Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Just make sure kill the lieutenants and commanders.
    Then you aren't afking, your actually participating.

They need to make AV last longer, but you still can't literally AFK and expect to win.

Warsong
    13-18 minutes queue time
    2k honor per win
    0 honor when lose
    4min - 45min per match

AV
    1-2min queue time
    2k honor per lose, up to 4k honor per win
    6 - 15 min per match

Warsong solo queue = cancer
    AV solo queue = i can go afk and have all the honor

How long until the first AFK rank 14 pops up?
    Seems like you don't know how you get to r14.

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Then you aren't afking, your actually participating.

They need to make AV last longer, but you still can't literally AFK and expect to win.
    Let me rephrase

Just hope that your group kills all lieutenants and commanders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Seems like you don't know how you get to r14.
    We will see if WSG premade actually gets to R14 before some dude who grinded AV like a mongrel.

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Then you aren't afking, your actually participatin
    The honor from them is global. You don't even have to be alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Let me rephrase

Just hope that your group kills all lieutenants and commanders.

- - - Updated - - -

We will see if WSG premade actually gets to R14 before some dude who grinded AV like a mongrel.
    To be fair, everyone expects AV to slow down as people get exalted and start forcing turtles. WSG is probably going to be the most efficient way to grind in 2-3 weeks.

I don't think anyone actually likes the current PvP system. But it's what was in classic.

Which confirms what I say. Premades are dead, you can literally afk your way to rank 14. All you need it time and endurance and you can do it solo
    No, the AFK team get half as much as the playing team. If both teams happen to be AFK, nobody gets anything as nobody left the starting spot. Since it is all relative, the AFK team will never get rank 14, probably never get a double digit rank.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    When you afk for 5 mins u get kicked. Blizz detects auto mouse clicker. The entire honor system is based off of time played for the most part anyway.

If someone wants to sit at their computer queuing for AV and jumping every few mins to avoid afk, for 15 hours a day, I say let them get 14. Not really any different than a 10 man premade stomping pugs without any real threat of losing.
    My vanilla guild leader AFK'd in AV all day and got rank 13. He not only told everybody about it but never got in trouble. He indirectly proved wrong all the people back then who said you would be banned for AFKing.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    To think Rank 14 actually matters...
    The weapons are only a slight upgrade to what's available from BWL and then the gear is replaced in AQ.
    That makes them currently the best weapons in the game by a significant margin, since BWL isn't out yet, and AQ is unlikely to drop for months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

The weapons are only a slight upgrade to what's available from BWL and then the gear is replaced in AQ.
    It varies by classes. Some don't replace R14 weapons until Naxx. And even if they get replaced in AQ, that's months away.
    Phase 3 : BWL in January/February
    Phase 4 : ZG in April/May
    Phase 5 : AQ in July/August
    Phase 6 : Naxx in November/December/January
    Then we'll have about 9 months of end-game before TBC arrives in late Summer 2022

The first R14s are coming in early February. That's 6-8 months before Phase 5 even begins. Skipping AQ weapons also puts you in priority for Naxx weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterland View Post
    It varies by classes. Some don't replace R14 weapons until Naxx. And even if they get replaced in AQ, that's months away.
    Phase 3 : BWL in January/February
    Phase 4 : ZG in April/May
    Phase 5 : AQ in July/August
    Phase 6 : Naxx in November/December/January
    Then we'll have about 9 months of end-game before TBC arrives in late Summer 2022

The first R14s are coming in early February. That's 6-8 months before Phase 5 even begins. Skipping AQ weapons also puts you in priority for Naxx weapons.
    OMG! How did you get access to such detailed dates? Do you work for Blizzard? Or you just have an insider? This is so exciting to see it all laid out, factually, so we all know! save this post before its deleted people!

No, because you didn't have cross realm BGs. AV had like hours long waiting times back in the day.
    Yes you did. The “feature” of 1.12 was CRBGs you idiot.

- - - Updated - - -

Grinding to R13 is fun to Min/Max on gear slots.
    R14 is a complete waste, just a status on how much time you can afk in BGs.
    THere's this too. There are TONS of people on my Server (Kromcrush US) that are just convinced that theyll get those sweet epics and that PvP is a guaranteed way to get better gear than BWL.

