View Poll Results: Won in lottery?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I liked what I won

    12 50.00%
  • Yes, I didn't like what I won

    2 8.33%
  • Never won

    5 20.83%
  • Don't participate in lottery

    5 20.83%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Maybe like 30£? That was years ago and I don't participate anymore.

  2. #22
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    31,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    Have you ever win anything in a lottery? Did you like what you won?
    Yes, I liked to win but just not enough, want a bit higher.

    I'm touched by a curse. Lottery tickets for me are about 50 dollars a month (600 dollars a year), and I win at minimum, every year 600-700 dollars. The highest year I've had was 1300 dollars (for a whole year). I run a lottery account with the main rule, it has to pay itself yearly or I stop it. This account has been open since 2004.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  3. #23
    The Unstoppable Force Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    21,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yes, I liked to win but just not enough, want a bit higher.

    I'm touched by a curse. Lottery tickets for me are about 50 dollars a month (600 dollars a year), and I win at minimum, every year 600-700 dollars. The highest year I've had was 1300 dollars (for a whole year). I run a lottery account with the main rule, it has to pay itself yearly or I stop it. This account has been open since 2004.
    You have been extremely lucky or the lottery systems there are running on very low profit margins.

    Just checked my lottery account, I've won roughly 50e altogether in the past two years. I've paid about 500e or something (roughly 20e per month). I buy one line for each lottery every week (3 different lotterys; Lotto, Viking Lotto and Eurojackpot). It's 4,70e per week.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

  4. #24
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    31,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    You have been extremely lucky or the lottery systems there are running on very low profit margins.

    Just checked my lottery account, I've won roughly 50e altogether in the past two years. I've paid about 500e or something (roughly 20e per month). I buy one line for each lottery every week (3 different lotterys; Lotto, Viking Lotto and Eurojackpot). It's 4,70e per week.
    I called it equalized winnings. I don't really win enough to do good, just enough for the next bundle of tickets. Out of those tickets, 1 of them holds a 78% win chance (Special stocks/farmers lottery, you win some if the number near yours on a chart wins too), the others are completely random generated winnings.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  5. #25
    The Unstoppable Force Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    21,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I called it equalized winnings. I don't really win enough to do good, just enough for the next bundle of tickets.
    That is the extremely lucky part. The profit margins for the lottery company are very low if that is happening regularly. I'm getting like 1/10 back from what I put in.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

  6. #26
    I have never bought lottery tickets. I know my wife bought them once in awhile. Usually when the prize was huge.

    I did win a company Christmas raffle while I was working in Japan for 5-night stay at Nishiyama Onsen Keiunkan in a room with private outdoor running water natural spring hot bath. That was freaking awesome.


  7. #27
    I won lottery twice.

    First one: i was 10 years old and my mom put my name in the lottery. I won “amount of chicken equal to your weight” so we called her fat friend.

    2nd time: I won a play station one. Interestingly, mine got stolen from our house just a few weeks ago.

  8. #28
    Pandaren Monk Cidzor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    1,971
    I bought a $1 scratch-off ticket on my way home from work yesterday and won $5 off it. I mean....profit, even if it is only a $4 profit? So yeah, I like what I won.



    Wasn't me (unfortunately), but they have one of those lottery ticket vending machines at the grocery store 5 minutes up the road from my house, and some lady won $450k from a $5 scratch-off there less than a month ago. They have a copy of the check framed and hanging over the machine. The lady who won probably got nowhere near that $450k after taxes, but she probably still ended up with an amount that would easily solve all of my current financial problems.
    Last edited by Cidzor; 2019-12-12 at 04:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    never dick crazy.
    unless they have tentacles and more then 2 eyes.

  9. #29
    I won a raffle at my tennis club and got a free bag back in like middle school.

  10. #30
    We won $10,000 because we were one number off from winning Powerball, heh. I think we got $7,000 after taxes, which helped recoup some of the cost of moving at the beginning of the year.
    "People with depression score higher on tests of realism. Intelligence is positively correlated with mental illness and suicide. What this indicates is that if the mind understands too much about reality, it wants to destroy itself. Human life is existential horror."

  11. #31
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In New Austin... or thereabouts.
    Posts
    25,054
    I won't pay to maybe get something in return. I've never won anything from tickets given to me though.

    My grandfather won 500 000 EURO back in the 90's. He died with debts that he left for his kids to settle (at which point it also came to light that he lied about officially adopting my dad). Jackass.
    Hamsters will rule The World!

  12. #32
    The Unstoppable Force zenkai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    23,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    Have you ever win anything in a lottery? Did you like what you won?
    i rarely play, I am lucky to buy a scratch off every other year and even then it's for fun.

    The only time I came out really good was when I bought 7 sticks and won 20 dollars, I in turn bought 20 tickets, the women at the counter told me that I will never get ahead that way. I then won another 80 something dollars and stopped playing.

    I have never tried that again because I since then seen a woman lose 300 dollars. I was working at a gas station while in college and she bought all those tickets and stood at the lotto booth scratching them off, She ended up winning about 170ish if I remember correctly. Long story short she kept doing this over and over until all her money was gone then she tried to hit up her 14 year old son for cash. She later bragged to me she once won a couple of thousand.

    It was a good lesson to learn and I didn't have to pay for it. Truly it is what they say, the lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math.

  13. #33
    Pandaren Monk Cidzor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    1,971
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    i rarely play, I am lucky to buy a scratch off every other year and even then it's for fun.

    The only time I came out really good was when I bought 7 sticks and won 20 dollars, I in turn bought 20 tickets, the women at the counter told me that I will never get ahead that way. I then won another 80 something dollars and stopped playing.

    I have never tried that again because I since then seen a woman lose 300 dollars. I was working at a gas station while in college and she bought all those tickets and stood at the lotto booth scratching them off, She ended up winning about 170ish if I remember correctly. Long story short she kept doing this over and over until all her money was gone then she tried to hit up her 14 year old son for cash. She later bragged to me she once won a couple of thousand.

    It was a good lesson to learn and I didn't have to pay for it. Truly it is what they say, the lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math.
    I've seen people do this too. I remember once this lady in front of me in line at a gas station bought something like $400 worth of scratch-off tickets (some of them were entire rolls of tickets). She proceeded to turn around and tell everyone else in line that she was 100% going to win more money than she started with, she's won thousands of dollars doing this before, odds were in her favor, this was how you won on lottery tickets, etc. I gave her a "good luck" line and left after I paid for my stuff. I didn't stick around to see if she actually won anything significant.

    I like to buy lottery tickets once in a while (and those scratch-off ones are my favorite), but never an extreme like that. I decided to try one of those expensive ($40) tickets once while I was on vacation and didn't win shit from it, and that broke me from those. I usually try to keep it down to one ticket that's < $5 once a week now.
    Last edited by Cidzor; 2019-12-13 at 03:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    never dick crazy.
    unless they have tentacles and more then 2 eyes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •