Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

(Leaked Blizzard Survey) Show Retail team is PARANOID about Classic!

Whether it's the BFA-Classic Survey that was just leaked (See 1), or the leaks from a disgruntled employee that came out in the Summer (See 2), two things have become quite clear:
    BFA is a Catastrophe, and the Retail team is SCARED!

Sources:

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7SKM5HAFsA (Leaked Blizzard survey about BFA/Classic)
    2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufOxzM3e8Ho (Summer 2019 Leaks from Disgruntled Employee)
    3) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct51GNS7Epw (First BFA survey)

According to the internal leaks (2), BFA was a catastrophe that the Retail team refused to acknowledge, even though subscriber numbers dipped below 1 Million.

Now apparently the Retail team was becoming afraid that the Classic team was going to replace them, and when you compound that with the fact subscriber numbers went up a reported 233% when Classic came out, had over a Million viewers on Twitch, and won the PC Game of the Year 2019 at the Golden Joystick awards; something BFA did NOT win, you can see why the Retail team is scared about keeping their jobs.

Remember, this is the SECOND BFA survey Blizzard has sent out in a year. Because it looks like they're desperate to get people to play this dumpster-fire of an expansion.

They even had a question in the survey (1) to see if you even knew the name of the next expansion...pre-orders must be really low.

I wonder why.

I wonder why people don't want to buy re-hashed garbage expansions...it's a real mystery to me.

I thought people liked doing World quests, Mission tables, collecting mounts, pets, and achievements.

Classic is dominating the game right now, and the Retail team are scared their jobs might be on the chopping block next.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    How can classic "team" which brought back old textures and servers replace designers of new content?

Nice bait

Quote Originally Posted by hlodvig1505 View Post
    How can classic "team" which brought back old textures and servers replace designers of new content?
    That's not the point. The point is that the game they made is garbage when a reashed 15 year old product warranted more attention and apparently success

7+ Year Old Account
    Finally, a legit leak. I'm convinced!!!

The "Classic" Team is mostly made up by devs put on recreating things, not creating new stuff.
    So the issue at hand aren't necessarily the people but the design philosophy that are being applied.
    I guess if you give Ion free reign, he'd be the first to design an expansion in spirit of classic.

Though the only thing in that regard which should "frighten" the retail team is Activision, because they might ask why recreating an old game brings in so many subs while a dev team with an headcount of 60+ needs more and more MTX to generate revenue.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    There is no classic design team as classic has no new content. This is the weakest conspiracy theory in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Enabrann View Post
    Whether it's the BFA-Classic Survey that was just leaked (See 1), or the leaks from a disgruntled employee that came out in the Summer (See 2), two things have become quite clear:

Sources:

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7SKM5HAFsA (Leaked Blizzard survey about BFA/Classic)
    2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufOxzM3e8Ho (Summer 2019 Leaks from Disgruntled Employee)

According to the internal leaks (2), BFA was a catastrophe that the Retail team refused to acknowledge, even though subscriber numbers dipped below 1 Million.

Now apparently the Retail team was becoming afraid that the Classic team was going to replace them, and when you compound that with the fact subscriber numbers went up a reported 233% when Classic came out, had over a Million viewers on Twitch, and won the PC Game of the Year 2019 at the Golden Joystick awards; something BFA did NOT win, you can see why the Retail team is scared about keeping their jobs.

Remember, this is the SECOND BFA survey Blizzard has sent out in a year. Because it looks like they're desperate to get people to play this dumpster-fire of an expansion.

They even had a question in the survey (1) to see if you even knew the name of the next expansion...pre-orders must be really low.

I wonder why.

I wonder why people don't want to buy re-hashed garbage expansions...it's a real mystery to me.

I thought people liked doing World quests, Mission tables, collecting mounts, pets, and achievements.

Classic is dominating the game right now, and the Retail team are scared their jobs might be on the chopping block next.
    I say either learn from the devs there or get stomped, that's the only way they will keep their jobs.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goradan View Post
    I say either learn from the devs there or get stomped, that's the only way they will keep their jobs.
    You can’t learn from people not actually making content you guys know this right?

It's pretty annoying that you can just review a post history and know that someone is baiting, but cannot point it out without being infractioned. It is what it is though.

10+ Year Old Account

Sources:

I wonder why.