Then i point out to them that about 5% of people can EVER get the PvP gear, and anyone will be able to PuG BWL within two or three weeks of release, or at worst, pay for a gear carry and get guaranteed items that are as good or better.

- - - Updated - - -

What the OP is not getting is that you cant AFK your way to 14. Yes, lets assume "everyone" is AFKing or just chain-running AV.

The people who ARENT AFKing, but actually PLAYING in the chain-runs, will get more honor because of HKs.

That ALONE will ensure that no one AFKing their way through will get past about rank 11.

That simple.

And? What will the others do? They'll just afk for longer in AV than what my rl schedule would allow for. Okay, good for them. Still they afked themselves to R14.
    Until someone reports them for afk. Then they have a 30 min debuff and get smashed down the rankings. I wouldn't be surprised if people go in there with a few people whose job it is to report everyone for being afk.

Sitting there pressing a button every minute is not afk. You are actually sitting there at your keyboard making sure no one is reporting you. This type of gameplay is super boring. Someone will do it just so they can add it to a blizzard hate YouTube channel. But I guarentee that all others will actively play the game. They may account share but that's another issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Why would you want Rank 14 that you earned by AFK. Why are you even subbed or playing the game. RIDICULOUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    That ALONE will ensure that no one AFKing their way through will get past about rank 11.

That simple.
    I would say its more a case that this queue situation with AV isn't going to last very long. A lot of PvE'rs are there only for the rewards and once they hit exalted will never queue again.

If it did remain as it was, someone able to "AFK" AV for 12 hours a day will get shitloads more honor than someone 'participating' for just 8 or 9 hours a day. HKs don't give *that* much more honor per game compared to the win. So the bigger factor will always be "who has more time" and if it's just being "AFK" you can probably afford to dedicate more time to being in AV, and it will fatigue you less than getting inolved every game.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Just make sure kill the lieutenants and commanders.
    That's definitely how afk works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    The honor from them is global. You don't even have to be alive.
    Explain how someone who asks will do better than a pre-made group?
    "Hey guys. Let's kill the commanders and such". "Shut up noob"
    vs
    A group who goes out of their way to get the extra honor every single time while the rest go straight to the boss.

You may not even be alive but if you're afk then they are probably not dying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    My vanilla guild leader AFK'd in AV all day and got rank 13. He not only told everybody about it but never got in trouble. He indirectly proved wrong all the people back then who said you would be banned for AFKing.
    Your GL was a liar.
    Different report system
    You still don't get banned for asking in PvP today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Explain how someone who asks will do better than a pre-made group?
    "Hey guys. Let's kill the commanders and such". "Shut up noob"
    vs
    A group who goes out of their way to get the extra honor every single time while the rest go straight to the boss.

You may not even be alive but if you're afk then they are probably not dying.
    Asks? Seems the norm so far. Eitherways the point was "You can be AFK and they can still die and you get given 198 honor for it".

What are you talking about? You have instant invites in AV vs up to 15 minutes waiting time for WSG. You are out-honoring WSG premades by like double the amount of honor per hour. If not more.

I can see that you might want to hunt for extra kills within the AV, but others will benefit there as well as long as they're in range.
    You seem to either not know or not realize that alot, ALOT of people will stop doing AV so intensely once they are Exalted with the faction and can buy the rewards from that. After that, you'll mostly see AV being fast queued on AV weekends.

WSG however is probably where the action will be once the people somewhat serious about honor gains are Exalted, as it always was. Lots of honor and HK's. I get what you're saying, you can basically AFK up to very high ranks, maybe not 14 but maybe even that. You'll not do it in any way efficiently and even the most efficient way is 12 weeks of nolife PVP.
    "DIE, INSECT!" - words to live by

No, because you didn't have cross realm BGs.
    Yes you did. Youre spouting all sorts of non-sense. We get it you dont like AV. How many threads do you need to express that?

- - - Updated - - -

Meh, I didn't remember that 1.12 had cross realm bgs. Who cares? Next you'll tell me that 1.12 is the "vanilla" experience we were all hoping for
    You should look up the definition of what a non-sequitur is.