Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    She might very well be. Not many Paladins have direct connections to the Naaru anymore, and Liadrin can tap into the Sunwell,which has all the power of a Naaru PLUS huge amounts of arcane energy as well. Turalyon might have fought for a thousand years and led an army of Light, but the Naaru patron that lent him his strength is dead now. He would certainly still be a strong paladin, but only by human standards.

Not really, the Deathlord moped the floor with her while fightning on holy ground.
    She is just a B Tier character whose role was to advertise the introduction of Blood Elf Paladins; for the Horde I'd say that high ranking Zandalari prelates could very well surpass her in sheer strenght.

In the end the Alliance has better Paladins but that's ok since Horde has better Shamans and Warlocks.

if Turalyon fought the Legion for over 1000 years his not that good tbh.
    (Removed for Violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    It's not theory, it's "word of god" from Blizzard.

It has nothing to do with being fanatical, fanatical is "filled with excessive and single-minded zeal" and that is not and has never been a requirement to be a light user in WoW.
    It's not an requirement, but isn't someone fanatical fully convinced about the righteousness of his cause? To an extend where the end justifies any means? I'm not saying that you have to be a fanatic to use the light, but that fanatics (and I would count Turalyon as one, while Xe'ra was alive) have the most faith in their cause and by extend the greatest ability to use the light.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    It's not an requirement, but isn't someone fanatical fully convinced about the righteousness of his cause? To an extend where the end justifies any means? I'm not saying that you have to be a fanatic to use the light, but that fanatics (and I would count Turalyon as one, while Xe'ra was alive) have the most faith in their cause and by extend the greatest ability to use the light.
    Fanaticism equals blind devotion most of the times. Uther wasn't fanatical in the sense of Scarlet Crusaders. Tirion too wasn't fanatical in the same sense, yet they were arguably the strongest Paladins of their respective time.

It takes a good, moderate mind to understand the Light , like anything divine. Fanaticism does work well to Paladins who lack wisdom though.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    In my opinion they should have portrayed her as a proper blood knight instead of a human paladin with pointy ears. Same as they should have continued to portray blood elves as they were in TFT and most of BC, instead of turning them back into red high elves who are part of the wrong faction.
    I can second this. OG blood elves (and Liadrin herself) were much more interesting than the clone of alliance they became at the end of BC. Yay for an alliance leader redeeming horde /yawn
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Not Uther, not Turalyon either. The game is objectively better when she’s leading storylines and is in the forefront.

And her “darkness cannot abide within the Light!” catchphrase is great too. Who else thinks Liadrin should be more represented in Shadowlands?
    "i think my faction representative should take the spotlight because my bias supersedes the story"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Liadrin gets stomped on in her place of power during the DK story in Legion. Only the light prevents her from being killed right there.
    forgot about that. cant believe how ballsy death knight campaign was. everyone else is like, heyyyyy goo here pick up object do this. Meanwhile deathknights are like rock stars running about against allies and enemies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Because the night elves are regressive, and are intolerable of anyone that dares to think differently. This is their official description, I’m not just making it up. I think they’re also described as xenophobic.

Edit: this is how they’re described from the very beginning-WC3, this doesn’t necessarily reflect them now.
    i guess the void elves can say the same then, blood elves are regressive because you know all that jazz of "dare to think differently" "intolerable".
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Meanwhile deathknights are like rock stars running about against allies and enemies.
    Mostly allies, not much of enemy killing.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Anduin is a Priest, not a Paladin. I know it makes no sense, but that is the official Blizzard statement.
    Hmmmm very true, totally forgot about this, probably because like you said it makes no sense!

15+ Year Old Account
    b..but Tirion had the strength to shatter the lich kings bonds....

