Thread: RAF is a Scam

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    this thread is why the gap between rich and poor is so large in modern times

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Alright, still my point is valid. I mean, who cares about how many subs they have? If you enjoy the game, play.. does the number of subs affect your gaming experience? not really, only if it was on a extreme.

Besides, I am still sure that the absolute majority of players do not even create a second account at all.
    This is not for the majority of players. This is for the ones who want the RAF rewards with minimal effort. This is for those of us who had a high-paying job when we first started WoW back in 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Sconners88 View Post
    If they were actually trying to get people to recruit friends back - they would have done it before Classic. We all know the system was in the game files and ready before Classic.

Your finishing point is basically - "They're a business. This gives them a free pass to be fucking scumbags. We should still love them, they're the best."
    The real question Scarecrowz is since you dont like their business practices, what are you going to really do about it other than bleet about it on a fan forum?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    purely about $$"
    You mean business's are out to make money? Fucking hell.. I never knew, what else are they keeping from us?

So you think people won’t get the rewards? Because “scam” means you’re not getting what was promised. That’s pretty fundamental.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    But lets call it what it is first.

A cosmetic in a videogame for 100 dollars. Emphasis on cosmetic in a videogame.

Where is the line?
    Where is the line that when crossed is "too much and you may have a problem?"
    A 500 dollar cosmetic? 1000?

I think there is a line somewhere...maybe 100 dollars is too low.
    But my point is that most of us dedicated gamers (me included) have a problem when we spend absurd amounts of money in cosmetics in a videogame.

I just spent 25 dollars yesterday on league of legends...
    Lol at 25 being a lot of money. Your arguments are falling apart. Let's just admit that you really want the cosmetics but you can't afford them. Your envy is so great that you are trying to justify to yourself that "only addicts" buy cosmetics. I would actually be sad for you that you can't afford to buy luxuries but the way you are dealing with it is so funny.

I am not going to buy the cosmetics because I am unsure I will be playing much longer. I do not see the value in spending money on a game I might not be playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I mean you are perfectly within your rights NOT to opt into doing this. I, for one, could not give a flying fuck about the rewards as they look like shit, so I have no intention of ever doing this.

You do as you will

I've done the math for the people who were wondering how much they would really pay for those bonuses. And it's actually "not that expensive" compared to other store mount.

If you have 3 accounts, you'll pay 6.50€*12 = 78€.
    Now, if you don't have those, you'll also have to pay 26 which makes a total of 104€

But if you look at the reward, you'll see that you have up to 4 month of in game time in the reward. On your main account, you would have paid them 13€*4=52

If you plan to play during those 4 months (and I assume you will if you're willing to spend 104€ in the game), you'll actuall pay 104-52=52€ of goodies (26 if you already own the account) which is the current price of two mount in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    I've done the math for the people who were wondering how much they would really pay for those bonuses. And it's actually "not that expensive" compared to other store mount.

If you have 3 accounts, you'll pay 6.50€*12 = 78€.
    Now, if you don't have those, you'll also have to pay 26 which makes a total of 104€

But if you look at the reward, you'll see that you have up to 4 month of in game time in the reward. On your main account, you would have paid them 13€*4=52

If you plan to play during those 4 months (and I assume you will if you're willing to spend 104€ in the game), you'll actuall pay 104-52=52€ of goodies (26 if you already own the account) which is the current price of two mount in the store.
    Correct, if you are ok with paying real money for cosmetics this is actually an extremely good deal! In my case, I always get my wife some in-game item as one of her Christmas gifts each year. So to pay 52$ and be able to gift her two 2-seater mounts, a pet, a title, an illusion, a backpack mog and a full appearance set is a crazy deal versus the normal cash shop or TCG prices.

I think one of the things we all need to keep in mind is that everyone derives pleasure out of the game in their own unique way. For me, it's the thrill of downing a final raid boss for the first time or that oh shit moment when the item I want finally decides to drop. For my wife, it's the satisfaction of flying around in some pretty transmog dress she finally got to drop atop a color changing faerie dragon. Extremely different aspects of the game give us enjoyment, but we both play together and enjoy our different virtual worlds in our own ways.

Finally someone figured it out.

Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Did it ever ovvur to you that it is intended to recruit friends to play and not to make accounts yourself?
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Funny, I haven't seen a single one of these mounts or transmogs and I play on a RP server. Kinda strange as I thought they would be everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    Did it ever ovvur to you that it is intended to recruit friends to play and not to make accounts yourself?
    There's a lot of things Blizzard "intends" that players don't follow in practice. Like it's not intended to grind out AP as much as you can every single day, but there's people that do it and make a big stink about it.

Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    The new RAf system just proofs Blizzard and video games in general are going downhill and are purely about $$.

Mmo-champ: "As one person, buy 12 accounts."

Blizzard: "Oh woah we have the most active current user base, we have 12X more people! Look how popular our game (with no content) is!"
    I am the last person to defend blizzard on stuff but... ''no content'',cmon dude,just because you dont like it or its not for you,doesnt mean it doesnt exist,wow is pretty consistant with the flow of content added,few mmo's out there have as much to do in them as wow does,good or bad

It's probably targeted for whales to get those rewards which are meh...probably addicts collectors. I could honestly think of better 12 months rewards than blizzard.