Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh good, Ubisoft is picking up on the nonsense "AAAA" marketing term too. What does it mean? BIG BUDGETS! What else does it mean? AN EXTRA A! And what does all of that mean?! uh...well...er... AAAA > AAA!

I really hate pointless marketing terminology.
    It's honestly hilarious the only company using the term "AAAA" that wouldn't make me roll my eyes would be Rockstar because their production quality and attention to detail is leagues above any other open world developer. Even then rockstar isn't silly enough to use such a term even though they could get away with it.

I'm aware of that. But they funded development and allowed Kojima to use their technology, and a bunch of staff from Guerrila to help. So ultimately, it was their project to control in a sense. Their money. Their technology. Their staff helping. There's no Death Stranding without Sony.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net...ft-aaaa-games/

Oh good, Ubisoft is picking up on the nonsense "AAAA" marketing term too. What does it mean? BIG BUDGETS! What else does it mean? AN EXTRA A! And what does all of that mean?! uh...well...er... AAAA > AAA!

I really hate pointless marketing terminology.
    who knows what it means lol either means huge budget or good budget for multiple games. Supposedly MSFTs "AAAA" studio will have like 2000+ employees which is pretty massive

They are selling an entry level model for legacy tv sets? It doesn't surprise me. Xbox or PS5. For my money, Sony had much better games this last gen, and I'm hyped about Demon's Souls Remake. God of War and Bloodborne are still the must play games of this gen.

What Xbox games are you looking forward to playing on this?

Not gonna lie though, as much as I'm enjoying the endless memes on the design of the Series S...I kinda dig it?

Don't get me wrong, it's not the slickest or most stylish of devices by any means. But I'm kinda down with the console appearing to pull air in from the top and venting it out of a giant side-fan with a cheese grater cover over it (or vice versa), should allow for plenty of airflow without needing to run the fan at base-PS4 levels of noise. Seems like Microsoft is very much taking the "function over form" approach this generation, and I can totally, super dig that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    who knows what it means lol either means huge budget or good budget for multiple games. Supposedly MSFTs "AAAA" studio will have like 2000+ employees which is pretty massive
    Also...pointless. We already have games with massive, enormous budgets. We already have games with 1K+ people credited with working on them, including huge numbers of contractors that were paid to do specific things. An in-house studio with 2K people working on a single game, or even a few?...why? Why not split them up into smaller, more manageable teams? Why not centralize core elements like development of in-house technology a la EA?

It's all smoke and mirror nonsense.

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    .."AAAA" is now a thing? ....I thought Triple A was enough
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi

Not gonna lie though, as much as I'm enjoying the endless memes on the design of the Series S...I kinda dig it?

Don't get me wrong, it's not the slickest or most stylish of devices by any means. But I'm kinda down with the console appearing to pull air in from the top and venting it out of a giant side-fan with a cheese grater cover over it (or vice versa), should allow for plenty of airflow without needing to run the fan at base-PS4 levels of noise. Seems like Microsoft is very much taking the "function over form" approach this generation, and I can totally, super dig that.

- - - Updated - - -

Also...pointless. We already have games with massive, enormous budgets. We already have games with 1K+ people credited with working on them, including huge numbers of contractors that were paid to do specific things. An in-house studio with 2K people working on a single game, or even a few?...why? Why not split them up into smaller, more manageable teams? Why not centralize core elements like development of in-house technology a la EA?

It's all smoke and mirror nonsense.
    well like i said who knows what theyre doing lol im only guessing. could be exactly what you said. A studio doesnt necessarily only work on one thing. they could be working on MSFTs own in house engine for all we know so they can get away from Unreal. or they could be improving the slipspace engine from 343 (funnily enough the textures were high res in this game preview as you could make out alot of detail but their were obvious issues on their lighting and some other things. making your own engine is definitely tough thats for sure. Still pissed about Konami keeping the Fox engine and using it on pachinko machines after Kojima's konami studio spent years making it)

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    If I recall PS4 game line wasn't as good last year or at least for awhile. Then it got better.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    The Xbox Series S got leaked so MS came out and confirmed the specs and pricing: £249/$299, 120FPS at 1440p, 4K upscaling for games, 4K media playback, support for DirectX raytracing, a custom NVME 512GB SSD, and it's 60 per cent smaller than the X https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-priced-usd299

That's a nice price. But a 512GB drive for a digital-only next gen console? That's going to hurt. Still, I expect that price is going to attract a lot of new people to the ecosystem.
    I think the SSD size is fine for most people (with access to decent internet).

Myself, for example, I don't even live downtown, I live in the burbs like 40 minutes outside of a relatively small Midwest city... Despite that, there are still two ISPs offering gigabit internet all the way out here. I would assume pretty much everyone in/around a major city (like 80-90% of the population) has at least one, if not several ISPs offering hundreds of mbit to gigabit connections by this point.

Even if it was a 1TB drive, you'd still be constantly deleting and re-downloading games anyways; 500gb is enough to have a couple games installed at any given times and keep the cost low.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I think the SSD size is fine for most people (with access to decent internet).

Myself, for example, I don't even live downtown, I live in the burbs like 40 minutes outside of a relatively small Midwest city... Despite that, there are still two ISPs offering gigabit internet all the way out here. I would assume pretty much everyone in/around a major city (like 80-90% of the population) has at least one, if not several ISPs offering hundreds of mbit to gigabit connections by this point.

Even if it was a 1TB drive, you'd still be constantly deleting and re-downloading games anyways; 500gb is enough to have a couple games installed at any given times and keep the cost low.
    the same people who need more than a tb are gona be smart enough to have a external drive. Iv had a 4+tb external since almost the launch of the xbox one and never had to worry about space. I thought the whining about onboard space was dead with the ability to do this, i guess some are just to lazy to go that route. They want multiple TB storage but dont realize that ups the price a great deal. with 1tb wd blues being around 100$ the higher the storage the higher the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    the same people who need more than a tb are gona be smart enough to have a external drive. Iv had a 4+tb external since almost the launch of the xbox one and never had to worry about space. I thought the whining about onboard space was dead with the ability to do this, i guess some are just to lazy to go that route. They want multiple TB storage but dont realize that ups the price a great deal. with 1tb wd blues being around 100$ the higher the storage the higher the price.
    That's part of the whole thing with the Velocity architecture..

You're going to have to buy ssds in a hot swappable form factor...
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2020-09-08 at 07:48 PM.

You can't run next gen games off your shitty external drives, have to move the game to the storage meant for the system which in the case of most external drives could take longer then downloading the game in the first place.

I gamed digital only on my PC with a 500 gig SSD and nothing else for years without issue. Its not like I'm regularly playing any one of 10 games at a moments notice. I just swapped what was installed around as I was playing something new and removed things when I was done with them. Its really not difficult to get by with that much space, especially on a machine that is purely dedicated to gaming.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You can't run next gen games off your shitty external drives, have to move the game to the storage meant for the system which in the case of most external drives could take longer then downloading the game in the first place.
    Move downloaded games to the external when your done playing them. Once you wanna swap to playing them just transfer the game. It avoids people bitching about data caps and slow net. As long as you dont have a trash drive and trash enclosure im more than sure it will be faster than downloading. regardless your not gona get giant storage options without a massive price hike in wich yall would bitch nonstop about anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    That's part of the whole thing with the Velocity architecture..

You're going to have to buy ssds in a hot swappable form factor...
    If you wanna play off the external. Ill just swap whats on the internal. As for old games ill be able to play all my xbox one games off the external, and i wont have the download again. Ill take my 5tb external from my one x, plug it into the series x and play directly from there.

Move downloaded games to the external when your done playing them. Once you wanna swap to playing them just transfer the game. It avoids people bitching about data caps and slow net. As long as you dont have a trash drive and trash enclosure im more than sure it will be faster than downloading. regardless your not gona get giant storage options without a massive price hike in wich yall would bitch nonstop about anyways.
    lol on my connection there is no way in hell an external HDD is going to transfer a game faster. It would be a complete waste. I'll use the internet I pay for instead of some shitty external drive to transfer games when/if it comes to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    lol on my connection there is no way in hell an external HDD is going to transfer a game faster. It would be a complete waste. I'll use the internet I pay for instead of some shitty external drive to transfer games when/if it comes to it.
    I guess we can let everyone with data caps and not gigabit internet know its all good cus tech said thier net can handle it over a shity usb 3.0 transfer speed.

- - - Updated - - -

If you wanna play off the external. Ill just swap whats on the internal. As for old games ill be able to play all my xbox one games off the external, and i wont have the download again. Ill take my 5tb external from my one x, plug it into the series x and play directly from there.
    You can't do that with the Series S/X. The drive is not easily accessible.

There's literally an expansion slot in the back of the device.

New "next-get" consoles sound a bit dull and crappy when I'm looking at Nvidia RTX 3000 series.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuciek View Post
    New "next-get" consoles sound a bit dull and crappy when I'm looking at Nvidia RTX 3000 series.
    PC Hardware isn't equivalent to console hardware.

While RTX IO exists (this used to be called NVCache), its not going to hold a candle to what dedicated storage controllers can do.

A $300/$500 console is still going to get you a lot more bang for your buck than a PC is going to from a pure value perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    You can't do that with the Series S/X. The drive is not easily accessible.

There's literally an expansion slot in the back of the device.
    I never said swap out the internal, i said swap whats on the internal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nuciek View Post
    cool, have fun spending 2-4x the price for the same performance.

The fact a stupid zelda warriors game pushed series s out of trending is all that needs to be said