Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, I guess. But the reality is that based off everything we're seeing so far, titles that reach anywhere near 120fps will be far and few between with more opting for the standard 4k/30 or pushing for 4k/60 at best. I guess the option is nice, but it's realistically mostly marketing copy with little practical benefit.

I mean, the One X can already pump out 120fps, theoretically...though I don't think any developers have actually tried because the tradeoffs necessary are too great. I assume there will be fewer tradeoffs with the new hardware, but I still assume it will largely be something that few games take advantage of. Adding support for 120fps into your game takes time and money, and if you're already working on tight budgets and your market analysis research shows that 83% of likely customers have 60fps TV's, that's what they'll design around.

*raises hand*

I like more storage, don't get me wrong. I've got 4TB of additional storage in my current computer (almost all HDD), and when I build a new rig I'm likely going to get 1-2TB of SSD plus another 1-2TB for HDD.

But I don't wanna have to fuck around with swapping connections and moving files around all the time. Hell, even just the process of installing RDR2 on my PS4 Pro was obnoxious. I get game disks in part to avoid the long download/install times.

It's the tradeoff of going with a custom SSD solution like they have. The benefits are nice, but it comes with more of a hassle. Overall it's probably better given that we can say goodbye to long load times and get a host of other benefits, just a bit of a headscratcher that the digital-only model comes with so little storage. Hoping they have options to spring for a 1-2TB internal SSD if folks want it.

Not saying Sony's is all that much better, but they don't need it to be. They have the momentum in a big way, both from the current generation and based on social responses etc. to the next generation reveal. They can coast on that momentum. Microsoft doesn't have that benefit, so they have a lot more work to do to catch up.

Looking through that list, almost all look like holiday 2021 releases at the earliest. Hellblade 2 could hit the launch window and is at least from a notable dev, Scorn will definitely hit it but considering it's a Kickstarter title it's hardly Microsoft first party (it's coming to PS5 too) so we can toss that one out. The rest for the most part aren't looking like they'll come any time in the near future.

So are the titles you listed. Again, Sony can rest on their laurels this generation as they thoroughly won the current generation and are winning the hype-battle for next gen. I'm not saying this because I want Microsoft to fail by any means. I'm saying this because I was genuinely hoping they'd come out swinging with haymakers right out of the gate the generation and am disappointed to see them tepidly dancing around throwing jabs instead.

I want them to be on equal footing with Sony and for the two companies to push each other constantly, everyone benefits when that happens. While Nintendo keeps doing its own Nintendo thing.
    yeah i know we know nothing of those games yet but we'll find out more as time goes on. they only bought these studios 2 years ago so its going to take some time to finish. 1-3 year release window. Also Scorn is confirmed a msft exclusive, PC and Xbox. and yeah you're not wrong about Sony that they can basically do nothing as they have nothing for 1-3 years as well but considering some of the anti-consumer moves they made this gen im going to Xbox. seems the better buy for a gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    That's why they're going to spend $25 instead.
    if they pass a credit check.... In a economic crisis.....

Good luck with that.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|Nvidia Founders Edition RTX 3070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|16GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Tons of faith in a game that was kickstarted and been in development for at least 3 years......

You are trying way to hard here.

We are in a economic crisis right now and if you think people are going to spend $500+ on a box that only comes with hopes and dreams then I got a sea side lodge to sell you in ohio.
    hence why they have a cheaper one called the Series S that will sell like hotcakes on holidays lol also considering it is now exclusive you think msft didn't give them some capital? 3rd party exclusivity don't come free

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    you're not wrong about Sony that they can basically do nothing as they have nothing for 1-3 years as well
    Besides a little game called SpiderMan Miles Morales fallowed up by Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart and Demon's Souls remake... Ya Sony has nothing for the next 1-3 years..
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|Nvidia Founders Edition RTX 3070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|16GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Well CoD is from ActiShit so the install size makes no sense, I mean a game like red dead 2 is 103GB and a CoD themed BR is over 200GB so yeah shit.
    Also wasn't there some new tech coming to next gen to try and get the file sizes down a bit ? dunno i vaguely remember reading something about it months back.
    That's mainly because they're working around HDDs. I'm going to bet the Series S/X version of the game is a lot smaller.

hence why they have a cheaper one called the Series S that will sell like hotcakes on holidays lol also considering it is now exclusive you think msft didn't give them some capital? 3rd party exclusivity don't come free
    Its not exclusive it will be on PS5 and PC.

Also the S is a digital only system with 500GB SSD that its selling point will be that it can play the games you have now... There is no software to sell the system...

Besides a little game called SpiderMan Miles Morales fallowed up by Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart and Demon's Souls remake... Ya Sony has nothing for the next 1-3 years..
    Mile Morales isnt a full game, is basically a stand alone DLC lol Rachet a clank and demon souls remake are 2021 releases. no dates so far but probably early 2021

yeah i know we know nothing of those games yet but we'll find out more as time goes on. they only bought these studios 2 years ago so its going to take some time to finish. 1-3 year release window.
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to more games from some of the studios they acquired. But that doesn't help them at launch, and they don't exactly have a strong crop of internal developers working on titles before those acquisitions either so they're launching with a pretty meager first party lineup, against heavy headwinds from Sony's momentum, and while they've likely got a lot more exciting games for the year or two following launch...so will Sony. Sony also bought up some more studios in recent years, and unlike Microsoft they already have a pretty strong crop of in-house studios that have been making killer games for them all generation long.

but considering some of the anti-consumer moves they made this gen im going to Xbox.
    Did I miss something? >.>

Is this about their nonsense crusade against anime tiddies, or something else?

Mile Morales isnt a full game, is basically a stand alone DLC
    You have played it? Because the developers have said different.

The other 2 are in the launch window of the PS5. Even if its just Mile Morales that is still one game more than MS and Spiderman sells like crazy.

The Series X and S has ZERO launch window games that will sell the system.

Its not exclusive it will be on PS5 and PC.

Also the S is a digital only system with 500GB SSD that its selling point will be that it can play the games you have now... There is no software to sell the system...
    actually its not coming to PS5 check marketing materials. Only PC and Xbox SX. one of DX12 Ultimate's purposes was to make it easy to work on games for PC and xbox. no longer is it a custom DX variant for consoles but the same. so yes a MSFT exclusive lol

That's what I assumed or some Cross-Play BS even tho Sony has been doing Cross-Play longer.

- - - Updated - - -

actually its not coming to PS5 check marketing materials. Only PC and Xbox SX. one of DX12 Ultimate's purposes was to make it easy to work on games for PC and xbox. no longer is it a custom DX variant for consoles but the same. so yes a MSFT exclusive lol
    Cool they got 3rd party exclusive access to a kickstarter game that has no release date...

/Golf Clap.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2020-09-08 at 06:31 PM.

You have played it? Because the developers have said different.

The other 2 are in the launch window of the PS5. Even if its just Mile Morales that is still one game more than MS and Spiderman sells like crazy.

The Series X and S has ZERO launch window games that will sell the system.
    Do you think exclusives are all that people play or something? because pretty sure those have never been the top sellers or top user base on any platform lol you realize there's going to be a bunch of 3rd party titles right? and go look what the developers said again, Miles Morales is akin to Uncharted Lost Legacy which wasn't a full game either, was essentially a DLC to uncharted 4.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I'm looking forward to more games from some of the studios they acquired. But that doesn't help them at launch, and they don't exactly have a strong crop of internal developers working on titles before those acquisitions either so they're launching with a pretty meager first party lineup, against heavy headwinds from Sony's momentum, and while they've likely got a lot more exciting games for the year or two following launch...so will Sony. Sony also bought up some more studios in recent years, and unlike Microsoft they already have a pretty strong crop of in-house studios that have been making killer games for them all generation long.

nah more like being against crossplay, being against bringing games to PC (horizon only came to PC because it used the same engine as Death Stranding) and more things they've done this gen and next.

Do you think exclusives are all that people play or something?
    You NEED two things to sell hardware, Exclusives and 3rd party support.

Lets ask the Wii-U how well it did without 3rd party support and a lack of exclusives for 2 years or the Xbox One how well its done without Exclusives worth buying.

ONCE AGAIN you can't sell a $299/$499+ system on hopes and dreams and it being the strongest hardware doesn't mean shit and never has.

- - - Updated - - -

nah more like being against crossplay
    Umm Sony has been doing Cross-Play since PS2 and has more titles Cross-Play than MS...

Stop drinking the shit Phil Spencer spews.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2020-09-08 at 06:39 PM.

nah more like being against crossplay, being against bringing games to PC (horizon only came to PC because it used the same engine as Death Stranding) and more things they've done this gen and next.
    I mean...they didn't have to allow Death Stranding to go to PC, and it was built on in-house technology in the first place. This is actually, by far, the most supportive Sony has been towards PC that I can ever remember, and there are indications we'll see more of it coming. Which can likely be traced back to them responding to Microsoft's embrace (for better or worse) of the PC this current generation.

As for cross-play, both companies are talking out of the sides of their mouth with it. Both allow it with some things, disallow it with others. They favor it when they think it will help them, and shun it when they think it won't. Meh.

You NEED two things to sell hardware, Exclusives and 3rd party support.

Lets ask the Wii-U how well it did without Exclusives for 2 years or the Xbox One how well its done without Exclusives worth buying.

ONCE AGAIN you can't sell a $299/$499+ system on hopes and dreams and it being the strongest hardware doesn't mean shit and never has.

- - - Updated - - -

Umm Sony has been doing Cross-Play since PS2 and has more titles Cross-Play than MS...

Stop drinking the shit Phil Spencer spews.
    PS4 crossplay is what we're discussing here not PS2, and PS2 barely had an online presence outside of FF11 and i guess PSO if (i dont even remember if that was on PS2)

WII-U had marketing issues besides just having no games. People thought it was an addon to the Wii and basically was another terrible launch just like the Xbox one

- - - Updated - - -

I mean...they didn't have to allow Death Stranding to go to PC, and it was built on in-house technology in the first place. This is actually, by far, the most supportive Sony has been towards PC that I can ever remember, and there are indications we'll see more of it coming. Which can likely be traced back to them responding to Microsoft's embrace (for better or worse) of the PC this current generation.

As for cross-play, both companies are talking out of the sides of their mouth with it. Both allow it with some things, disallow it with others. They favor it when they think it will help them, and shun it when they think it won't. Meh.
    Death Stranding only had 1yr exclusivity, Sony doesn't own the studio. in fact Kojima fought to make sure that would happen as originally it was only PS4

PS4 crossplay is what we're discussing here not PS2.
    Actually you said

nah more like being against crossplay,
    But hey if we are just talking about PS4....It still had more games cross-play than XB1. As for games the PS2 had it had a little game called Final Fantasy 11 that was Cross-Play with PC and later PC & 360.

- - - Updated - - -

Death Stranding only had 1yr exclusivity, Sony doesn't own the studio. in fact Kojima fought to make sure that would happen as originally it was only PS4
    Sony does own the engine Kojima used, If Sony didn't want Death Stranding on PC it wouldn't be there.

I'm aware of that. But they funded development and allowed Kojima to use their technology, and a bunch of staff from Guerrila to help. So ultimately, it was their project to control in a sense. Their money. Their technology. Their staff helping. There's no Death Stranding without Sony.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net...ft-aaaa-games/

Oh good, Ubisoft is picking up on the nonsense "AAAA" marketing term too. What does it mean? BIG BUDGETS! What else does it mean? AN EXTRA A! And what does all of that mean?! uh...well...er... AAAA > AAA!

I really hate pointless marketing terminology.

I'm aware of that. But they funded development and allowed Kojima to use their technology, and a bunch of staff from Guerrila to help. So ultimately, it was their project to control in a sense. Their money. Their technology. Their staff helping. There's no Death Stranding without Sony.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net...ft-aaaa-games/

Oh good, Ubisoft is picking up on the nonsense "AAAA" marketing term too. What does it mean? BIG BUDGETS! What else does it mean? AN EXTRA A! And what does all of that mean?! uh...well...er... AAAA > AAA!

I really hate pointless marketing terminology.
    The extra A means ALLTHEMTX'S

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    My concern is that studios are going to target the specs for the Series S and then upscale to the series X. I wonder if that would be an explanation for "Craig".
    Its basically the same hardware dude, similar cpu, same ssd. Only difference is it has the GPU power and memory to target 1080p-1440p instead of targeting 4k.

I wouldn't expect a whole lot of Sony's IP on PC unless it uses the Decima engine.

Yes, Death Stranding and Horizon have been very popular on PC... But its a sizable amount of effort to make an engine work cross platform.