Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by enzi View Post
    Release each patch exactly as it was. There's no use having the 1.12 power curve when doing content that's not designed for it. Sure it will be easy and boring.
    This thread is a pure shit show with so many petty comments, it's disgusting.

I've watched this now long enough, classic is a money grab with no passion or effort behind it. Blizzard can go fk itself.
    And what happens once Naxx is out or whatever other patch it was that broke your specific niche on the game, whether that be AV, dungeons or whatever.
    Do players start asking Blizzard for specific servers for specific patches? Or just for Blizzard to reroll the servers back to the start again?

It is a shame that AV is ruined for some people i guess, but i still don't see how much would have changed regardless. Korraks revenge started with 3-4 hour stalemates where each side scrambled to gather as much momentum as possible in one go, but over time it devolved into a single-minded zergfest where you actively try to avoid the other team in hopes of having it end faster for more efficiency. Somehow i think this would end up happening in old AV as well.

Elemental Lord HighlordJohnstone's Avatar
    I live at a location, somewhere, ya know? :D
    Welcome to Classic WoW.

(While in BFA AV)
    LUL back to CLASSIC scrub, retail AV is the true version.

You can't expect people to "un-figure out" AV and just have a brawl in the middle just so you can relive your childhood. If you have a lot of people in there just to honor farm and the best way to honor farm is zerging, win or lose, it is what you're going to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Isn't it exactly what Alterac Valley was in 1.12? If so the players are ruining it not blizzard.
    This.

Blizz gave you what you wanted, AV untainted but players know every fucking thing now so anything "trivial" is going to get steamrolled and whatever you expect from future phases of classic just remember "players know everything".
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -updated 2/8/2019

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    You can't expect people to "un-figure out" AV and just have a brawl in the middle just so you can relive your childhood. If you have a lot of people in there just to honor farm and the best way to honor farm is zerging, win or lose, it is what you're going to get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    This.

Blizz gave you what you wanted, AV untainted but players know every fucking thing now so anything "trivial" is going to get steamrolled and whatever you expect from future phases of classic just remember "players know everything".
    No, this is the tainted AV.

People didn't "figure" things out or "know everything". This is exactly how 1.12 AV was played until later buffs to AV in late TBC. The reason for that is that 1.12 heavily nerfed an already nerfed version of AV. It's not the players that changed the way it was played. This is the way it was played, because it's designed to be played that way. Hence people didn't want 1.12 AV.

The Lightbringer Monster Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    yeah, get that stuff over with so we can complain that there is nothing to do!
    I don't think it's sunk in yet for many that once the last phase drops.... That's it.
    stuck in the D2:shadow keep Que....please send help!

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    No, this is the tainted AV.

People didn't "figure" things out or "know everything". This is exactly how 1.12 AV was played until later buffs to AV in late TBC. The reason for that is that 1.12 heavily nerfed an already nerfed version of AV. It's not the players that changed the way it was played. This is the way it was played, because it's designed to be played that way. Hence people didn't want 1.12 AV.
    Untainted being nochanges

And I would imagine that people have figured out a tiny bit about AV since 2006
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -updated 2/8/2019

Untainted being nochanges
    TBC Pre-patch is also untainted #nochanges Vanilla yet it would look pretty weird if Blizzard brought that out as Classic wouldn't you agree?

And I would imagine that people have figured out a tiny bit about AV since 2006
    You still don't get it. People didn't "figure anything out" since 2006. This is literally how AV was played in 2006 (22 august) up until 13 November 2007.
    Last edited by Naraga; 2019-12-11 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    1.12 AV is the quickest and worst version of AV has ever been.
    Fixed it for you: 1.12 AV is the quickest and BEST version of AV has ever been.

The only time I ever enjoyed PvP zones even a tiny bit was zerging the absolute FUCK out of Drek'thar, every single time. It was beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post
    Fixed it for you: 1.12 AV is the quickest and BEST version of AV has ever been.

The only time I ever enjoyed PvP zones even a tiny bit was zerging the absolute FUCK out of Drek'thar, every single time. It was beautiful.
    Why do you bother playing at all?

Why do you bother playing at all?
    I ask the same question to every person that wants flying from the start in retail.
    I guess there is just a sizeable chunk of the playerbase that prefers to ignore as much of the gameplay as possible.

It's a bad joke

All they need to do to make it like it was in vanilla is buff the absolute fuck out of the warmasters. make them immune to disarm, and make them 1 shot anything that comes anywhere near them. that would make it so you need to take objectives

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I ask the same question to every person that wants flying from the start in retail.
    I guess there is just a sizeable chunk of the playerbase that prefers to ignore as much of the gameplay as possible.
    I honestly just don't get it.

Its like skipping to the end of a book or movie.

Or playing against your self in cards.

Like.... If you find a game how it's intended so much bother you want to change it be removing or skipping or speeding up content, why bother playing it at all when there's millions of other things you can do with your free time

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    TBC Pre-patch is also untainted #nochanges Vanilla yet it would look pretty weird if Blizzard brought that out as Classic wouldn't you agree?
    2.0.1 is BC

You still don't get it. People didn't "figure anything out" since 2006. This is literally how AV was played in 2006 (22 august) up until 13 November 2007.
    That's fine. I'm not saying that it wasn't. But I would still imagine it's been refined in 13 years

That's fine. I'm not saying that it wasn't. But I would still imagine it's been refined in 13 years
    You're trolling. Noone refined anything. They completely changed AV in the middle of TBC again.
    i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6+ | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000/CL15 @ 3200/CL14 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | 256GB Samsung EVO 850 PRO | 2TB WD2003FZEX | 2TB WD20EFRX | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Seriously, people aren't even capping anything. It's 5 minute games.
    Welcome to playing a game that people have already learned to optimize, the problem is AV needs to do things to actually force you to destroy the towers and people have been saying that for years but Blizz didn't listen.
    J. Allen Brack was right all along
    "You think you do, but you don't."

Hehe, this is so funny.

Like.... If you find a game how it's intended so much bother you want to change it
    WOOO! someone tossed the word salad a little too long. Just remember, it is THEIR free time, not yours. How arrogant do you have to be to think you get to say what people should or shouldn't do with their spare time, and even HOW they should be playing certain games.