Poll: Best WoW Expansion of THIS decade?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tending the farm in MoP was probably the comfiest activity I'd ever done in WoW.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously MoP and Legion

cata > mop >>>>>>>>>>> wod > other trash

15+ Year Old Account
    Legion

MoP, BfA
    Cata, WoD

Cata, killed wow for me so I stopped playing for about a year and a half. WoD probably should have been a patch and not a whole expansion. BfA has been hit and miss though I love the design of it and some of the lore is great. MoP, which was a total troll idea, turned out to be great. Legion, along with classic and Wrath, are the essential expansions that lend themselves the best to Warcraft. Going from WC3 to WoW blew our fucking minds and so finishing the storylines in Wrath and esspecially Legion was what many of us had been waiting for.
    It's a trap!

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    Genuinely surprised so many says pandaria. That's easily the worst expansion ever released imo.
    Ahem, why? And don't say "muh, Pandas"...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    you mean the expansion where warriors were wanted in every group? Prot Warrior with cape was strong asf and fury and arms were both neck and neck to eachother. This is coming from an MoP Warrior main.
    The playstyles were awful.
    Kupo.

Legion > BFA > Cata > MoP > WoD

I was originally going to make one for Gameplay and one for Story, only to find out I rank them exactly the same for these five.

Not sure why so many people are obsessed with MoP.

The theme was very un-warcraft like. The story was pretty similar to the faction stuff in BFA, only with less voice-acting, cutscenes and cinematics.

People say it had a bunch of content, but it had less raid content than BC, Wrath, Legion, and BFA. No patch dungeons, and the "world content" was just a bunch of dailies. (Maybe i'm biased, because i'm a freak that infinitely prefers WQ and emissaries to dailies)
    Last edited by EntertainmentNihilist; 2019-12-12 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Wanted to rant about MoP

MoP, and close second Legion.

BFA is as always, since MOP, an artistically and sound design wise fenomenal expansion. The systems and overarching stories are a dumpster fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Sconners88 View Post
    Gameplay first. That used to be Blizzards mantra.

You said it yourself. MoP had "interesting" class design. When the classes are fun to play you can ignore other issues because the gameplay loop is so satisfying.

When the classes are fucking dogshit like they are in BfA. All the other issues become more prominent.
    What was so much better about the MoP classes? With a few exceptions that got totally re-worked (survival-hunter, shadow priest, demonology warlock), they seem pretty much the same to me. Albeit with some niche-buttons removed. I like that personally, I don't want to have to juggle 20 abilities in my head when trying to fight mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion, followed closely by MoP. I thought to give it to MoP, but in the end Legion was a really great expansion that IMO edged out MoP overall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    BFA is as always, since MOP, an artistically and sound design wise fenomenal expansion.
    Blizzard art and sound guys are killing it. BfA has some amazing music and art, it is a shame that it loses out when it comes to various systems and plot being overall subpar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    MoP was essentially daily quests to the max.
    that died at patch 5.1, dailies became optional again
    heck MoP is only exp they gave BOA items that increase reputation massively, something that every exp need
    Quote Originally Posted by n7stormreaver View Post
    Pandaria for sure, Legion would be #1 if not for rampant Titanforge bs.
    MoP started that...
    Quote Originally Posted by TransMog View Post
    Anyone voting MoP probably didnt DPS as a warrior
    i didn't play warrior i admit in MoP, generally i don't play warrior, just random alt i may or may not lvl

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    legion was the peak of gameplay. every spec was hella fun if you had the correct legendaries.
    disagree... healing in MoP was far more fun than Legion
    in MoP u had far more 'oh sh8t' buttons, not to mention that classes stock to their strongest points, druid had amazing hots but can't heal tank, Legion made healers very similar, druid hots got weaker but his direct heal got stronger, who plays a druid to stand and cast healing!? (and i mained healing priest in wrath hardcore raiding btw, not druid)

And I wonder how did WoD get 19 vote, snowflake, hipsters or just flat out trolls? I can understand (also see it unfair) WoD beat bfa, but to be considered best exp in compare to MoP, Legion and Cata ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Legion was a transformative experience. Easily best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Ahem, why? And don't say "muh, Pandas"...
    story is sh8t, 1st tier raid was boring, and MoP introduced for first time the idea of major patch without a raid was ok, start of titanforge, start of farmville, start of 'death' of flying (technically u can play entire exp without flying and u lose nothing), the worse talent system

