Page 1 of 31
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

What rewards does raiding need to make it more appealing?

So with no class sets or tier bonuses coming in Shadowlands initially what rewards do you think blizzard should add to raiding to make it more appealing for both casual and hardcore players? Or do you think raiding rewards are fine as is?
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2019-11-10 at 02:39 AM.

Not Titanforging, that's one thing.

Make mythic gear 20% better than the best possible gear from lower difficulties, including forging.

They really just need to figure out a way to give us sets back, raiding hasn't been the same without them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    Make mythic gear 20% better than the best possible gear from lower difficulties, including forging.
    Mythic isn't the only difficulty, there should be incentive to raid normal and heroic as well. In BFA they are hurting A LOT more then mythic.

As long as the gear is good looking I don't need any reward beyond that, if it isn't then I guess its good we have transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post

Mythic isn't the only difficulty, there should be incentive to raid normal and heroic as well. In BFA they are hurting A LOT more then mythic.
    Yes they can raid the lower difficulties if they don't want the gear from mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    Yes they can raid the lower difficulties if they don't want the gear from mythic.
    Normal and heroic are overshined by easier content ATM, and it's not good, why do Heroic raiding when a +10 is less work and easier?

It wouldnt happen, but what if Mythic+, Raids, PVP all had different gear.

Sort of like how old PVP gear worked. PVP gear scaled differently while in PVP, but all other gear provided an 'entry' level.

So Mythic+ gear is best suited for Mythic+. If you are wearing full Mythic+ gear when in one, awesome. If your Helmet is from a raid, its brought down to a minimum base level. So you wanna be good there? Play there.
    Raid gear would be the same while in raids.
    PVP gear for PVP.

It would seperate the content, making it so there was no point doing Mythic+ or Raids if your a PVP. No point doing Raids/PVP if your just into Mythic+.
    the downside is it would make a need for multiple pieces of gear to be held onto, but this could be solved with either a way for specially storing them, OR, some sort of check for gear pieces - You got a 410 from Mythic+? Now your all your gear for that slot can scale up to that level, doesnt matter where its from.

Raiding should give the best gear again. I am so sick of running Mythic+ for best in slot stuff only to be disappointed again and again.

I like Mythic+ don't get me wrong. Its a fun activity. But to strong compared to raiding. Should max give something between normal and heroic. Or only a currency of some sort.

I think i have literally only stuff from mythic raiding and Mythic+ on my character. There is the odd piece from heroic that got a high TF. A 450 Leviathans Lure.
    But i did not really need anything out of heroic. And normal is just laughable...

Raiding itself is still the best activity in the game. Fun longtime activity. And unless you are top tier you always have something to reach for. But there is no.... feeling of achievement anymore. I will forever hate, that i kill the endboss of the patch in the first week... on normal but it just takes all of the suspense out of it.

There aren't any.

If you're raiding Mythic, you already get the best gear in the game, buffing that even more won't make people suddenly want to raid mythic.
    Those that want to man up to the Organization requirements, will most likely raid mythic already.
    Those aren't, won't even if Mythic is +25 above Heroic, the 20Man requirement and server restriction kills it for most people.

Also, anything below Mythic gets devoured by M+ in terms of rewards, if you can kill heroic bosses, you can also clear M+10, which also rewards an equivalent item.

If you move back to stuff like Tier sets, you just piss off the M+ crowd, who is then "forced to do raid" for the best gear.
    Truth is, Azerite gear was a massive boon to the M+ community as they could acquire Azerite BiS pieces solely via M+ and did not rely on raiding for these "special items".

Unpopular opinion: Remove M+, yeah, it's not going to happen and people will shit on me for suggesting it, but Blizzard is basically repeating history here.
    M+ has basically become the 10man Heroic mode, it requires less organization than its counterpart (raiding in general) and hands out the same rewards, so people obviously flock towards that one.
    Because the M+ is overall much more flexible than raiding on top of that, you don't have to sit down for 3-4h a night, you can just play like 1-2 dungeons and call it.

All things aside, the "Covenant" racial abilities give you a clear hint where the wind is blowing, and it's not raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If you move back to stuff like Tier sets, you just piss off the M+ crowd, who is then "forced to do raid" for the best gear.
    Oh boo hoo, right now you have to do M+ to be competitive in Mythic raiding, the M+ people can suck it up.

- Better gear than what I get for 1/4 effort in 5man M+.

- Crafting materials and patterns for premium BOE gear.

- Currency for slot targeted items.

- Expansion features such as the raid essence from EP.

- Reputation, mission table resources.