If you work in the videogames industry, 90% of the time you are scared that your job might be on the chopping block next.

It's the nature of an ever-changing entertainment medium. Not to mention the hostile nature of the gaming community.

But do you have the sources without obnoxious retards doikg narration?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ayyy this will be a good thread

You'r right OP, Classic is dominating the Retail and it's not even a competition anymore - BfA is really bad. When they demote Ion Hazzaquestions and let the Super Classic Bros. Team launch World of WoW 2 we'll see the second golden age of MMORPGs.

Sources:

I wonder why.

1. Classic team is like 5 guys and a donky named George who kicks servers, it's not a full dev team because they don't actually develop anything.

2. The wow MAU's didn't grow 223% god knows what ass you pulled that from, the Quarterly results show an increase of 1m MAU's of the last quarter which had 3mil MAU's. So even being generous that's not a 223% increase.

3. Classic is basicly dead now in twitch. Like most new things it enjoyed its time as a curiosity. Retail + classic is only 13th and that's mostly because of asmongold.

4. The golden joystick award is a joke in the PC catagory as barely any one but indie devs release PC exclusives, subnautica and indie steam game won it in 2018 lol.

5. This over the top display isn't convincing any one and it's not going to get players like me and others back to playing this trash.

Wows dead, we killed it, now move on.

I posted this years ago on Arena Junkies, but this is the main reason we didn't see what was still called "legacy servers" back then till now.

Due to various factors (Peter's principle, activision interventions etc) WoW degraded from a great game to a piece of garbage. All these people have been "improving" upon a 15 year old product only to have player numbers to go down from 2008 onward. If there is no real competition, you can just blame the downfall on shifts in the gaming market, so it never had any repercussions.

For these people there was never any benefit for legacy servers to exist. Either they fail, and it'll end up being a waste of resources. Or they succeed, and it shows that all these years, all their work, all their investments, have been for absolutely nothing.

So internally they convinced the top that there is no demand for legacy servers. No profit to be made. I imagine they kept this internal charade up until the huge success of Nostalrius finally made someone in the top of Blizzard notice. And the ball got rolling from there.

I wouldn't be surprised to see heads roll at Blizzard in the near future. And many ego's crushed.
    Last edited by Naraga; 2019-12-20 at 06:13 PM.

Yes! You heard it here, retail is dead! Only classic remains, and will remain! VANILLA YESTERDAY! VANILLA TODAY! VANILLA FOREVER! Get wrecked you expansion whores, Burning Crusade ruined WoW! Now let us all sit here and enjoy this game frozen forever in time. Let the salt flow!
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

10+ Year Old Account

Sources:

I wonder why.

I love when people always say how big Classic WAS. Don't get me wrong, retail isn't in the greatest shape right now and I'm glad that Classic is doing well, but I love how people continue to talk about how big Classic was on launch and not how big it is now. We all know there were massive amounts of tourists, and plenty of people who tried and quit around 30-40. Who cares if Classic had over a million viewers on twitch and 233% sub increase, where is it now? How many of those sub remains? What's it's twitch viewership outside Asmonsplerg and other Streamers who simply have dedicated followers that watch/play ANYTHING that their streamer does?

As it is, Classic has an end point, where as retail has been a sub roller coaster since Cata. WoD was awful, then it bounced back in Legion. BFA isn't very good, but it could bounce back in Shadowlands. Classic will hit Naxx and start to fall little by little, and Classic eventually has a huge gate to current content that will cause a lot of people to shy away from it. Retail is easy to get into and back into, Classic won't be.

Once Classic has been out for a year we'll have a better idea of where it stands. Also, does anyone else find it just a tad strange that a game from 2004 won a 2019 award? They didn't even polish or remaster it.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    That's not the point. The point is that the game they made is garbage when a reashed 15 year old product warranted more attention and apparently success
    Nostalgia is a powerful thing. Just look at the Force Awakens. Look how well remasters and remakes do for films. Or do you truely believe that classic wow paladins are designed better than bfa?

Sources:

I wonder why.

Oh cool, a bunch of 4chan "leaks" which were all proven to be completely wrong. Great.

Lemme get out my checklist.
    *"Dipped below 1 million", check
    *Heelsvsbabyface video, check
    *Disproven leaks, check
    *Fairly new account, check.

You guys need new material, it gets dull seeing the same joke over and over.