Btw i voted MoP out of all those options just because class gameplay is probably the best in all those options, if not best overall in game for many classes i played (maybe not for all classes, like Moonkin druid or retardin)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    What was so much better about the MoP classes? With a few exceptions that got totally re-worked (survival-hunter, shadow priest, demonology warlock), they seem pretty much the same to me. Albeit with some niche-buttons removed. I like that personally, I don't want to have to juggle 20 abilities in my head when trying to fight mobs.
    Many if not all classes got reworked since MoP. Not just the ones you listed, but also (and I only list classes I play/played in raids): Disc priest, Holy priest, Frost DK (give me back my 2h weapon pls!), Unholy DK, Affliction Warlock, all Monks. Destruction warlock was slowed down pretty badly, but not really reworked.
    I assume other classes are affected as well. And there were not just nieche buttons removed but entire game concepts: Snapshotting, Mana for DPS classes (except Arcane mage and that specs needs very much love), Glyphs (replaced by Legiondaries and now in BfA they are missinng). Oh, and let's not forget every single ability that is now a PVP-Talent...
    And in the meantime we gained nothing since WoD.

So "pretty much the same" is not really true...

If you didn't vote MoP you're 100% trolling, I'm all for having opinions but sometimes you're just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    MoP introduced for first time the idea of major patch without a raid was ok,
    Do you not remember TBC and patch 2.2?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    First of all, you regarded one of the expansions with the most features in the history of this game as having

which I assure you, the majority of the player base does not share this view. We had Challenge Modes with kickass looking sets for every class, we had Proving Grounds, we had Brawlers Guild, we had Pet Battles, we had Scenarios(similar to Island Expeditions), we had Isle of Thunder, we had the dinosaur island(whatever it name was) and there are probably things that I'm missing. And all this is just the innovative things we got. So yeah, you saying that there was "nothing to do for a very long time" speaks volumes here.
    Oh please, I have way better memory than that "majority" you speak of. And in general I have really good memory.
    I did gold challenge modes in MoP, it was good but week of experience at best.
    Brawlers guild max rank each season since MoP (included), couple of days of fun then forget about it till next expansion - we still have it.
    Proving ground was only fun for achievement you are doing it really wrong which i did somewhere around WoD with warrior - we still have it.
    Pet battles - have now about 980+ unique pets, did celestial tournament around MoP - great feature but it is ongoing.
    Isle of thunder and dinosaur island cannot even hold candle to mechagon
    Timeless isle was somewhat fun.
    Scenarios were really boooooring, way more boring than islands as you didn't have items like N.U.K.E
    And I also did a farm

Yes, there was nothing to do because all that "content" was consumed really quickly. Especially after clearing heroic SoO (no mythic was at that time).

Second, there is such thing as "widely considered" and it's pretty obvious in this case. Have you seen any threads/topics/post praising War Fronts(which was announced as one of the main features of the expansion, instead we got only 2, which became chores after the first run-through) and Island Expeditions(which had to be run into oblivion by anyone who wanted min/max and farm AP for the lack of other unlimited sources)?
    No, there is no such thing, at least here. Only blizzard CAN know what majority thinks. And yes, I have seen a lot of people enjoying island expeditions:
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767618605

It's just your own ignorance and trying to project your opinion as "majority".
    And I did enjoy warfronts first couple of times, then i simply forgot about it. It doesn't make this expansion worse simply because its completely optional.
    Like a farm in MoP was optional.

Third, if you think that War Mode was the "absolute best expansion feature" then you haven't paid attention to what problems were there with it at the start of the expansion. One of the factions had no other choice but to turn it OFF, or it made leveling literally(and I mean literally) a nightmare and near impossible. So, one of the sides had a constant 10% buff to rewards and the other one was screwed out of it. When they gave the other faction a reason to fight against the odds, and they started camping everyone and everything(even Flight Masters) there was another outcry, this time from the dominating faction. So, yeah, the way they implemented War Mode at the beginning was a massive failure.
    You have to be shitting me? This is EXACTLY why it was fukken great. Because you had OPTION, a CHOICE that you previously didn't have if your friends were on PVP server. And you still don't understand the difference between sharding and warmode.

Next, yes, AP farm was worse in Legion, I regarded that in my previous post, and still they could have handled it much better at the start of the expansion. Same with the Azerite Gear.
    Like a 4-leggo cap at the beginning of legion? Suuuuure, legion handled that better. Some people were creating another alt if they got unlucky with leggos.

About the Followers Missions- it absolutely can't be ignored, if you want to finish your War Campaign, because there are quests with missions tied to it.
    What, you are mad about having to put 1-3 missions? Seriously?

