Text editor keeps glitching

Especially when I am deleting text, the cursor sometimes jumps to some random place within the text.

Also when you mark text with double click, you cannot replace it with other text and if you delete it, instead of replacing it directly, your input is blocked.

It's been like this for quite some time now, but after a recent series of annoyances while posting I decided to ask if this was known.

I use Chrome, no special extensions to mention.

This is the only report of this so far, so not a known issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    I also can't overwrite text in the editor. If I paint the text and press any letter, nothing happens, only backspace and enter work. In addition, when I use bold/italic* and when I press backspace the next time, the cursor jumps to the bold/italic part**.

Example:

**) if I press backspace in this location, my cursor jumps to the location of *

Using win10, chrome, ublock origin the only extension
    Last edited by Puupi; 2019-12-16 at 05:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Are you using the WYSIWYG editor?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Are you using the WYSIWYG editor?
    Erm....I don't know...yes I guess?
    This:
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Well, I can't seem to reproduce, so I'll just leave this open and see if we get more reports.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Especially when I am deleting text, the cursor sometimes jumps to some random place within the text.

Also when you mark text with double click, you cannot replace it with other text and if you delete it, instead of replacing it directly, your input is blocked.

It's been like this for quite some time now, but after a recent series of annoyances while posting I decided to ask if this was known.

I use Chrome, no special extensions to mention.
    Oh yeah and just to corroborate - this issue definitely isn't new. I've had this feature for some years already. Not sure how many, but it's been around a long time.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, just tested it on Microsoft Edge without any extensions, same issue on it, too. So it's not a Chrome/Chrome extension thing. Might be Windows related?

This seems to be browser related. Firefox on my windows 10 laptop doesn't show any signs of issues. Chrome/Edge on Desktop Windows 10 does however.

I recorded my screen to demonstrate it. @chaud How do you want me to share it with you, in case you're interested in it? It's a 12MB webm

Also, thanks @Puupi you figured out what caused these random jumps within the text. it was driving me crazy.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2019-12-17 at 06:07 PM.

I recorded my screen to demonstrate it. @chaud How do you want me to share it with you, in case you're interested in it? It's a 12MB webm

Also, thanks @Puupi you figured out what caused these random jumps within the text. it was driving me crazy.
    You can probably use Youtube or imgur to host it.

I wonder if it's a combination of Chrome and some non-English settings. Are you using any kind of non-English browser, operating system, or keyboard settings?

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    You can probably use Youtube or imgur to host it.

I wonder if it's a combination of Chrome and some non-English settings. Are you using any kind of non-English browser, operating system, or keyboard settings?
    German everything. QWERTZ keyboard.

The video I made was glitching out, so instead I decided to make a .gif

https://nimb.ws/1igzX6 (click twice)

I hope the quality is good enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the issue with replacing words within a sentence too. Had it for such a long time that I got used to it. Also using chrome, but my language is English for the OS, browser, and system locale.

15+ Year Old Account
    German everything. QWERTZ keyboard.

The video I made was glitching out, so instead I decided to make a .gif

https://nimb.ws/1igzX6 (click twice)

I hope the quality is good enough.
    Omg you click bold and italic?!

But yeah, that's the behaviour I'm having, too.

My OS and browsers seem to be Finnish, in both of my machines - and the bug appears in both of these.

I remember when this thing first appeared on these forums. There was some kind of a big-ish forum update, but it was years ago. Maybe when the mention-tagging was introduced?

@chaud

EDIT: It also could have been when the "X year member" badges came around? Was it the same patch? All I remember that some major update was happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Hah, it hasn't been years, my mind is playing tricks!

But I have reported this issue earlier here:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...e-bug-(Chrome)

That was in February 2019.

Started digging the subforum, because I had a deja vu feeling.

And interestingly, I had that issue on my chromebook as well (I no longer have the chromebook, gave it to my parents), but on Edge everything was working fine. Now it doesn't work on my windows 10 desktop or laptop, neither chrome or edge.

EDIT#234342: Achtschuallly! That earlier thread of mine was only about the overwriting thing, I believe the bold/italic cursor jumping has been around for far longer.
    Last edited by Puupi; 2019-12-17 at 09:04 PM.