Thread: Keyboard.

Keyboard.

My keyboard doesn't always register my presses. What do I do?

My keyboard registers my key presses 99% of the time, so I guess it's not a big deal, right?

Open and clean it

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be an issue described in the link below, though this is just a random guess since you didn't post any info about your keyboard or the circumstances in which it fails to register your input.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollover_(key)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Could be an issue described in the link below, though this is just a random guess since you didn't post any info about your keyboard or the circumstances in which it fails to register your input.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollover_(key)

My keyboard is a Logitech K120, and occasionally it doesn't type a letter when I type it. For example, earlier, I tried to type k, and it didn't register.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post

My keyboard registers my key presses 99% of the time, so I guess it's not a big deal, right?
    buy a mechanical keyboard, nothing cheap, never have an issue.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Depends on how import a random 1% miss of actions will do to your raiding/pvp'ing/WoW'ing ability.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    This. Entirely.

(is the OP using a non-mechanical keyboard? what does that mean exactly? like a touch-sceen-ish something-or-other?)

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    My keyboard is a Logitech K120, and occasionally it doesn't type a letter when I type it. For example, earlier, I tried to type k, and it didn't register.
    That's a pretty cheap keyboard. Either replace it with another cheap keyboard, or pick up something nice (as zenkai suggests).

Wait, I think I might have figured it out. I'm a really fast typist, so sometimes I don't hit a key when I think I did.

My brain is faster than my fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Hard to find, most are those noisy IBM style relics with travel time of... more than like 0.8mm (!). Insane, like who the hell has time to press a key more than 0.6mm? Technology is already there, but hipsters like their typewriters and crappy IBM mechanical keyboards.
    Wait, I think I might have figured it out. I'm a really fast typist, so sometimes I don't hit a key when I think I did.

My brain is faster than my fingers.
    Buy something like this for windos - https://www.apple.com/shop/product/M...ard-us-english No more problems with keys not registering after hitting them.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Hard to find, most are those noisy IBM style relics with travel time of... more than like 0.8mm (!). Insane, like who the hell has time to press a key more than 0.6mm? Technology is already there, but hipsters like their typewriters and crappy IBM mechanical keyboards.

Buy something like this for windos - https://www.apple.com/shop/product/M...ard-us-english No more problems with keys not registering after hitting them.
    ...how are mechanical keyboards hard to find? Almost all gaming keyboards except for the very cheapest models are mechanical now. This one is (it's the one I use).

These are old IBM clones (IBM model m?) with insane useless travel time. Which is crap for typing.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    These are old IBM clones (IBM model m?) with insane useless travel time. Which is crap for typing.
    I mean, those are mechanical yes. But they are not the only mechanical keyboards, not by far. Mechanical keyboards are a dime a dozen these days. It's membrane keyboards that are hard to find outside of the cheap "$5 keyboards on endcaps" market.