Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i don't really care what kind of platform i'm playing on i just want one that can handle all my needs and it seems like lately it's moving in the right direction. exclusives are horseshit and PS fans can cling to those all they want but most of the time if i can't play it on my pc idgaf.

the only option should be do i want a controller,kb+m or beer goggles.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    And the Nights into Dreams box has the original "3D" controller.
    Ha~ I remember that! looked like a flying saucer with little wings on the side with an analog stick in the top. Kind of similar to the Dreamcast controller years later.

Now I need one for my collection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Ha~ I remember that! looked like a flying saucer with little wings on the side with an analog stick in the top. Kind of similar to the Dreamcast controller years later.

Now I need one for my collection.
    Yup, there's not one but TWO Dreamcasts in there. One I keep stock for playing discs, and the other I replaced the optical drive (GDROM) with a USB controller. Still need to replace the power supply on that one...

Which brings us back on topic, because the DreamCast was in many ways the first XBox! It ran Windows CE and much of the design was carried over into the original XBox system.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

It looks cool. If it gets some games Im interested in I might get it, though the whole 4k/8k thing is kinda pointless for me atm. Doubt I will get such a tv i many years.

I do hope (but not expect) that you can get it in different colours. I would love a red or purple version!

Quote Originally Posted by Archpriest View Post
    It looks cool. If it gets some games Im interested in I might get it, though the whole 4k/8k thing is kinda pointless for me atm. Doubt I will get such a tv i many years.

I do hope (but not expect) that you can get it in different colours. I would love a red or purple version!
    Best you can hope for on that is probably game branded versions. Main versions will probably be White for the base and Black for this one that will probably be the more powerful of the two.

Though you can buy wraps and do it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    exclusives are horseshit and PS fans can cling to those all they want but most of the time if i can't play it on my pc idgaf.
    Maybe to you but they do sell systems and that matters to the companies selling the consoles, spending time on forums in my native language I saw a definite surge in people getting a Switch last month for Pokémon even though they already had 2 years to get one, same with Smash last year and I know people who are getting one this Christmas or soon after for Animal Crossing in March.

Sure that won't influence everyone their choice on whether to buy a console or when to buy it but you can see clear patterns and links between a specific game coming out and someone suddenly buying the console it belongs too.

I do however don't hype up every single exclusive coming out like some really die hard ps4 fanboys do, I got a ps4 but even I lack certain exclusives cause I simply don't care for them, I got the console for Uncharted 4, Spider-Man and Last of Us II but I never bought for example Days Gone or Death Stranding or various other ones.
    Last edited by FluFF; 2019-12-13 at 09:59 PM.

I'm not even against xbox, but that has got to be one of the wankiest ads I've seen in a while.

If the design has purpose I don't mind it being a black box, though I do hope you can lay it on it's side. As someone working with electronics I can appreciate a potentially better used design that has a purpose over the artistic wank that many products follow these days, but sadly I still won't buy an xbox as I still simply have no use for it..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Maybe to you but they do sell systems and that matters to the companies selling the consoles, spending time on forums in my native language I saw a definite surge in people getting a Switch last month for Pokémon even though they already had 2 years to get one, same with Smash last year and I know people who are getting one this Christmas or soon after for Animal Crossing in March.

Sure that won't influence everyone their choice on whether to buy a console or when to buy it but you can see clear patterns and links between a specific game coming out and someone suddenly buying the console it belongs too.

I do however don't hype up every single exclusive coming out like some really die hard ps4 fanboys do, I got a ps4 but even I lack certain exclusives cause I simply don't care for them, I got the console for Uncharted 4, Spider-Man and Last of Us II but I never bought for example Days Gone or Death Stranding or various other ones.
    yeah they do sell but they're no good from a consumer POV.
    imagine if you could play any of those games on any system. how is that a bad thing?

imagine if you could play any of those games on any system. how is that a bad thing?
    Those exclusives would not exist if it wasn't for the company's (Nintendo,Sony,MS) funding them.

Those company's themselves literally wouldn't exist. Exclusives breeds competition and that's how the whole market works.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

yeah they do sell but they're no good from a consumer POV.
    Ever thought to yourself why almost no 3rd parties fund games like the 1st parties do? Because they're not bringing in unlimited profit potential chasing whatever market fad is hype at the time. They exist to offer something different, to attract you to their systems by doing things nobody else is doing.

If they weren't exclusive they wouldn't exist in the same form. Look at Sega's first party production on the dreamcast, now look at their 3rd party production in the 360/PS3 gen a full gen removed from going 3rd party... It sucked. A few standouts but mostly bland shit not taking any chances and killing off the few good ones they made because they didn't sell 500 million copies.

It's honestly comical you think first parties would be able to fund these large SP experiences with limited ways of monetizing past release if they where just 3rd parties and not using them as tools to attract you into their walled gardens to spend money there. If they don't meet profit expectations they still reached their goal of attracting some customers in. That is the entire point of them, and why they take more risks and usually don't have all the shitty practices you see the rest of the industry using.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-12-14 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Ever thought to yourself why almost no 3rd parties fund games like the 1st parties do? Because they're not bringing in unlimited profit potential chasing whatever market fad is hype at the time. They exist to offer something different, to attract you to their systems by doing things nobody else is doing.

If they weren't exclusive they wouldn't exist in the same form. Look at Sega's first party production on the dreamcast, now look at their 3rd party production in the 360/PS3 gen a full gen removed from going 3rd party... It sucked. A few standouts but mostly bland shit not taking any chances and killing off the few good ones they made because they didn't sell 500 million copies.

It's honestly comical you think first parties would be able to fund these large SP experiences with limited ways of monetizing past release if they where just 3rd parties and not using them as tools to attract you into their walled gardens to spend money there. If they don't meet profit expectations they still reached their goal of attracting some customers in. That is the entire point of them, and why they take more risks and usually don't have all the shitty practices you see the rest of the industry using.
    Death Stranding is actually a perfect example of this. A full indie developer with huge talent and yet still needed the funds of Sony to make as high quality of a product as he did.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

i don't care how they do it. i'm just not interested in owning multiple devices.. especially now that they'll cost about the same as a decent pc. then they can go fuck off with that nonsense.

i don't care how they do it. i'm just not interested in owning multiple devices.. especially now that they'll cost about the same as a decent pc. then they can go fuck off with that nonsense.
    Then wait a few years and buy the system on the cheap.

Xbox One's was $99 on Black Friday, Stop being salty because your not getting something for free.

Where does it say they will cost as much as a decent pc? Build us a pc that can do what they can and lets compare prices.

I'm a PS/Sony buyer, but it looks great. :-)

The 4K at 60-120FPS sounds insane!
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why people seem to hate on the Xbox X name. Beats 360. Or "PlayStation" which sounds like some next level Epstein shit.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    I'm a PS/Sony buyer, but it looks great. :-)

The 4K at 60-120FPS sounds insane!
    It can output that. Literally no games will run that though. Framerates don't sell games, graphics do. So why cut the amount of fidelity in half/quarter when you can continue running at 30fps and be good enough for most people.

Not to mention, TVs running 120hz is almost unheard of, because no nearly no content is being produced to take advantage of it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Not sure why people seem to hate on the Xbox X name. Beats 360. Or "PlayStation" which sounds like some next level Epstein shit.
    Because it's not called "Xbox x" it's called "Xbox series x"

Which sounds like a half-step rather than a full generation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    It can output that. Literally no games will run that though. Framerates don't sell games, graphics do. So why cut the amount of fidelity in half/quarter when you can continue running at 30fps and be good enough for most people.

Not to mention, TVs running 120hz is almost unheard of, because no nearly no content is being produced to take advantage of it

- - - Updated - - -

Because it's not called "Xbox x" it's called "Xbox series x"

Which sounds like a half-step rather than a full generation
    Does the name of the console matter?
    Hi

Actually yes it does...

One of the core reasons the Wii-U bombed was because of its name. The Casual Customer isn't going to know the difference between a Xbox One X and a Xbox Series X. Its all about the marketing and that's a fumble out the gate.

Now do I think the system will do Wii-U bad? No not yet anyways. But name matters greatly in helping the sale of a console.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like this is bait but ill bite.

Playstation 5 tells you what it is when the last system is Playstation 4. Xbox One X and Xbox Series X is way to close in name and will just confuse the casual customer.

It sounds like a half step.

Hell I still get people asking what the Xbox One X and Playstation 4 Pro is. The name needs to be Crystal Clear on what it is.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-12-14 at 11:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely does. Why'd you buy an Xbox series x when you have an xbox one x? Name's too similar.