Thread: RAF is a Scam

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

RAF is a Scam

The new RAf system just proofs Blizzard and video games in general are going downhill and are purely about $$.

Mmo-champ: "As one person, buy 12 accounts."

Blizzard: "Oh woah we have the most active current user base, we have 12X more people! Look how popular our game (with no content) is!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow you figured it all out.
    /s

Its the smartest design Blizzard ever implemented in their game.

10/10

I dont even know if it was by accident or on purpose...but its genius.

Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    Mmo-champ: "As one person, buy 12 accounts."
    This whole breakdown was actually posted on Wowhead a week or two ago, so MMO-C doesn't really deserve the credit for the writeup. Check your facts.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The old system was even worse where A new freind had to buy 3 months for you to get a single reward and there was nothing past those three months.

The new system is a step up in every way the fact that people want to cheese it like they did with the old one isn’t a surprise.

"Scam" does not mean what you think it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic Steward View Post
    This whole breakdown was actually posted on Wowhead a week or two ago, so MMO-C doesn't really deserve the credit for the writeup. Check your facts.
    How is that relevant in regards to the point he's making? Also if mmo-champ decides to repost this information from wowhead why shouldn't he be allowed to quote mmo-champ on that?

On topic: it's not a scam but it's a pretty obvious attempt at making some extra quick buck off of whales who feel like they really need the unique cosmetics tied to this RAF shit. People don't really care about predatory monetization schemes on these forums though.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2019-12-09 at 03:26 PM.

I don't think Blizzard even wants to have a lot of people buying 12x gametime in the same month. Just think how bad the sub drop would look next months.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I don't think Blizzard even wants to have a lot of people buying 12x gametime in the same month. Just think how bad the sub drop would look next months.

Also:
    You mean...12 months after? Not 1 month after.

What is a "scam" about it? You are not required to participate. You get exactly the rewards that are promised and it cost you exactly what they say it will cost.

What you are really mad about is that "some" people will go through this process (to save money and time) to get the rewards.

Also:
    You don't think Blizzard wants to make a lot of money really quickly? That sounds convincing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    If you do it how wowhead describes you have 13 active subs for a month, next month only your 1 main sub.

That word doesn't mean what you think it means.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    All of this ↑↑↑ a thousand times.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    The old system was even worse where A new freind had to buy 3 months for you to get a single reward and there was nothing past those three months.

The new system is a step up in every way the fact that people want to cheese it like they did with the old one isn’t a surprise.
    In theory, if it was used just by people getting their friends in the game, sure, that's fantastic. But we all know that's not the case, and there will be very few friend recruits compared to people who just recruit themselves.

It's not a scam, it's just a devious scheme.

If you do it how wowhead describes you have 13 active subs for a month, next month only your 1 main sub.
    Tha hell? Im not gonna question you and im just going to believe what you say...but that makes the system not so smart after all.

It makes it 10% of what it could possibly be for Blizzard

What are the benefits of deleting your 12 month alt sub?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    If you read the guide, the idea is to activate 12 accounts, each of which buys 1 month of game time. So yeah, 1 month after they'd have 12 accounts go inactive. I agree, this isn't really what Blizzard wants.

I think the reason that the guide recommends doing it this way is that you get a discount for your first month's sub on a new account which makes it much cheaper than buying 12 months subscription on a single account.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    If you read the guide, the idea is to activate 12 accounts, each of which buys 1 month of game time. So yeah, 1 month after they'd have 12 accounts go inactive. I agree, this isn't really what Blizzard wants.

I think the reason that the guide recommends doing it this way is that you get a discount for your first month's sub on a new account which makes it much cheaper than buying 12 months subscription on a single account.
    HOLY F'in MOLLY!

Create 12 Accounts????? This people are insane...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    In theory, if it was used just by people getting their friends in the game, sure, that's fantastic. But we all know that's not the case, and there will be very few friend recruits compared to people who just recruit themselves.

It's not a scam, it's just a devious scheme.
    Even when just doing it your self it’s better in every way as the old system would still need three months per reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    On topic: it's not a scam but it's a pretty obvious attempt at making some extra quick buck off of whales who feel like they really need the unique cosmetics tied to this RAF shit. People don't really care about predatory monetization schemes on these forums though.
    What does Predatory mean then? Anything Blizz post out to buy you guys claim it's predatory. People keep calling Loot boxes pedo boxes, but it's not little kids buying the items, it's adults. Watch any youtuber that covers comic books and such and they adorn their entire room with toys they bought, so does that mean all action figures are predatory? When they make a movie and then sell toys is that predatory?

You guys act like every single video gamer is a recovering alcoholic or suffers from gambling addiction who has a genetic disease and can't help themselves. How about people spend their money however they want and while I often think they should be doing smarter things with their money, it is their choice.