Page 1 of 3
LastLast

"High" pop realm, is it a lie?

I play or played on Kelthuzad US which is mainly alliance dominated. It still says "high" pop in this drought with 33 ppl in stormwind and 35 in boralas. When will BLIZZARD stop lying about retail subs?

its sharding

it keeps more than 100 people from being in a zone

I thought sharding was turned off in cities?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    I play or played on Kelthuzad US which is mainly alliance dominated. It still says "high" pop in this drought with 33 ppl in stormwind and 35 in boralas. When will BLIZZARD stop lying about retail subs?
    Because this isn't classic where you need to be in a capital city. People actually have things to do in retail. In classic you congregate in cities because it takes forever to go anywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    It's not but the capacity is higher. Also WM on/off is splitting people in cities as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    It's everywhere, you are also phased away from people in opposite warmode setting (on / off). I don't know if it's off in Stormwind, but in any other place sharding is on.

Also according to wowprogress Kel'thuzad US has a population of around 10k, which is not bad, assuming wowprogress only tracks people who actually raid normal and above, and lots of casuals don't raid or only do lfr.

Doesnt /who stormwind disregard sharding and warmode on or off? Therefore those explanations are invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    It's everywhere, you are also phased away from people in opposite warmode setting (on / off). I don't know if it's off in Stormwind, but in any other place sharding is on.

Also according to wowprogress Kel'thuzad US has a population of around 10k, which is not bad, assuming wowprogress only tracks people who actually raid normal and above, and lots of casuals don't raid or only do lfr.
    This is absolutely false. Sharding has been off since phase 2 (world bosses) came out.

Also, I don't believe for a second what the OP says.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    This is absolutely false. Sharding has been off since phase 2 (world bosses) came out.

Also, I don't believe for a second what the OP says.
    Thanks for your input, but this is not the Classic forum and the server is not a Classic server.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Thanks for your input, but this is not the Classic forum and the server is not a Classic server.
    well how the hell did i go from the classic forum to the regular one!

Oops!

/who'd 2 places in the world where there's virtually nothing to do. Check.
    Ignored new zones and raids, where most people are doing stuff atm. Check.
    Ignored every other zone on the map. Check.
    Used an anecdotal moment and didn't even specify time of day. Check.
    Only checked one faction. Check.
    Ignored non-blizzard data contradicting your conclusion. Check.

BLIZZARD IS LYING TO US ABOUT SUBS. (ignored that Blizzard no longer even releases sub numbers. check).

It's almost like you went into this with the only goal of confirming your bias.

The population relates to the maximum amount of active accounts on one realm, it doesn't relate to how many people are playing on it.

High population realms are still a lot more active, not to mention most high pop realms have faction imbalance so checking alliance on a horde realm will give you that result.

Quote Originally Posted by Yayeet View Post
    most high pop realms have faction imbalance so checking alliance on a horde realm will give you that result.
    He already said it's an alliance server and he checked in Boralus, so fair to assume he checked alliance side...

Btw that's what wowprogress says about that server's landscape:
    https://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/kel-thuzad
    It has 50+ guilds raiding heroic or mythic, not high number but not low either, and that's not counting non-raiders and lfr people.

For an Alliance server it looks okay-ish, it's not Stormrage but that's why it's marked as "high" not "full".

In my personal opinion, all these Blizzard's labels can be taken 1 step down, high is medium, medium is low, low is absolutely desolate, full can be either indeed full, or decently high. They just don't wanna 70%+ servers to be at "low" because they conveniently forgot to merge any more since MOP, and it's been 3 xpacs since then.

But the server doesn't look "empty", empty servers look like this: https://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/connected-perenolde
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2019-12-09 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    People have been so focused on classic xD They forgot retail bfa is a thing..

Quote Originally Posted by Yayeet View Post
    The population relates to the maximum amount of active accounts on one realm, it doesn't relate to how many people are playing on it.

High population realms are still a lot more active, not to mention most high pop realms have faction imbalance so checking alliance on a horde realm will give you that result.
    I'm going to say it's more of a lie than not. My server was so dead we got a connected realm, By the end of WoD we would sometimes show med, but by the end we were low. and before they broke the Census mod, our daily numbers at peak play time was around 600 Ally and 500 Horde. We currently have 52 guilds that have killed 1 boss in eternal palace and probably half those guilds are have stopped raiding.

Yet, somewhere in Legion we became a high population server and are still listed as high pop. We haven't had a login que since Wrath So they change the way it was measured and we went from low to high. If my server is high pop, then that makes the majority of US servers dead.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2019-12-09 at 09:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When will BLIZZARD stop lying about retail subs?
    This was the point of the thread. Of course, it's based on a lie that Blizzard is reporting retail subs. They aren't. Transparent attempt to push a false narrative.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    its sharding

it keeps more than 100 people from being in a zone
    And that is why WoW is going downhill.
    Sharding in a fcking MMORPG. don't make me laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    And that is why WoW is going downhill.
    Sharding in a fcking MMORPG. don't make me laugh.
    I would rather deal with sharding then the MoP gyrocopter queue. I think the bigger issue is that now that sharding exists we should just have mega servers. Connect them all and manage it based on shards.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Careful, your tinfoil hat is showing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The bigger question is when will you stop lying about Blizzard 'lying'? And what, EXACTLY, are they lying about?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.