Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    That figure is not a fact though. It's a figure that a company guessed at, because blizz does not disclose anything resembling sub data. None of us know how many subs WoW has, all we know is that Q3 brought in the most subs for 1 quarter in WoW's history. There's no where to properly extrapolate a 223% figure, no where to say how many subs were derived strictly from classic, or how many in general came in that quarter.

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesnt changes a bit what i said and you had issue with. I just said what the article states, classic realese increased subs by 230% ~ nothing more nothing less. Do i believe all of them are still subbed? Ofc not, still classic population is still more than healthy, and that's all that matters to me.

- - - Updated - - -

You're right, sorry about the 7%
    So you've covered one problem... but not the other, huge problem... those numbers aren't from Blizzard, and Blizzard wont comment on them... (here's a hint, if they were really that good, dont you think Blizzard would be owning that kind of PR?)

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So you've covered one problem... but not the other, huge problem... those numbers aren't from Blizzard, and Blizzard wont comment on them... (here's a hint, if they were really that good, dont you think Blizzard would be owning that kind of PR?)
    Did i state they were official blizz aproved numbers? Does that change at all the point that most of the ppl here cant stand wich is Classic brought TONS, TONS of ppl back into the game while most naysayers were hoping for it's failure. That's all, nothing more, nothing less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did i state they were official blizz aproved numbers? Does that change at all the point that most of the ppl here cant stand wich is Classic brought TONS, TONS of ppl back into the game while most naysayers were hoping for it's failure. That's all, nothing more, nothing less.
    When you are dancing and prancing around in your victory dance telling us how awesome Classic is, but you have to make up how 'awesome it is'. It makes your dancing and prancing less than authentic. I'm glad its going well, more money for Blizzard to spend on retail... thank you very much for your donation to the cause.

Tons, you claim... just cant leave the bullshit out, can you? Most naysayers were hoping for failure, you claim... Why not skip the inflated and dishonest claims and stick with what you know you can prove (This is where you are having a problem, and will continue to have one) That's all, nothing more, nothing less.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

That doesnt changes a bit what i said and you had issue with. I just said what the article states, classic realese increased subs by 230% ~ nothing more nothing less. Do i believe all of them are still subbed? Ofc not, still classic population is still more than healthy, and that's all that matters to me.

- - - Updated - - -

You're right, sorry about the 7%
    Just keeping everyone honest, the subbase isn't still increased 230% It could have increased 400 quintillion percent but it doesn't matter if it's not still that high.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

When you are dancing and prancing around in your victory dance telling us how awesome Classic is, but you have to make up how 'awesome it is'. It makes your dancing and prancing less than authentic. I'm glad its going well, more money for Blizzard to spend on retail... thank you very much for your donation to the cause.

Tons, you claim... just cant leave the bullshit out, can you? Most naysayers were hoping for failure, you claim... Why not skip the inflated and dishonest claims and stick with what you know you can prove (This is where you are having a problem, and will continue to have one) That's all, nothing more, nothing less.
    First, it's not a vitory dance. You seeing like that says a lot though.
    Second, Tons yes, on it's release at the very least twofold revenue wise, blizz numbers because you're so fond of them.
    Third, Most naysayers were indeed hoping for it's failure, you calling it a claim instead of a fact is only due to your laziness to browse a bit this forum section, or sheer ignorance.

10+ Year Old Account
    First, it's not a vitory dance. You seeing like that says a lot though.
    Second, Tons yes, on it's release at the very least twofold revenue wise, blizz numbers because you're so fond of them.
    Third, Most naysayers were indeed hoping for it's failure, you calling it a claim instead of a fact is only due to your laziness to browse a bit this forum section, or sheer ignorance.
    Tell all the lies you want... make all the fanciful dishonest claims you want... because until you can prove them (you cant prove them) they will remain as claims. Even if every single person on MMOC (all 591, 981 members) swore that Classic was going to fail, you still wouldn't be any where near 'most'... because 591,981 out of 100,000,000 People that have made Wow accounts is a grand total of 0.591%... So tell me again how 'most' that is (hint, its not, except in your little mind)... the ignorance is YOURS.

While you didn't say blizzard said them, you did espouse it as fact, which it is not. Also, if you go back and actually read most threads before Classics launch, there were very few people HOPING it would fail. Most "naysayers" were claiming that it wouldn't be as successful as some were saying it would be (i.e. it was going to bury retail). You claim that people can't stand Classics success, but pretty much most of what I see is people attempting to temper the exaggerated claims that come out, or people commenting about seeing where Classic is in a few months before we rush to say it's the best thing since sliced bread.

What I get from posts like this is that the concept of someone not heaping praise onto Classic as someone that hates it and can't stand it. Someone telling you that a figure you kept trying to pass off as a fact, isn't actually a fact, doesn't make them hate Classic or it's success. Someone not hyping it up isn't that either. These are very important distinctions to make.

I had no idea people were genuinely mad that class is a success, this is weird.

whatever happens, someone somewhere will be angry
    hit & run posting lol

if i'd need to be mad about something i choose to be mad about seeing these types of threads every few weeks when i enter this forum.
    i don't give a flying fuck like most people don't. if retail dies for classic i'll just delete wow and move on, no fucks given (this is from someone that's been playing the whole of bfa.)
    i tried classic, enjoyed the leveling part, realised endgame wasn't for me and dropped it.
    it's just a game, if people enjoy classic more power to them. other way around? bloody marvelous...who cares? you kids.
    i personally hope both thrive so we can all enjoy our time in whatever we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    If you consider the slugfest that's happening on realms atm a success then go see a shrink.

literally 90% of my friendlist don't log in anymore because of the honor system.

being camped constantly and wasting 3-4 hours to reach a dungeon is not something I would call successful.
    It's good they are gone. I would never want to group with players who take 3-4 hours to get to an instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Like, why are you seriously angry at the game, Blizzard for releasing, hoping it'll die soon etc? Why are you so mad one of the greatest games ever released actually still holds up?

Like.. Why not be happy for those who enjoy it?
    Same reason people are upset that Fortnite is a success. Does that mean it's an inherently good game? Serious inquiry. How about Minecraft?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Because a lot of Classic fanboy can't stand that ppl are actually enjoying modern Wow and even spill tons of BS and lies (like Classic is harder than Retail!) before it was release.

There is hate on both sides.
    SO MUCH TRUTH! I love telling people off when they try to claim Classic is in any way, shape or form more difficult than Retail
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

No they wouldn't. If they said "hey man, look how awesome the data is" nerds would be like "what about the numbers from BFA?" and then nerds will be fake outraged about another blizzard conspiracy.

Use your brain. If Blizzards policy is not to provide data on sub numbers then they would not do it when it is good. Nerds will always shit on good news and even if all news was good they would just call blizzard liars. There are only negatives to providing sub counts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    He said it's a success. which it's simply not.

People have valid reasons for why classic is a mess and they have the right to form their displeasure.
    Haha it isn’t a success? Get out of here dude. Blizzard had to release way more servers than they ever expected. No matter what happens now the game release was a success and blizzard made big bank off of it. Every little phase they release too will keep people playing.

You really have to be out there to think classic has been a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    While you didn't say blizzard said them, you did espouse it as fact, which it is not. Also, if you go back and actually read most threads before Classics launch, there were very few people HOPING it would fail. Most "naysayers" were claiming that it wouldn't be as successful as some were saying it would be (i.e. it was going to bury retail). You claim that people can't stand Classics success, but pretty much most of what I see is people attempting to temper the exaggerated claims that come out, or people commenting about seeing where Classic is in a few months before we rush to say it's the best thing since sliced bread.

What I get from posts like this is that the concept of someone not heaping praise onto Classic as someone that hates it and can't stand it. Someone telling you that a figure you kept trying to pass off as a fact, isn't actually a fact, doesn't make them hate Classic or it's success. Someone not hyping it up isn't that either. These are very important distinctions to make.
    Won't really dispute much of what you say, it's presented reasonably, but i do recomend you to take a look at this thread for example.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...r-than-current

Bare in mind this was before blizz anounced classic and it's just one of many. What you see there is many, many folks that for sure can't stand classic's sucess, not the attempt to temper claims, but just plain vitriol. And after dealing with these kinds of arguments for years my tolerance for hipocrisy runs short.

It's very much different to play retail and hope for classic failure or that it wont even be released as shown in that thread, and playing classic and hoping retail not to fail but just to be different, regardless of how unatainable that might me at this point since it's a ship that long sailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    There is one thing i'm completely sure of. I cant recall the last time i seen any of retail's most populous servers (tichondrius, Sargeras, bleeding hollow, Darkspear, etc) with a queue time.

Almost every evening within 2 hours +/- of primetime, there is a >2 hour Queue time on at least 2 classic servers. Definitely on faerlina. Daily. That alone should speak to the difference in population.
    Live servers are also larger and far more numerous in quantity specifically to avoid queue times. Classic servers are smaller and less numerous to ensure healthy single server populations as there is no cross server play possible. Different mechanisms result in different outcomes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    IS this really a big thing? As far as i can see generally most ppl actually are happy and its just some niche groups of ppl that either don't like retail or don't like classic and troll about it.
    No, it's not except for threads like this that make it out to be bigger than it is. The whole argument is moronic to start with. Choice is good. The games are not in competition with each other. Play one or the other or play both. Have fun.

Stop this BS.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    Superdata is not blizzard though, and you shouldn't be taking their guesses as gospel for a game that has closely held sub numbers a secret for what, 6 years?
    Guess you don't realize that Superdata is the go to source for such data by companies all over the world. You don't get away with charging tens of thousands of dollars for a report unless your data is considered accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Like, why are you seriously angry at the game, Blizzard for releasing, hoping it'll die soon etc? Why are you so mad one of the greatest games ever released actually still holds up?

Like.. Why not be happy for those who enjoy it?
    I haven't seen many BfA players wishing doom on Classic at all. What I HAVE seen a lot of is Classic players gloating about how BfA is a "dead game" and fantasizing about a massive number of imaginary people who are supposedly beside themselves writhing in anguish over Classic's success.

Personally, I played Classic up to about level 20. It was fun, and I'm glad it exists. It was really neat to re-play through some of the questing zones as I remembered them from when I leveled my very first character. It was also interesting to see examples of how Blizzard's design philosophy has changed - both for better and for worse, in different areas and to different degrees - over the 15 years since WoW's initial release. But... I've also been playing a lot of BfA with friends (using that "very first character"), and when I've been in the mood to play WoW, that's generally what's been taking up my time. I still have no desire to see Classic fail, and we're well past the point when most people predicted such a fall would happen anyway.