Poll: Best WoW Expansion of THIS decade?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ppl who voted for cata or bfa must be trolls

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP easily. Legion is also fantastic but MoP edges it out for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Toss up between Legion and MoP for me on this one. I liked them both for different reasons - legendary combos with spec(s) for Legion, and general class design (warlock, lol) in MoP. I enjoyed MoP's raids slightly more than Legion - Throne of Thunder really remains one of my favorites to date.

Honorable mention to the "hard" dungeons in Cats.

MoP edges out from Legion. Legion has much better theming and had a lot of potential to be one of the best expansions, but loses out on the execution where they turned the Burning Legion into a joke and starting this whole titanforging, endless grinds and artifacts for everyone fiasco. MoP overall has better quality content and classes felt so much better to play than anything that came afterwards. Legion should've been the better expansion since it was not a filler expansion like MoP, but it didn't turn out to be.

Cata, WoD and BFA are about as equally as bad for different reasons. Cata took fun content out of the game and changed the philosophy completely. WoD lacked content and classes started to get a lot less fun to play. BFA is a weaker Legion where all their new features (island expeditions, warfronts) bombed when it comes to having fun with them.

7+ Year Old Account
    MoP -> Legion -> Cats -> BfA -> WoD

MoP and Legion get high scores from me on the simple ground that both had a shitload of varied stuff to do and both had visuals I liked. MoP wins out due to having superior class gameplay and amazing music.

Cara comes next but I wasn't a huge fan. I liked Vasjh'ir and Deepholm and the Worgen, but I found the first raids to be boring and the dungeons not necessarily hard just tedious. Firelands was fun.

BfA is rather meh to me. I find most of the features stale and boring and the class gameplay really dull. No tier sets or mounts I could care about drags this expac down. If I sub I tend to do older content instead of current.

WoD had orcs and brown and grey and linearity and boring Garrisons. Need I say more? Unsubbed for most of it.

1. Legion. Why? Uhm, well, the raids are great. Sargeras wasn't TOO wasted (Though, I wish Blizzard did MUCH more with him), the Artifacts were cool, the Story wasn't inconsistent, the threat felt threatening, and the story ended off in a fulfilling way. Only issue: Sargeras' plot was a little rushed, the Legion felt a little too weak, and Argus felt kind of wasted. But, that's about it. And, unpopular opinion: I loved Illidan in this expansion. Like. A lot!

2. MoP. I love this expansion. Idk why people hate it. The themes are dark enough to not feel edgy, the raids were amazing, the music and art were brilliant. And, let's be honest here, this was when Sodapoppin peaked. Only issues: SoO was too long, the Alliance vs Horde story line kind of sucked, 5.3 SUCKED for Alliance players, and Garrosh was trash in 5.3-5.4. Like, seriously, wtf Blizzard?!

3. Cata. This was okay. The storyline was good. The firelands was fine. PVP was meh. The music and art were great (as per usual). And Deathwing was extremely badass and memorable. Issues: Everything was meh asf, the raids were mostly trash (Other than Bastion and Firelands), the ending sucked, fuck Dragon Soul with a passion, and uhm...THRALL!

4. WoD. The raids, music, and leveling were some of the best in WoW. I don't even need to mention the art here, because...HOLY FUCK! I'm in love. But that's it. The endgame was...NOTHING, the story line was rushed and sucked a ton of donkey dicks, Archimonde was just thrown in there (Though, we all predicted him to be the final boss cause demons were in there, as well as a toy that practically confirmed his presence in the Expansion), and Ashran got BORING, fast! Oh, and I'll never forgive Blizzard for: A. Wasting Karabor and Bladespire, 2. Wasting Farahlon, and 3. Giving us that TERRIBLE ending.

5. BFA. Fuck this expansion. The Art and Music are good, that's it. The Eternal Palace was rather boring, they completely rushed N'zoth (Die please? Thanks!), The Alliance Vs Horde conflict sucks ass, the lead-in to Shadowlands is quite possibly the most childish thing I've ever seen in WoW (And I've seen a Gnome King turn himself into Ice just before nearly blowing up the Horde Champions of Azeroth into submission), Jaina is bipolar, Wrathion SUDDENLY returns and claims that the Old Gods are worse than the Legion (DIE!), Magni is ass, The HoA is the worst system ever, Warfronts don't feel threatening at all (ESPECIALLY HEROIC WARFRONTS! Literally, be a boosted 120, and you're still fine! I know this because I DID IT!), Anduin isn't present throughout most of the Expansion (WHY?!), and...ugh...

Sylvanas.

Sylvanas is the edgiest WoW Character. It's honestly become extremely hard to watch. "tHiS woooRLd...iS A PRiSon" UUUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

And Shadowlands just feels like Diablo put into WoW. Doesn't look as bad as BFA, but it doesn't look better than WoD either. So, yeah, F in the chat for 9.0 right there.

Easily Mists of Pandaria is one of my favorite expansions and game ever. The story, atmosphere, and overall content I loved throughout it's patches makes it amazing. One of the only downsides sadly was how long the last tier lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    Ppl who voted for cata or bfa must be trolls
    Or, and stay with me here, they have a different opinion from you and I and thus enjoy different things.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Now, out of topic, but here's my general opinion here of EVERY Expansion ever released in WoW from best to worst:

TBC- 7/10. Loses 3 points cause the Story line didn't exist.

WoTLK- 9/10. One of the best Expansions ever. Loses a point cause it gave us the dungeon finder.

Cata- 4/10. Read above.

MoP- 8/10. Read above.

WoD- 2/10. Read above.

Legion- 9/10. Read above.

BFA- 1/10. Read above.

Classic isn't an Expansion.

Now, out of topic, but here's my general opinion here of EVERY Expansion ever released in WoW from best to worst:
    Why go off topic? There have been plenty of threads for all expansion rating. You couldn't just do what the thread was about?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why go off topic? There have been plenty of threads for all expansion rating. You couldn't just do what the thread was about?
    I did. Read above.

Legion was most fun for me, on name notoriety and theme alone. A lot of replay value with the Class Halls and individual artifact weapon stories.

MoP -> Cata -> WoD -> BFA -> Legion

Legion for me was absolutely trash. Worst addon for all times.

I did. Read above.
    No? You went ahead and did all expansions for whatever reason.
    But this is getting off topic so I'm gonna end it here. Sorry about that.

Going for Legion with this one.

Cataclysm was visually interesting with the world revamp, but I really disliked the drastic talent tree changes and feel of the classes. To be this is when they started to become more homogenised and 'pruned'. The raids until Dragon Soul were uninteresting to me.

Pandaria was great and my second favourite. I love the Asian aesthetic in general, but I don't feel it was in keeping with a western fantasy aesthetic. Also I really dislike Pandarens

WoD was just mental story wise, but the Garrisons were quite cool. Expansion launch was horrific as well.

Legion was great story-wise, I loved the class Order Halls and the Legendary weapons. Whilst it was still a massive grind, it is much more rewarding grinding a weapon to get different skins and abilities, than some trash amulet.

BfA is just appalling, but the zones and music are fantastic.

Easily MoP.

Legion will be remembered as the Titans dying...for nothing :^)

10+ Year Old Account
    For me personally it was MoP because I had the most fun playing then, the classes I played were so much fun compared to the later expansions till now. I really loved the raids too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never seriously raided any of these aside from Uldir BFA, and I'm not selecting that, soooooo....none?

Legion > BfA > WoD > MoP (mostly biased because I disliked the theme) > Cata

10+ Year Old Account
    To the two people who voted BFA, this is your first Wow expac? Or else, what were you thinking????
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    MoP best, Legion worst.