Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    All good changes, Classic is the GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    All that is to say that these aren't 100% Blizzard created issues and even though players may be negatively impacted by their hands off approach, it's fairly unfair to turn around and say they're doing shit on purpose because they have some perverted desire to watch their own creation burn to the ground.
    I think there are two things that need to be taken into account.

First off, Blizzard chose 1.12 among other things to prevent rather "unintended" player behavior, 1.12 itemization being a prime example, so people aren't going to take items that are currently trash and wait for a certain patch until they become "good".
    Same goes for other stuff such as weapon normalization, you can also very much argue that green weapons from level 30 being superior to blue 60 weapon due to weapon speed was part of Vanilla, yet that's something we never received.

However, my issue in regards to this is, Blizzard made these choices to prevent behavior that's not exactly intended and has clear downsides in regards to the overall experience (another example being that of Layering) in order to favor a longevity of classic.

These last three weeks were anything but helpful for the longevity of classic, up to the release of phase 2 i always had queues on my server during primetime, yet these queues vanished entirely after a single week of phase 2.

You are free to argue that this is technically not Blizzard fault, it has some merit, but it also needs to be said that were was no predetermined rule that forced them to commit to this, as Blizzard never signed up for a 1:1 release of classic.

However, there was another problem of these past weeks:
    Free character transfers.

This has extremely damaged the Horde : Alliance ratio on some servers because not everybody stopped playing, some people realized they "lost" the fight on the server and just left.
    This will be the long lasting damage of the early honor system release, this was solely caused by Blizzard, because they did not make these transfers faction specific early enough or did not close them entirely before phase 2.

So yeah, they've not been entirely "hands off" there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    Doesn't sound like a joke. This is literally what happened back in Vanilla. Don't go imposing changes on that #nochanges crowd.

Also, on a separate note, 8.3 doesn't launch before new year. "We want people to spend time with their families."

... launches Battlegrounds on Classic right before Christmas. I don't really care what Blizzard decides to do with what, but I just think it's a funny decision to make.
    dude, if you spend xmass time playing wow instead with your family its your fucking problem being a retard.
    its not a problem of blizzard, and sure it is not my problem... just yours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Christ. Will you guys stop at nothing to paint this absolutely ridiculous fucking narrative that literally everything Blizzard does is a mistake?

This phase you guys are all bitching about was a part of Classic. Blizzard didn't want to introduce BGs right away not because they hate their players and intentionally want their game to die, but because it is a part of the Vanilla experience. Players were already leaving before we hit this phase. It seems, to me, that it's yet another example of players blaming things they don't like on players quitting when there is absolutely zero tangible evidence to support this theory.
    and what evidence support your theory? i dont see developers saying "sorry for quitters the big amount of quitters but we wish to gave you the whole Original true real 100% Classic experience of being ganked util you wish to died before play another minute of our game"
    nah dude

Who the hell is leaving classic. I'm on a crappy pve realm and we are recruiting for raid team 6 or 7 because we have so many people trying to raid. Some higher end guilds have more. Its crazy how many people are playing. If classic is in free fall it sure as hell isnt happening on my realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    If a player decides to use Discord instead of ingame channels - it is their decision.
    But they would need to if blizzard left lfgclassuc alone. But according to the add-on author, it'll still work anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    But they would need to if blizzard left lfgclassuc alone. But according to the add-on author, it'll still work anyway
    "Need"? I'm skeptical.

After all, one of the selling points of the Classic campaigners was no LFG.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    Who the hell is leaving classic. I'm on a crappy pve realm and we are recruiting for raid team 6 or 7 because we have so many people trying to raid. Some higher end guilds have more. Its crazy how many people are playing. If classic is in free fall it sure as hell isnt happening on my realm.
    Mostly pvp server

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    "Need"? I'm skeptical.

After all, one of the selling points of the Classic campaigners was no LFG.
    Watching the LFG channel scroll by at a million miles an hour is not a good way of finding a group and never has been.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    I hope they'll port those Lua changes to retail as well.
    Retail got it a few months back. This is classic catching up.

Quote Originally Posted by Miv333 View Post
    Retail got it a few months back. This is classic catching up.
    Eh no? Retail still have it.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/API_C_Chat...ndAddonMessage

Where's your source?

"With the release of World of Warcraft Classic 1.13.3, we’re making a change to disallow calling C_ChatInfo.SendAddonMessage with the CHANNEL ChatType. This will prevent addons from communicating over custom, player-created chat channels."

Classic experience... Yep... #nochanges

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAvatar7 View Post
    "With the release of World of Warcraft Classic 1.13.3, we’re making a change to disallow calling C_ChatInfo.SendAddonMessage with the CHANNEL ChatType. This will prevent addons from communicating over custom, player-created chat channels."

Classic experience... Yep... #nochanges
    Addon API is drastically different from vanilla so there's no point to complain. There's very little in common between vanilla addons and classic addons. Fortunately best gameplay is without any addons and it's as authentic.