Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Pandaren Death Knights are starting at level 10? I know allied races will be, but are you sure about Pandaren as well? I haven't heard anything confirming that
    They are gonna start in the exact same starting zone as Allied Races. They are going to have the exact starting experience. So it makes sense to conclude that they will also start at level 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    If I recall correctly, that squish was done with a flawed automatic system that now should be adjusted. They did it just so they could do squishes more effective than the first one which had a lot of manual adjustments done.

I'm hopeful this squish will go fine
    I hope it goes well... I'm just concerned it wont, tis all.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    - We are not sure how much XP are they going to take off of those levels ranks (1-10, 10-20, 20-30, 30-40, 40-50), but if it's not enough, it's going to take forever to get to 50 or at least as much as we do today.
    Blizzard went on record to say that, with the level squish, they're also reducing the amount of XP needed to reach max level by roughly 60%

- Blizzard still sells and will be selling level boosts....
    And?

- Are we going to be able to skip BC, WOTLK, WOD, Legion....etc? and being able to follow another flow on those expansions? What i mean, is do i still have to do Vanilla, then BC/WOTLK, WOD/MOP....etc. Or just go at level 1 to MOP?. If the flow is going to be the same, it's going to be less than 5 levels each expansion, after doing so many quests and that is going to suck a lot.....Even if you full clear all MOP zones that were designed to award like 5 levels after completing them all, today the XP rates for each Quest is going to stay the same?. I think most of us know how much the XP bar in % moves for each Quest Completed, so how much is going to move after the squish.....even less?....meh.
    I can tell you haven't done the slightest bit of research for yourself before posting this. When you create a new character, you'll be put in a new 'starting zone' that will take you up to level 10. From then, you get to pick an expansion to play on (TBC, Wrath, MoP, etc) or the old world to play from level 10 to 50, at which point you'll be taken to Shadowlands to go from 50 to 60.

- Old Dungeon/Raids: Are we still going to be able to solo them at level 50-60(Shadowlands max level)? or it's going to be a real squish to our power?
    Absolutely zero research.

Level squishes are not a "loss of power" in any way, shape or form!
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

Get rid of levelling.

Zones level with you already. So what's the point in levelling?

Is it to make sure you play the new zones? Then why can you level in islands, dungeons and battlegrounds?

If that's the goal, just make you play some quests that introduce the area and the characters, give us some nice story missions, then open up world quests in that area (open for every character, but leave the quests so they can do them too). We don't need to collect 10 bear arses for an NPC.

At the end of each expansion, reduce all the gear to baseline (and the dungeons/raids to match that), and let us start again. Hell, you could do that mid expansion before each tier. Saves bothering with catch-up mechanics.

The only goal of the level squish is to make every level have some meaning. Every single level, you are supposed to unlock some content, ability, or perk under the new system. You won't be losing power with the squish, and the intent is not to reduce how long it takes to level to max (that will also be happening, but that could have just as easily happened by increasing exp gains while keeping the cap at 120).

Personally, I think the leveling changes look amazing, I love that you'll get the option to choose a single expansion's leveling experience all the way until you hit Shadowlands.

I don’t really have a positive or negative stance on actually squishing levels per say, but I do have concerns to how they will adapt systems to fit the new number.

For instance:

Flying: when is it introduce? How will it be introduced (to old and new players)? And how will it be afforded by newer players (leveling faster means lower income earned traditionally)?

Professions: sure they currently lack luster at best. But wouldn’t it make more sense to level in the most recent expansion since those mats may still have a small yet lucrative market? Would they consider making mats global (I.e. you start out with leather/cloth/ore scraps at low levels and begin looting complete pieces as you gain in level; but only one type of cloth/skin/ore exists?)?

Gameplay: Since the leveling experience is truncated, is it now worth more to go back doing every expansions quests for capped gold reward? Should this be a thing?

With the de-pruning of abilities, does this mean we’ll get no new abilities in SL? What’s about talent points, does this mean we won’t get new talent points for the next few expansions? This is an issue caused by “expansion systems”, but doesn’t really equate well with a squish on the face of it.