- More mounts, pets, titles, toys and other fluff that more than the 1% Mythic clear guilds have a chance to get. (While the 1% keeps having extra special rewards as it should be)

In general there should be more incentive and reward to put the effort to organize, coordinate and maintain weekly regularity for a few hours of 10+ people.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Oh boo hoo, right now you have to do M+ to be competitive in Mythic raiding, the M+ people can suck it up.
    I feel like this sentence is a bit taken out of context considering the rest of my post.
    Because it's quite obvious that i'm not a fan of M+, i'm just pointing out why Tier sets aren't happening, because Blizzard has the M+ community on their radar.

So yeah, Tier sets aren't happening because M+, that's at least my guess.

I don't think it has anything to do with rewards. I think it has more to do with sitting in a discord chat for 3 hours with people you barely know in order to play a video game. Either the content is fun to do or it isn't. It already gives the best gear or close enough to it. If that isn't enough of a reward then the content itself probably needs changing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    So with no class sets or tier bonuses coming in Shadowlands what rewards do you think blizzard should add to raiding to make it more appealing for both casual and hardcore players? Or do you think raiding rewards are fine as is?
    More cosmetic stuff. Neat transmog items, more pets, more mounts.

'Power' gear is great but eventually you replace/vendor/scrap/DE it. Cosmetic stuff on the other hand, is never rendered obsolete by a new raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I feel like this sentence is a bit taken out of context considering the rest of my post.
    Because it's quite obvious that i'm not a fan of M+, i'm just pointing out why Tier sets aren't happening, because Blizzard has the M+ community on their radar.

So yeah, Tier sets aren't happening because M+, that's at least my guess.
    They've explained in detail why they did away with tier sets and M+ has nothing to do with it. So your guess is wrong.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Tier sets, better looking sets. Mount on last boss from heroic, another better one from mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    It wouldnt happen, but what if Mythic+, Raids, PVP all had different gear.

Sort of like how old PVP gear worked. PVP gear scaled differently while in PVP, but all other gear provided an 'entry' level.

So Mythic+ gear is best suited for Mythic+. If you are wearing full Mythic+ gear when in one, awesome. If your Helmet is from a raid, its brought down to a minimum base level. So you wanna be good there? Play there.
    Raid gear would be the same while in raids.
    PVP gear for PVP.

It would seperate the content, making it so there was no point doing Mythic+ or Raids if your a PVP. No point doing Raids/PVP if your just into Mythic+.
    the downside is it would make a need for multiple pieces of gear to be held onto, but this could be solved with either a way for specially storing them, OR, some sort of check for gear pieces - You got a 410 from Mythic+? Now your all your gear for that slot can scale up to that level, doesnt matter where its from.
    Fuck right off I’m not devoting THIRTY inventory slots to m+/pvp gear PER SPEC.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Its more you either have the time and commitment for it....or you dont

I can play Dark Souls for like 3 hours at a time....mostly because i dont have to schedule it, coordinate with 9-29 other people, and can stop whenever i need to

Truth is biggest barrier to raiding is those 3 things if your a casual and all you care about it gear world quests and mythic+ gives way more bang for the buck outside of quests which ask you to kill a raid boss (that can be done in LFR)

The perk of raiding to the more casual crowd is having a good group of people to kill stuff with...which makes normal and heroic fun for them DESPITE the gear

I still believe the big deterrent to tier sets is still having a bunch of gear slots locked in. At this point, I'm really surprised Blizz hasn't gone the route of an Essence-style system to implement tier sets instead of actual gear slots being used for the gear. For example, you could get Vanq/Prot/Conq tokens to drop in raids, but instead of turning into a chestpiece or shoulders, it adds some sort of tier set power to a list (similar to the essences) where you can mix and match certain powers specific to your class. Raids wouldn't have to be the only source, as you could have different flavors drop in M+ or PvP. In all honesty, if people are wanting class-specific powers to be obtained and tossed each tier, the form is likely has to take is one that is not actual gear.

Anyways, I hate saying it, but gearing up via M+ is super easy compared to raiding right now. Until recently majority of my gear came from M+ or my weekly cache, and it's not just the M+/raiding system itself... it's the warforging/titanforging and socket system that's causing the issues. As it stands, M+ is by far the easiest way to obtain drops, and since you can just keep running them nonstop as long as you have a key, you can keep getting loot. When you laying on war/titanforging and sockets, suddenly you have an infinitely farmable source of potentially BiS gear. When it comes to raid, it's a one-and-done for the week, as the best you can do to "farm" raid items is to do different difficulties and hope they titanforge like crazy (weapons being the exception). What's worse is that the drop rates for certain things, like weapons and trinkets unique to raids, tend to have much lower drop rates. Until Blizz can reign in how powerful sockets are and keep war/titanforging from overshadowing raid looting, M+ is going to be the best way to farm gear.

As a slight aside, I ran into a person in M+ this week that had zero mythic raid kills and an R.IO score of about 1k, and he had better gear than I had despite running 15's and above and mythic raiding. That's why people are starting to have issues with war/titanforging and sockets and are being driven away from mythic raiding, as it's not worth it if you're in it for the gear.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville