Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love big cities, but I wish they had a story to them like Suramar. Boralus has so many interesting spots, shops, and characters walking around, but there's no story to any of it. They could have made a good gang war or detective story out of it.

5+ Year Old Account
    So what is your preference now that we have a taste of both worlds? Dalaran type hubs with everything compact and a short run away? Or BfA hubs that may take a few minutes of running to get from one area to another, but give a sense of size and grandness.
    I prefer bigger cities:
    - These cities are actually another zone
    - Another flavor between the new areas
    - A large place, non hostile in the expansion
    - Something different then Stormwind or Dalaran
    - Nice to hang around while not questing with enough to do

Big, but with the important NPCs, portals etc in a small section of it. Basically Boralus rather than the abomination that is Dazar'alor.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Big. Shrines and Trashcan capitals were horrible. Dalaran is also horrible to be fair.

As much of a pain as if is to navigate Dazar’alor, it’s better than those three.
    Am I the only person who learnt how to navigate it before Uldir patch?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Am I the only person who learnt how to navigate it before Uldir patch?
    The problem isn't so much navigating it as it is that everything takes 10 times longer to get to than in Boralus, because it's effectively split into 3 cities spread across the zone.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    I love big cities, but I wish they had a story to them like Suramar. Boralus has so many interesting spots, shops, and characters walking around, but there's no story to any of it. They could have made a good gang war or detective story out of it.
    I think they wasted potential by doing all Ashvane story on the empty coasts. Imagine if they did a bit of chapters in Boralus with Norwington festival in the palace instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    The problem isn't so much navigating it as it is that everything takes 10 times longer to get to than in Boralus, because it's effectively split into 3 cities spread across the zone.
    All hail Pa'ku.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the big capitals.

I mean if you're going to have a capital city that's supposed to be the hub center for everything you need plus quests then it shouldn't just be some small village. If you're going to call it a "capital" it should feel like one.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Back in WoD we were expecting Karabor and Bladespire as huge faction hub capitals. Blizzard's reasoning (or their rumored reasoning) was that huge capitals left places of interest to spread out and inconvenient. Players complained and time moved on.

With BfA came Dazar'Alor and Boralus. Massive faction hubs. Almost bordering on unofficial zones in their own right. Each with multple inns, flight paths (at least Dazar'Alor, haven't gotten to Alliance side yet).

So what is your preference now that we have a taste of both worlds? Dalaran type hubs with everything compact and a short run away? Or BfA hubs that may take a few minutes of running to get from one area to another, but give a sense of size and grandness.
    Boralus is the perfect city IMO, sucks that I play mostly horde. Boralus has everything you need around the same area but the city itself is gigantic and used for quests and other stuff that you don't need all that often so you don't waste your time running frmo both extremities like the extremely badly designed Dazar'Alor.

If they make more cities like Boralus they have my support. If they make a mess like Dazar'Alor they fuck it I'd rather have boring microscopic Dalaran instead.

I love Boralus' layout. All the important stuff is concentrated in one small area, but the city is big and feels like an actual city, and there are the occasional world quests that let you explore all the nooks and crannies.

Dazar'Alor alone made me hate super large hubs. If you need to take a flight path from one side of your city to the other, you've fucked up.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.