours of the day?

That is not how reality works.

We already know a smaller percentage of Alliance WANT to actively PvP (as evidenced by queues, since Blizzard has said the population is roughly equal across the service, with Horde outnumbering Alliance on PvP servers but Alliance being dominant on PvE servers)... so at off-peak hours, less of BOTH populations will be on, but since there are more Horde queueing than Allies in the first place (particularly for Alterac now that a lot of people are Exalted and they can reliably curb-stomp their way through Horde by premading WSG) it just exacerbates the issue at off-peak hours.

Basic logic and math.

Quality of games has slightly improved since all those PvE'er got exalted rep (during the first weekend i was in a match where someone literally wrote "Stop PvP" in chat)
    Horde side now defends in a lot of games, which results in actual PvP and makes the game overall more enjoyable.

From my experience, WSG isn't worth it even if you have 20min AV queues.
    Problem is:
    1.You face a Pre made, lose within 5 minutes and get almost no honor out of it
    2.You face a regular random group and have a 20-40 minute battle, where you don't get any more honor after ~10 minutes because almost anyone has died four times already.
    3.You need to win to get actual bonus honor (1,4k afaik for three flags).

The issue is that without a match limit, not being able to spot the enemy FC on the map and the lack of a debuff on the FC, those games can really drag out a while.
    AV just has the massive advantage that you still get a decent chunk of bonus honor even if you lose, and Horde generally only loses to straight Drek rushes, so said game doesn't even take that long.

Warsong is only worth it if you're in a pre made and roflstomp any opponents and presumably insta concede against any decent pre made because fighting it out takes far too long.
    Guild mate did a WSG pre made and very first match was against another Pre made - 90 minute match was the result, absolute garbage if you're trying to Rank or farm WSG rep.

If you can win WSG consistently and quickly, it can be on par with AV if you happen to have long AV queues, but AV is overall still the superior option.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-12-23 at 02:10 AM.

Horde BG queue used to be 15 - 20 min. for every bg except AV. AV used to be 40 min. minimum back during BC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    i cant even with this.

Do you honestly think there are the same numbers of people playing at all hours of the day? <- Where did I say this?

That is not how reality works.

We already know a smaller percentage of Alliance WANT to actively PvP (as evidenced by queues, since Blizzard has said the population is roughly equal across the service, with Horde outnumbering Alliance on PvP servers but Alliance being dominant on PvE servers)... so at off-peak hours, less of BOTH populations will be on, but since there are more Horde queueing than Allies in the first place (particularly for Alterac now that a lot of people are Exalted and they can reliably curb-stomp their way through Horde by premading WSG) it just exacerbates the issue at off-peak hours.

Basic logic and math.
    That's why I said it was not obvious (to me) that the queues should be necessarily longer for the horde at off or on peak times while the ratio stays the same.

If there's 20000 alliance queuing vs 40000 horde queueing then alliance players get 2 games in for every 1 game of a horde player on average. This is the same when there's 5000 and 10000 horde playing. Your second paragraph is saying games last longer at off-peak times? I haven't noticed it myself.

I don't know where you guys are getting this "alliance is stomping horde at WSG", maybe at lvl60? But I can categorically tell you that pre-60 on EU is the most one-sided pvp I have seen in 13 years playing WoW. Playing as alliance all day yesterday and we did not capture a single flag. While it would be easy to blame playing against Russian teams (pre-made or not), some of the things alliance players would do were meme-worthy at the very least.