Poll: Won in lottery?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    Have you ever win anything in a lottery? Did you like what you won?
    Yes, I liked to win but just not enough, want a bit higher.

I'm touched by a curse. Lottery tickets for me are about 50 dollars a month (600 dollars a year), and I win at minimum, every year 600-700 dollars. The highest year I've had was 1300 dollars (for a whole year). I run a lottery account with the main rule, it has to pay itself yearly or I stop it. This account has been open since 2004.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yes, I liked to win but just not enough, want a bit higher.

I'm touched by a curse. Lottery tickets for me are about 50 dollars a month (600 dollars a year), and I win at minimum, every year 600-700 dollars. The highest year I've had was 1300 dollars (for a whole year). I run a lottery account with the main rule, it has to pay itself yearly or I stop it. This account has been open since 2004.
    You have been extremely lucky or the lottery systems there are running on very low profit margins.

Just checked my lottery account, I've won roughly 50e altogether in the past two years. I've paid about 500e or something (roughly 20e per month). I buy one line for each lottery every week (3 different lotterys; Lotto, Viking Lotto and Eurojackpot). It's 4,70e per week.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    You have been extremely lucky or the lottery systems there are running on very low profit margins.

Just checked my lottery account, I've won roughly 50e altogether in the past two years. I've paid about 500e or something (roughly 20e per month). I buy one line for each lottery every week (3 different lotterys; Lotto, Viking Lotto and Eurojackpot). It's 4,70e per week.
    I called it equalized winnings. I don't really win enough to do good, just enough for the next bundle of tickets. Out of those tickets, 1 of them holds a 78% win chance (Special stocks/farmers lottery, you win some if the number near yours on a chart wins too), the others are completely random generated winnings.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I called it equalized winnings. I don't really win enough to do good, just enough for the next bundle of tickets.
    That is the extremely lucky part. The profit margins for the lottery company are very low if that is happening regularly. I'm getting like 1/10 back from what I put in.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I have never bought lottery tickets. I know my wife bought them once in awhile. Usually when the prize was huge.

I did win a company Christmas raffle while I was working in Japan for 5-night stay at Nishiyama Onsen Keiunkan in a room with private outdoor running water natural spring hot bath. That was freaking awesome.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I bought a $1 scratch-off ticket on my way home from work yesterday and won $5 off it. I mean....profit, even if it is only a $4 profit? So yeah, I like what I won.

Wasn't me (unfortunately), but they have one of those lottery ticket vending machines at the grocery store 5 minutes up the road from my house, and some lady won $450k from a $5 scratch-off there less than a month ago. They have a copy of the check framed and hanging over the machine. The lady who won probably got nowhere near that $450k after taxes, but she probably still ended up with an amount that would easily solve all of my current financial problems.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-12-12 at 04:20 PM.

I won a raffle at my tennis club and got a free bag back in like middle school.

We won $10,000 because we were one number off from winning Powerball, heh. I think we got $7,000 after taxes, which helped recoup some of the cost of moving at the beginning of the year.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I won't pay to maybe get something in return. I've never won anything from tickets given to me though.

My grandfather won 500 000 EURO back in the 90's. He died with debts that he left for his kids to settle (at which point it also came to light that he lied about officially adopting my dad). Jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    Have you ever win anything in a lottery? Did you like what you won?
    i rarely play, I am lucky to buy a scratch off every other year and even then it's for fun.

The only time I came out really good was when I bought 7 sticks and won 20 dollars, I in turn bought 20 tickets, the women at the counter told me that I will never get ahead that way. I then won another 80 something dollars and stopped playing.

I have never tried that again because I since then seen a woman lose 300 dollars. I was working at a gas station while in college and she bought all those tickets and stood at the lotto booth scratching them off, She ended up winning about 170ish if I remember correctly. Long story short she kept doing this over and over until all her money was gone then she tried to hit up her 14 year old son for cash. She later bragged to me she once won a couple of thousand.

It was a good lesson to learn and I didn't have to pay for it. Truly it is what they say, the lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    i rarely play, I am lucky to buy a scratch off every other year and even then it's for fun.

The only time I came out really good was when I bought 7 sticks and won 20 dollars, I in turn bought 20 tickets, the women at the counter told me that I will never get ahead that way. I then won another 80 something dollars and stopped playing.

I have never tried that again because I since then seen a woman lose 300 dollars. I was working at a gas station while in college and she bought all those tickets and stood at the lotto booth scratching them off, She ended up winning about 170ish if I remember correctly. Long story short she kept doing this over and over until all her money was gone then she tried to hit up her 14 year old son for cash. She later bragged to me she once won a couple of thousand.

It was a good lesson to learn and I didn't have to pay for it. Truly it is what they say, the lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math.
    I've seen people do this too. I remember once this lady in front of me in line at a gas station bought something like $400 worth of scratch-off tickets (some of them were entire rolls of tickets). She proceeded to turn around and tell everyone else in line that she was 100% going to win more money than she started with, she's won thousands of dollars doing this before, odds were in her favor, this was how you won on lottery tickets, etc. I gave her a "good luck" line and left after I paid for my stuff. I didn't stick around to see if she actually won anything significant.

I like to buy lottery tickets once in a while (and those scratch-off ones are my favorite), but never an extreme like that. I decided to try one of those expensive ($40) tickets once while I was on vacation and didn't win shit from it, and that broke me from those. I usually try to keep it down to one ticket that's < $5 once a week now.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-12-13 at 03:46 PM.