Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by corruptdevil View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're reading too far into things. Especially since you're using the PTR as your most credible source. These bodies have existed for years, and often in janky places that raise questions as to how they managed to die in such a specific place. Its probably more likely a bug caused by a disconnect on death, and people not releasing.

And player corpses make less sense since we already know that players don't die to reach the shadowlands. Our presence in the Shadowlands is special compared to other beings there. Likely we are still alive when reaching the Shadowlands. It just doesn't fit anything else Blizzard has done before.
    These corpses specifically was both out of the beaten path and in an area with mobs that were far from difficult, meaning a whole bunch of players simultaneously decided to log out in this specific area, there was an impromptu low level raiding party, or it was somehow intentional.

Though then again, i might be basing my assumptions too much on how the names of the bodies were pretty unimaginative, even for PTR.
    Things like Zandalaritrol wearing full heritage armor with fitting weapon. And things like that.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

3+ Year Old Account
    It could be a bug or like other said a shadowlands prelude.

You know the souls are being stolen and funneled into the Jailers towers.

Spirit healers are disappearing ? so no one is resurrecting the fallen adventure, hero, champion whatever you want to call them.

If you're playing a spec that can res, the part I find interesting is the inability to cast it on some of these corpses versus normally, you can cast res on a corpse. You also can't seem to /friend the corpses because the players don't exist. While this could be some bug or people looking to into it, it is an interesting idea. It wouldn't be the first time Blizzard started rolling out prelude-type minor things before patches/expansions.

People do weird things. The reason is probably far less exciting than you think it is. We probably won't see any content relating to SL until after 8.3, or in 8.3 if its in line with the story.

I keep seeing ones wearing santa suits, I think it's just become a weird in-joke.

That I am totally going to participate in on my alts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    i'll check alliance side soon. this has never happened since cataclysm. they stopped letting bodies sit out after you log
    I've seen them in front of the auction house in Stormwind--bodies, not skeletons. I haven't checked recently, but as others have said: this may be a bug (or to the SL release, as you suggested).

Do remember - they did a similar thing pre Cata ... where there would be random earthquakes in different intervals

Maybe we should let this gain traction?

,,My bargain with Azshara will yet bear fruit. The armies of Azeroth will fight her master, and he will line their streets with corpses. In the end, he too will serve Death. ,,

Pretty interesting if this confirms that Sylvanas quote.

So what about the bodies in every other xpansion? Stormwind and Ogrimar are always STACKED FULL of dead people ;p (and i don't mean the forsaken on the horde side)

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    The Old God is toying with your minds. Wake up sheeple!
    Are the touren sheepow?

Sometimes when I'm out questing in retail and forever which zone im in i hear a clock noise like a gong during the music of each zone i think its weird i dont remember doing it and i always listen to the music in WoW when i play

Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    So what about the bodies in every other xpansion? Stormwind and Ogrimar are always STACKED FULL of dead people ;p (and i don't mean the forsaken on the horde side)
    None is ever dead in orgrimmar wm on or off, i could see a few people laying around dead on alliance in stormwind etc with warmode on but nothing outside that.

I guess i should add that i've seen dead people laying for a longer duration than intended when camping my alts at the caverns of time daily xp event quest (we're talking several hours to a day)

None of this has to do with any part of shadow lands. Go to Facebook and join some wow groups you would see and know that it was started by players as a joke.
    Last edited by komlit; 2019-12-09 at 10:06 PM.

Had some bodies in Darkshire yesterday mix of Alliance and Horde that were there all day yesterday. Same ones just lying in the streets all day long.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ever since SL has been announced, I have been collecting several screenshots of people laying dead in Orgrimmar, piles of bodies just in the middle of nowhere for no reason. I thought to myself, maybe it's a coincidence or people were flying up to their deaths but this is wrong. There were several lowbies dead, even near the allied race portals. There would be no way to kill themselves unless they died with their hearthstone debug. note that i do not have warmode on and thus these bodies are of players in the non-warmode shard

Thanks to my buddy on twitter, this was on moonguard and WRA

different times, different players, different servers.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-12-10 at 12:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Seen it on a few servers, didn't think much of it. You might be right.

lol those are fucking mass graves. whats happening people?

3+ Year Old Account
    Whenever I go on the PTR version of WoW there's always two dead Zandalari Troll Druids at the bottom of the stairs in Dazar'alor. They've been there for weeks
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Ever since SL has been announced, I have been collecting several screenshots of people laying dead in Orgrimmar, piles of bodies just in the middle of nowhere for no reason. I thought to myself, maybe it's a coincidence or people were flying up to their deaths but this is wrong. There were several lowbies dead, even near the allied race portals. There would be no way to kill themselves unless they died with their hearthstone debug. note that i do not have warmode on and thus these bodies are of players in the non-warmode shard
    Most likely players just RP'ing. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    You mean like when Pure did the mass body stacking of gnomes? I remember that! They made a few hundred gnome toons and stacked the bodies.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

I noticed this too. I was walking through Stormwind the yesterday while queue for the pvp brawl and noticed at least 4 - 5 corpses in strange locations. A few of which wouldn't be possible from fall damage.