Storywise, I myself enjoyed Legion much more with the Class Hall campaigns and Suramar was a masterpiece, in my opinion. In BFA we had some hits and misses- we had Drustvar on one hand, which was one of the better ones, then we had Stormsong which was very disjointed. Not to talk about the War Campaign which was all over the place. And I won't even mention the adventures of "morally gray" Sylvanas and her 32D Chess.
    Suramar cannot hold a candle to Mechagon, not even remotely close. And legions - goddamn fel green everywhere again.
    And story, well, it always sucked, MoP story was completely disjointed after cataclysm, who would have thought about that. And don't get me started about WoD alternative timeline bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Many if not all classes got reworked since MoP. Not just the ones you listed, but also (and I only list classes I play/played in raids): Disc priest, Holy priest, Frost DK (give me back my 2h weapon pls!), Unholy DK, Affliction Warlock, all Monks. Destruction warlock was slowed down pretty badly, but not really reworked.
    I assume other classes are affected as well. And there were not just nieche buttons removed but entire game concepts: Snapshotting, Mana for DPS classes (except Arcane mage and that specs needs very much love), Glyphs (replaced by Legiondaries and now in BfA they are missinng). Oh, and let's not forget every single ability that is now a PVP-Talent...
    And in the meantime we gained nothing since WoD.

So "pretty much the same" is not really true...
    "Re-worked" = bad? Most of the changes make the classes more different. Demo warlocks, for example, are no longer just a warlock with a pet and a demon form, now they get to command an entire mini-army of demons! Not sure why you want every spec to be the same, that's dull.

And as for things like Snapshotting, Mana, and Glyphs, how do those things add to the game? Managing mana isn't fun combat (I personally just find it irritating), aside from the minor ones glyphs just ended up being cookie-cutter, and snaphotting is clunky and un-intuitive.

As for frost DK, why do you want *all* death knights to be the same? Distinction is good. It gives you more options.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sconners88 View Post
    I can't go into every single class but to claim they are "pretty much the same" is laughable. Like, fucking hilarious.

Here's the story of MoP Warlock Class Design. When they actually had dedicated class devs and actually took feedback:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._class_design/

This is the prune that happened in WoD. Top image is WoD. Bottom image is MoP. Direct comparisons:

https://imgur.com/a/fTNLR

This is the gutting that happened in Legion. Which turned specializations into "mini classes" instead of exactly what they're called - specializations:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20742845147

Then here, more recently in BfA. They went ever further with the neutering. Somehow making it worse than Legion:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._suffers_from/

Then here is even Ion himself admitting their failure:

https://massivelyop.com/2019/06/22/b...-gone-too-far/

This should give you some light reading. You can disagree and say you like the dumbed down design. But nothing was stopping you just not binding those extra abilities back in the day. Why can't you let better players have flavour abilities that they rarely use but were still useful?
    I do like the "dumbed down" design. And I don't fully agree with Ion, I prefer fast-paced, reaction-based combat to constant decision making. Probably why I was so happy about the "Diabloificaion" of WoW in Legion. I always said that I wanted the gameplay/combat of WoW to be more diablo-like.

But as for the extra abilities, flavor is fine, but having to juggle 10-20 abilities to do acceptable damage/healing isn't. Luckily, the class "de-pruning" in shadowlands seems *mostly* just little flavor abilities. Though as an Ele Shaman, I really like just being an elemental caster that doesn't work with totems, and hope they don't force me to use them.

3+ Year Old Account
    MoP, followed closely by Legion. Both were great, light years ahead of Cata and WoD in my opinion. BfA, of course, dead last.

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    "Re-worked" = bad? Most of the changes make the classes more different. Demo warlocks, for example, are no longer just a warlock with a pet and a demon form, now they get to command an entire mini-army of demons! Not sure why you want every spec to be the same, that's dull.

And as for things like Snapshotting, Mana, and Glyphs, how do those things add to the game? Managing mana isn't fun combat (I personally just find it irritating), aside from the minor ones glyphs just ended up being cookie-cutter, and snaphotting is clunky and un-intuitive.

As for frost DK, why do you want *all* death knights to be the same? Distinction is good. It gives you more options.

- - - Updated - - -

I do like the "dumbed down" design. And I don't fully agree with Ion, I prefer fast-paced, reaction-based combat to constant decision making. Probably why I was so happy about the "Diabloificaion" of WoW in Legion. I always said that I wanted the gameplay/combat of WoW to be more diablo-like.

But as for the extra abilities, flavor is fine, but having to juggle 10-20 abilities to do acceptable damage/healing isn't. Luckily, the class "de-pruning" in shadowlands seems *mostly* just little flavor abilities. Though as an Ele Shaman, I really like just being an elemental caster that doesn't work with totems, and hope they don't force me to use them.

people like you are the reason why the game is so bad..