Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The president and his administration have already broken laws. The people who have resigned are ones that knew if they stayed longer, they would be subject to questioning once Trump leaves office. Conservatives always pushing this "hatred" and "dislike" for reasons why the "left" are pursuing articles of impeachment against him, instead of the simplest and most easily provable reason; he has broken laws and used the office of the presidency and the government to his own personal benefit.

- - - Updated - - -

What are you talking about? Even before Trump's inauguration, non-partisan ethical watchdogs were sounding alarm bells over the opacity of his inauguration committee (which garnered more than $100 million dollars from unknown parties) and Trump's unwillingness to remove himself from the business operations of his private company due to the potential (now realized) conflicts of interest with the GSA lease to the trump hotel in DC, and now in Ireland, New Jersey, South Florida. These are all open investigations and/or in judicial proceedings.
    You completely missed my point... The poster I was responding to is suggesting that Dems (Obama, Biden?) are just keeping their corruption "hidden" and therefore drawing an equivalence with Trump's blatant corruption. Which is a horseshit argument based on feelings and unsubstantiated beliefs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    You completely missed my point... The poster I was responding to is suggesting that Dems are just keeping their corruption "hidden" and therefore drawing an equivalence with Trump's blatant corruption. Which is a horseshit argument based on feelings and unsubstantiated beliefs.
    Sorry I didn't read up-thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    I'm still irked that people haven't clarified that it's not "Left vs Right" anymore.
    Amen
    {10char}

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The escalating hysterics of calling basically all ideological opponents "traitors" can't possibly be intended to convince much of anyone of anything. So what's the goal and who's the intended audience? Seems more like an exhortation to action or perhaps just the sort of cathartic righteousness depicted as Two Minutes Hate in 1984. One has trouble imagining those two minutes extending for years, but it sure seems like the case for the goofiest of columnists.

On the other hand, Rick Wilson has always been a shitbag grifter feeding off of and generating hatred to further his personal brand. That doesn't forgive it, but it does explain it.
    I equate this to Sean Hannity. I listen to him maybe once every 3-4 months. If you ever listen to him, he repeats the same thing every day all year long. He is basically the drum bearer for Republicans to keep the base at a level of intensity that they don't quit or shy away or..not vote. He is keeping them on task all year long because he doesn't want them to rest. This article is the same kind of propaganda. Fear mongering to keep people mad at the other party.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    I equate this to Sean Hannity. I listen to him maybe once every 3-4 months. If you ever listen to him, he repeats the same thing every day all year long. He is basically the drum bearer for Republicans to keep the base at a level of intensity that they don't quit or shy away or..not vote. He is keeping them on task all year long because he doesn't want them to rest. This article is the same kind of propaganda. Fear mongering to keep people mad at the other party.
    You're agreeing with someone who, unironically, in his defense of Trump, called Rick Wilson, "a shitbag grifter feeding off of and generating hatred to further his personal brand." The lack of insight and levels of projection with a great many Trump supporters is off the charts. No one's calling him a traitor because of his "ideology," as if he had one--people on "both sides" are rightly calling him and his shitty lackeys traitors because they're traitors: they violated their oaths of office, the law, the Constitution, the trust of the people, etc., etc., etc., none of which is seriously in dispute, even by the people accused. The defense of him, on the other hand, is rooted squarely in the blind partisanship you take comfort in accusing others of.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, he had the media lie to people to benefit him in elections.
    He definitely benefited from his Presidency, according to Forbes he made 20 million. And that was just during his presidency, how much do you think the job benefits him now?
    Don't even bring up NATO and shit, you know that report on Afghanistan that came out today? It happened under his watch.

It's not a case of 'or'.
    Both of them can be scum.
    Hell, you don't become the president of the US without being a corrupt motherfucker.
    That's some disingenuous bullshit right there bud. Let's take a look at that Forbes article shall we?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalex.../#9b55745bf055

This popped on Google so I'll assume it's the one you're talking about. Let's start with the basics, $20.5 million from 2005 to 2016. Oh wow, that includes several years before he took office. $15.6 million of that was from two of his books, he must have published those as president and used the office to advertise them! Oh wait one was published in 1995, and the other in 2006, also both before office.

If you want to argue that the book deals mentioned in the article are corrupt somehow, you're welcome to cite some other deals and show that. You're also welcome to find some evidence of Obama using the office to advertise his products, the way Trump and his lackeys have shilled for Ivanka and other's bullshit. I'm not doing that work for you, and until then you're spewing false equivalencies out of your ass. Obama was far from perfect, but to say that he was anywhere near as corrupt as this administration is asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    I feel we have to continue to remind people that "Disagrees with Dumbass Dump" does not make you a "Leftie". Dump is NOT the Right.
    The right wing is manifestly failing to make that distinction.

If Trump doesn't represent the Right then the Right needs to get off its fat ass and impeach him. Republican Senators are planning to acquit him as a pure partisan motion and they are counting on right wing cowardice and tribalism to have their back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The right wing is manifestly failing to make that distinction.

If Trump doesn't represent the Right then the Right needs to get off its fat ass and impeach him. Republican Senators are planning to acquit him as a pure partisan motion and they are counting on right wing cowardice and tribalism to have their back.
    And they will win that bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    And they will win that bet.
    This is my point. If the right wanted to separate itself from Trump it's had 3 years to do so and has failed at every opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good article, nice read.

Ignore the usual cult members that hand wave any and all criticism through ignorance or whataboutism.