Does the squish impact the prior raids? Does MC now become a lvl 30 raid instance? This is a personal concern as this further devalues these instances to only “transmog runs”. WoW has a shit ton of content, content many have not even seen, but it’s not worth going back to unless you want transmog. Why not add all of these raids as “timewalkers” or find a way to bring them back for those who haven’t seen them? Let them drop LFR (can’t believe I’m saying this) gear. Hell, I think juicing these raids up and rewarding relevant gear would make gearing more interesting (albeit tedious at best). Imagine a 450 thunderfury or sulfuras. It would certainly make the raid week more interesting. I’m not a developer, but certainly someone can come up with an eloquent solution here.

Those are just my concerns. I may think of more later. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    It was said at Blizzcon that leveling to cap in Shadowlands should take about 40% less time than it does to reach 120. That sounds wonderful to me.

And yes it was confirmed that we will still be able to "crush" old dungeons and raids (they actually used the word crush) post-level squish.

A new leveling experience gets you to 10, then you'll be able to level from 10-50 through a single expansion or move around from one to another - you aren't locked in.

Allied races start at 10, yes.
    If this is true I may actually play some of my characters stuck at 100 because Leveling the last 2 expansions has been Cancer and I have only been able to level 1-2 characters each xpac and then never looked at my alts which I love to play because the leveling is just awful. I liked WOD leveling took like 2-3 hours to get to max level.

Pit Lord
    Flying: when is it introduce? How will it be introduced (to old and new players)? And how will it be afforded by newer players (leveling faster means lower income earned traditionally)?
    this is a really good question. I don't think they have mentioned how they are doing it. Old players who have done pathfinder will be automatically be able to fly in WoD/Legion/BfA from level 10, you would think. I think they should make it at lvl 10 you can buy the first mount training, then level 30 you get the faster ground mount training, then lvl 50 for flying. the prices shouldn't change too much - if you're levelling you don't really need to spend gold on much. but they should drop a bit

Professions: sure they currently lack luster at best. But wouldn’t it make more sense to level in the most recent expansion since those mats may still have a small yet lucrative market? Would they consider making mats global (I.e. you start out with leather/cloth/ore scraps at low levels and begin looting complete pieces as you gain in level; but only one type of cloth/skin/ore exists?)?
    each expansion has its own profession system now. so when you hit 50 and go to Shadowlands you will be doing the professions for Shadowlands, not BfA or Legion

Gameplay: Since the leveling experience is truncated, is it now worth more to go back doing every expansions quests for capped gold reward? Should this be a thing?
    probably wouldn't be worth it. time would be better spent making gold in current expansion

With the de-pruning of abilities, does this mean we’ll get no new abilities in SL? What’s about talent points, does this mean we won’t get new talent points for the next few expansions? This is an issue caused by “expansion systems”, but doesn’t really equate well with a squish on the face of it.
    we won't get a new talent when we hit 60 but we are getting the covenant abilities which make up for that. as for moving forward, maybe they won't increase the level cap. maybe the level cap will stay at 60, each new expac we get shunted down to 50, abilities get shuffled around - maybe we get a new talent row at 55/60, we should be getting new abilities between 50 and 60 if you go off what Ion said about wanting to make each level feel meaningful.

Does the squish impact the prior raids? Does MC now become a lvl 30 raid instance? This is a personal concern as this further devalues these instances to only “transmog runs”. WoW has a shit ton of content, content many have not even seen, but it’s not worth going back to unless you want transmog. Why not add all of these raids as “timewalkers” or find a way to bring them back for those who haven’t seen them? Let them drop LFR (can’t believe I’m saying this) gear. Hell, I think juicing these raids up and rewarding relevant gear would make gearing more interesting (albeit tedious at best). Imagine a 450 thunderfury or sulfuras. It would certainly make the raid week more interesting. I’m not a developer, but certainly someone can come up with an eloquent solution here.
    basically every instance will be a lvl 50 instance when you're at level 50. however, the only instances that will be hard to solo will be BfA ones. going off the current system, we receive a massive damage buff and also a massive damage taken reduced buff. basically means we can finish a raid encounter prior to Legion in seconds. all they need to do is keep that in place, extend it to Legion and problem solved.