Could someone help me with my confusion, I've seen quite a few people here say Turalyon for 1,000 years, but has 1,000 years really gone since the dark portal was destroyed? As far as I know he only started the fight against the legion when it shattered.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingboots View Post
    Could someone help me with my confusion, I've seen quite a few people here say Turalyon for 1,000 years, but has 1,000 years really gone since the dark portal was destroyed? As far as I know he only started the fight against the legion when it shattered.
    It hasn't been 1000 years of contemporary time. He and Alleria were at war against the Legion in the Twisting Nether. Time passes very differently there. Effectively, they were alive there for 1000 years fighting the Legion, but only a handful of years by the time flow on Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    It hasn't been 1000 years of contemporary time. He and Alleria were at war against the Legion in the Twisting Nether. Time passes very differently there. Effectively, they were alive there for 1000 years fighting the Legion, but only a handful of years by the time flow on Azeroth.
    Basicaly they tried to make the characters more badass and instead they created another asspull to laugh at.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    I see, thanks.

No, exactly the opposite, Liadrin's Light-jerking should be downplayed. Horde is not a Light-worshipping faction, and the original way of the Blood Knights was taking power rather than worship it. Even now they don't need to worship the Light since the Sunwell provides them. Also, since we've been made aware of the Light's dubious nature, now more than ever should its wielders question its authority.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Turalyon won the Battle for Stromgarde, Liadrin lost. So, yeah.

Btw I like how Liadrin is portrayed as an open-minded person on this forum and Turalyon is somehow a brainwashed zealot, even though:
    - Khadgar and Lothar noted how he is a lot less zealous than his brethren
    - He quickly developed a rapport with Khadgar, even though wizards were often discriminated against by holy orders
    - Turalyon doesn’t judge void-Alleria, or reject her or mistreat her
    - Не was able to talk Xe'ra out of killing Alleria, something a brainwashed character wouldn't have done
    - Turalyon was able to accept Alonsus and ask him for forgiveness, something a brainwashed character wouldn't have done
    - He also reminded Anduin to let the Light guide them, but not command them, which shows Turalyon's dissatisfaction with Xe'ra's methods
    Last edited by BaumanKing; 2019-12-14 at 12:49 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Turalyon won the battle for Battle for Stromgarde, Liadrin lost. So, yeah.

Btw I like how Liadrin is portrayed as an open-minded person on this forum and Turalyon is somehow a brainwashed zealot, even though:
    - He quickly developed a rapport with Khadgar, even though wizards were often discriminated against by holy orders
    - Не was able to talk Xe'ra out of killing Alleria, something a brainwashed character wouldn't have done
    - Turalyon was able to accept Alonsus and ask him for forgiveness, something a brainwashed character wouldn't have done
    - He also reminded Anduin to let the Light guide them, but not command them, which shows Turalyon's dissatisfaction with Xe'ra's methods
    But his eyes were glowing for couple seconds in a cutscene! Clearly this is because of mind control, not because of huge source of light being extinguished just a few feet away from him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Turalyon won the Battle for Stromgarde, Liadrin lost. So, yeah.

You are trying to present facts and logical reasoning in one of United's circle-jerking threads. He'll die on this hill if he has to.

Never mind that regardless of his personal bias, Turalyon, Tirion, Uther and (shudder) Yrel, are all technically stronger paladins that Liadrin (even though Yrel's power scope is complete bullshit). Is Liadrin powerful and strong? Absolutely. Is she one of the most powerful paladin's on Azeroth? Certainly. At least all from a story & lore perspective. But to say she's THE most powerful paladin is just filling in some kind of stupid checkbox to fit a personal agenda.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Basicaly they tried to make the characters more badass and instead they created another asspull to laugh at.
    Well... yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    A powerful paladin? Sure she's pretty badass. THE most powerful paladin? No, that's just stupid. I think it's clear that Turalyon should be the one to have the title of most powerful paladin. At least out of the ones that are still alive.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    A powerful paladin? Sure she's pretty badass. THE most powerful paladin? No, that's just stupid. I think it's clear that Turalyon should be the one to have the title of most powerful paladin. At least out of the ones that are still alive.
    Eh. Athene is the best Paladin in the world. He'd pwn these nubs.