Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    2-3 cups of black coffee, multiple liters of green tea a day, some diet coke.

Too much really.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Haidaes You can limit the impact of caffeine in your tea by using the Chinese brewing tradition -- https://www.thoughtco.com/chinese-tea-ceremony-687443

You don't have to go full out tea ceremony, but do note Step 7 where it says:
    Do not drink the tea. Instead, it is discarded.
    For more details: http://www.caffeine-content.com/caff...ur-cup-of-tea/
    I can't vouch for their accuracy, but it seems to mesh with other sources I've read. Notice that this does not remove all caffeine but it does reduce it. YMMV, but here the better grades of tea hold up through multiple steepings and that's part of the enjoyment -- being able to see/smell/taste how the subsequent rounds change.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

A mug of coffee in the morning, maybe another in the afternoon.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

3-4 cups of black coffee per day and few energy drinks during weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    @Haidaes You can limit the impact of caffeine in your tea by using the Chinese brewing tradition -- https://www.thoughtco.com/chinese-tea-ceremony-687443

You don't have to go full out tea ceremony, but do note Step 7 where it says:

For more details: http://www.caffeine-content.com/caff...ur-cup-of-tea/
    I can't vouch for their accuracy, but it seems to mesh with other sources I've read. Notice that this does not remove all caffeine but it does reduce it. YMMV, but here the better grades of tea hold up through multiple steepings and that's part of the enjoyment -- being able to see/smell/taste how the subsequent rounds change.
    That sounds awfully elaborate for that little bit of gustatory fun after work.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a couple mugs of green tea every morning. In the afternoon I usually have a single cappuccino.

Two litres of strong black coffee every day.

Two large coffees in the morning and tons of tea through the day, maybe another cup of coffee in the afternoon, I'd say I average 700mg-1000mg/day.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    100-150mg of caffeine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes
    That sounds awfully elaborate for that little bit of gustatory fun after work.
    It would be. I used the tea ceremony as an example to show that if you're drinking even halfway decent tea -- far from ruining the taste -- dumping out the first rinse is a practice that has been around a long time and is considered a way to enjoy the tea. It allows bungee to survive 2-3 hour binges in tea markets. Otherwise, while I do have decent Yixing teapots and an ordinary porcelain one, I usually just toss my tea in one of those plastic jars that the Chinese tend to lug around.

If you're drinking the style of tea that Americans used to use for iced tea back in the middle of the last century though ... that stuff was horrible, and pretty much one use then throw away the tea bag. <shudder> Even when I was a teenager I preferred to visit the local Asian market and get gunpowder tea.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    It would be. I used the tea ceremony as an example to show that if you're drinking even halfway decent tea -- far from ruining the taste -- dumping out the first rinse is a practice that has been around a long time and is considered a way to enjoy the tea. It allows bungee to survive 2-3 hour binges in tea markets. Otherwise, while I do have decent Yixing teapots and an ordinary porcelain one, I usually just toss my tea in one of those plastic jars that the Chinese tend to lug around.

If you're drinking the style of tea that Americans used to use for iced tea back in the middle of the last century though ... that stuff was horrible, and pretty much one use then throw away the tea bag. <shudder> Even when I was a teenager I preferred to visit the local Asian market and get gunpowder tea.
    I loved it. My aunt use to make the best old fashion tea like that. Dark and loaded with sugar. The only kind of tea today I will drink and it is hard to find anyone who makes it like that anymore. So I have not had any for decades.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther
    Dark and loaded with sugar.
    Yep, that's the stuff -- boiled until it was more of an extract than a beverage, loaded with so much sugar that it was nearly an experiment for supersaturated solutions, diluted by serving it over as much ice as could be packed in the glass, and garnished with optional lemon slices. I think it was considered "Southern", the go to brand was Luzianne.

For those who think I'm exaggerating the horror of it: https://www.food.com/recipe/louisiana-sweet-tea-378458
    2 cups sugar (some people prefer 3 cups but i think its a little too much)
    That's a fancy, modern, lightweight recipe. People used to boil the danged teabags. I suppose it counts as a tea flavored drink ... but it was always way too sweet for me to really think of it as tea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much 0. Drink water nearly 100% of the time and mostly have a Monster before the gym on a Monday and Friday. Weekends vary from week to week. Compared to the average person that drinks coffee every day, I'd say my intake is pretty low.

Two triple espressos everyday.
    illuminati all over my body

7+ Year Old Account
    One caffeine pill (200 mg) before workout (so 4 times a week) + one cup of green tea every day.

About zero.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    200 to 400mg all depending if i take 1 scoop or 2 scoops of pre-workout.

0 cups.

I drink my coffee at night.